Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

Discuss PSP Official Games here
Forum rules
- No piracy talk is allowed here.
- Only discuss the games you like without the technical aspects of "how to run them on firmware XXX....". In particular, ISO discussion is not allowed in this subforum.
- This is for official games only. For homebrews, go to viewforum.php?f=2
Bert960

Re: Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

Post by Bert960 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:11 pm

Same here, you do make a valid point
Advertising

Darth Agnon

Post by Darth Agnon » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:04 pm

Daniel_Davies85 wrote: It could be religious reasons, age reasons, parental screening reasons, anything.

I'm glad to know that some people have screening of some kind in their lives. I tire of the 10 year olds playing 18 rated games like COD and screaming curses every other word.

When I was a lad, many moons ago, the day I turned 12 was the day I was allowed to watch a 12 rated movie. It got kind of hard for my parents to keep track after that but I wasn't allowed, in their house, to play or watch anything above my age range.

It never did me any harm and I feel kids run riot these days and need more disciplining.
Thanks for your support. I like decency in games. I am male and I am not a feminist (nor a chauvinist either, for that matter). The three reasons you stated, Daniel_Davies85, do apply this end of the line. Sorta like when you were a lad here too. It's a good thing :) .

So does anyone really know if MGS Peacewalker would fit into the category of "Indecent Explicit Game" or not?

Live long and prosper,

Darth Agnon
Planeswalker and Monster Hunter
Advertising
Like Wagic? Check out my custom themes, etc. at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44148
Wololo's article: http://wololo.net/2016/07/14/new-wagic- ... rth-agnon/

Daniel_Davies85

Post by Daniel_Davies85 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:02 pm

Do you know what. It's not a costly game, I think I got it for a couple of quid off eBay (though I've never played it). I'd just buy it and give it a go and if/when something comes up that you're not happy with then call it a day.

Or if you've gotten into it so much that you can look past/look away at anything inappropriate then it might not be as bad as you think.

I guess only you can judge whether you will be affected/offended by it.

Darth Agnon

Post by Darth Agnon » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:57 am

Daniel_Davies85 wrote:Do you know what. It's not a costly game, I think I got it for a couple of quid off eBay (though I've never played it). I'd just buy it and give it a go and if/when something comes up that you're not happy with then call it a day.

Or if you've gotten into it so much that you can look past/look away at anything inappropriate then it might not be as bad as you think.

I guess only you can judge whether you will be affected/offended by it.
Thanks :D . Reckon I'll give it a try... (look forward to the Monster Hunter easter egg missions)

Darth Agnon

Lizarddean

Post by Lizarddean » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:08 pm

Hello, these are some things you might want to know.
Please excuse my english.

Main game includes:
Violence (fight cutscenes)
Guns (an in any MGS game)
Torturing (cutscenes, not explicit)
Female Underwear / Partial Nudity (cutscenes, but you have to trigger them, I won't tell you how, but you can play the game entirely without seeing it)
Metal Gear Series jokes
Murder (although you can go ninja and use your tranquilizer gun)
Some nose blood

Side Missions:
Male and female underwear/bikini 3d models (In the game, explicit, you have to unlock them though)
Female-Male and Male-male intercourse/inuendos (It's only 1 special mission, and you have to meet certain requirements to get it.)
Super awesome battles against well-known Monster Hunter bosses. (Killing them is optional)

In this game you won't find:
Any kind of explicit and mandatory sex scenes.

Also you can check its ESRB rating.
Here's the extract:
"This is a stealth-based action game in which players assume the role of Snake, an elite soldier investigating a military presence in the jungles of Costa Rica. Players engage in various missions by sneaking past guards, incapacitating enemy soldiers with a tranquilizer gun, and performing hand-to-hand takedowns in close-quarter combat. Players can also use machine guns, pistols, and rockets to kill enemy soldiers and destroy vehicles and robots. When enemies are shot, a brief red particle effect is displayed. Black-and-white comic book-style cutscenes sometimes depict instances of torture: The central character is repeatedly shocked by electric rods; the silhouette of a tortured soldier depicts red blood dripping from his nose and mouth. Players can also engage in extra missions ('extra ops') that involve dating either a male or female character: Players can take pictures of their female dates in bikinis, touch a character's breasts, or lie on top of him or her on the beach. If players enter a cardboard box ('Love Pack'), a rustling motion and moaning sounds occur. During the course of the game, characters reference drugs in dialogue (e.g., 'drug refining plant,' 'drug money,' and 'narcotics plant'); words such as 'bullsh*t' and 'b*tch' can also be heard."

I hope it helps.
It's a great game, you should totally play it. :)
Lizarddean.

Darth Agnon

Post by Darth Agnon » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:27 pm

Hey, Lizarddean, I just want to say thanks! I really appreciate your post; thank you so much for the detailed info! :D It's the sort of stuff I wanted to know. Will probably start Peace Walker upon finishing Portable Ops (and upgrading my PSP Memory Stick to 2x 32GB MicroSDs :geek: )
Thanks also to everyone else who posted here to help me out. Thanks, Wololo Community! :D You guys are awesome!

Darth Agnon
Planeswalker and Monster Hunter

Darth Agnon

Post by Darth Agnon » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:29 pm

PS Your English is great, Lizarddean! :D

D.A.
P. & MonHun

Bert960

Post by Bert960 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:45 am

I'm still new to MGS. For the PSP games, which game should I start with? MGS Portable OPS, Portable OPS Plus, or Peace Walker?

fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:02 am

Portable Ops is good, Ops Plus is just multyplayer and Peace Walker isn't even a MGS game IMHO.
PW takes place after Portable Ops BTW.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

Darth Agnon

Post by Darth Agnon » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:11 pm

Does anyone know if the MGSPW Install Data is necessary? I've installed the full version, but don't notice much/any difference with or without. Does the install data only help if the game is in UMD format, or does it affect EBOOTs and 1S0 formats in any way as well (e.g. slower/faster loading, allowing certain features to function...?). With all due respect to the forum and moderators, I am running Peace Walker in 1S0 format and was wondering if I need the Install Data?
Thanks,

Darth Agnon

Return to “Games”