Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

MHFU or God Eater Burst?

Discuss PSP Official Games here
Forum rules
- No piracy talk is allowed here.
- Only discuss the games you like without the technical aspects of "how to run them on firmware XXX....". In particular, ISO discussion is not allowed in this subforum.
- This is for official games only. For homebrews, go to viewforum.php?f=2
gunzjones

MHFU or God Eater Burst?

Post by gunzjones »

Which would do you enjoy playing more? I am at a toss up between the two. I've been playing GEB this last two weeks and seem to be able to like it more for the actual voicework and story versus the MH series. It has rekindled my like of the hunter system.
Advertising
1k - 6.61 me 2.3 cipl
2k - 6.60 me 2.3. Cipl
Vita 1k - 3.51
fouadtjuhmaster

Re: MHFU or God Eater Burst?

Post by fouadtjuhmaster »

It is tough to choose between MHFU and GE. I have been a fan of the first one, but the second one is awesome. So I have to go with God Eater Burst
Advertising
PSPcfwDUDE

Post by PSPcfwDUDE »

I own both for the PSP and to be honest GEB is so much better for me. MHFU is a little to slow-paced for me and I'm getting bored of it quickly. GEB has a good storyline, anime characters, lots of weapons/customization etc.
Tigrexx007

Post by Tigrexx007 »

Like MHFU much, much more. Better Gameplay, Monsters and much much more stuff to do. ^ ^,
gunzjones

Post by gunzjones »

GEB has better monsters IMO. They do recycle after a while though. MH gets repetitive with the gathering quests whereas the GE quests are kill quests so far as I've been able to get ahold of it. To me, that adds to it along with the previously stated stuff on story and having an actual plot.
1k - 6.61 me 2.3 cipl
2k - 6.60 me 2.3. Cipl
Vita 1k - 3.51
ali_ihsan21

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

I love the nature scenes in monster hunter games but both games are fine
PSP-1000 6.20 16 GB Pro C-2
PSP-go 6.20 32 GB LME 2.3 White
PSP-go 6.60 24 GB Pro C-2 / LME 2.3 Black
PS Vita Slim 8 GB 3.60 Henkaku
PS TV 3.60 Henkaku 1 TB Samsung Story
Thank you RepRep, Total_Noob, Suloku, Omega2058, TheFlow
Darth Agnon

Post by Darth Agnon »

Try Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (a JP exclusive, but English language patches exist...). It is easier and does away with some of the grinding (i.e. you won't have to grind *as much* as before) from Monster Hunter Freedom Unite/Portable 2nd G. Its graphics are some of the absolute best I have ever seen on the PSP, and the monsters behave more realistically (e.g. no robot walk-in-place) than before.

You can probably guess, I prefer MonHun (never played GEB, but have seen footage). In-depth character customisation, many classes of distinct weaponry, beautiful graphics, huge, spectacular scenery, and the best looking and most fun bosses in gaming...what's not to like? (answer: the grinding, and the 2nd generation volcano scenery. And getting pwned by an Elder Dragon while taking a potion.) But give MHP3 a try, you won't regret it!

Darth Agnon
Planeswalker and Monster Hunter :)
Like Wagic? Check out my custom themes, etc. at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44148
Wololo's article: http://wololo.net/2016/07/14/new-wagic- ... rth-agnon/
ali_ihsan21

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

Or Toukiden Kiwami because we have another monster hunter likely game but its Japan once again :evil:

Thank you Sony

There are real voices while fighting in that game, not just " yuva yıvai" as in monster hunter :D

How they can produce a game that much look like MH ?
PSP-1000 6.20 16 GB Pro C-2
PSP-go 6.20 32 GB LME 2.3 White
PSP-go 6.60 24 GB Pro C-2 / LME 2.3 Black
PS Vita Slim 8 GB 3.60 Henkaku
PS TV 3.60 Henkaku 1 TB Samsung Story
Thank you RepRep, Total_Noob, Suloku, Omega2058, TheFlow
krysodlak

Post by krysodlak »

I'd take MHFU over any other game. I prefer the more natural and realistic setting of MH opposed to the weird sci-fi in GEB. And MHFU has much more content than MHP3rd, so I think it's the best hunting game on the PSP. But feel free to start with MHP3rd and then jump to MHFU,
as I feel that Portable 3rd is more beginner-friendly.
doctorgoat

Post by doctorgoat »

Portable 3rd has less content, but the content is polished more. The weapons are also more enjoyable to use.

The longsword is a yawnfest in MHFU, and the unleash meter in p3rd is rad. I think every weapon has a similar major change.

A lot of the content in MHFU is recolors and minor stat/move edit stuff :/ Red Khezu is just faster Khezu with one new attack. Green Plesioth likes to swim more. Azure and Silver Rathalos are just the normal one with aggression cranked up, and the Rathians probably are, too.

Return to “Games”