Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Final Fantasy Type 0

Discuss PSP Official Games here
Forum rules
- No piracy talk is allowed here.
- Only discuss the games you like without the technical aspects of "how to run them on firmware XXX....". In particular, ISO discussion is not allowed in this subforum.
- This is for official games only. For homebrews, go to viewforum.php?f=2
chaosstar23

Final Fantasy Type 0

Post by chaosstar23 »

So does anyone know if this is getting a U.S. Vita release? or at least a European release? Since the Vita isnt region locked (i think) i would import day one and i think a vita "version" would be just absolutely awesome. And anyone know of any upcoming Square titles? at all? Im really really really missing Star Ocean and they havent put it on PSN. i would play that on my PS3 and and my vita and just cross save so i could take it on my long train rides.............
and i apologize, i dont know which section to post this in because its already on PSP in Japan and i heard rumors of a Vita release but i dont know which region............Or maybe it was a PSP release? idk. all i know is that i didnt think black rock shooter would make it over here becasue i was sure they were just done with the psp, but it did. ;)
Advertising
Love and selfishness kinda go hand in hand, don't they? Sanosuke Sagara
Steven

Re: Final Fantasy Type 0

Post by Steven »

Nope no official news... only unconfirmed rumors IIRC
Advertising
chaosstar23

Post by chaosstar23 »

well if anyone hears of any news they can fell to free to post on here as im sure there are others besides us that are intereseted. (actually becasue then i dont have to search threads) :lol:
Love and selfishness kinda go hand in hand, don't they? Sanosuke Sagara
ai_ren

Post by ai_ren »

There's some people translating it. Just search "FF type 0 translation"

They seem like a great team too, and they're even going to wait until it's complete to release it rather than constantly update (something I freaking love, seeing SE's past legal handling of these types of things, and we know they won't just throw out a shoddy item list in english or something like that
Steven

Post by Steven »

ai_ren wrote:There's some people translating it. Just search "FF type 0 translation"

They seem like a great team too, and they're even going to wait until it's complete to release it rather than constantly update (something I freaking love, seeing SE's past legal handling of these types of things, and we know they won't just throw out a shoddy item list in english or something like that
And those people IIRC scrap it due to a problem encountered.
Infam0us

Post by Infam0us »

Now im stoked that it's being translated, but i do wish it was being done by Square since i would've loved the voice acting to be english but hey atleast we're getting this.
Playstation Vita 1000 / OFW 3.01 (Currently awaiting the release of TN-4 Exploit)
Xbox 360 (Halo 3 Edition) RROD :(
Steven

SE Still Interested In Bringing FF Type-0 To The West

Post by Steven »

Well here's the latest news...
Ishaan wrote:

Speaking with US Gamer, Final Fantasy Agito producer Hajime Tabata said that the iPhone and Android game “will definitely be localized”. As previously reported, Square Enix recently filed a trademark for the game in Europe.

Additionally, Tabata also indicated that Square Enix are still considering bringing Final Fantasy Type-0, the PSP game which Agito is a spin-off of, to the west in some form. While he wouldn’t offer any guarantees, Tabata said that fan enthusiasm for the game has renewed Square Enix’s interest in bringing the game overseas.

Final Fantasy Agito is slated for release on iOS and Android platforms this winter in Japan.
Source
pancakes4ever

Post by pancakes4ever »

I'm not sure if you've seen it yet but there is a fan translation in the works. According to the recent forum post, there thinking they'll be done by this summer. I'm thinking this will be released before we see a vita version. I honestly don't know what SE and Sony thinking since this would probably fare pretty well in the US. Could be that they are waiting for the fan translation team to complete the localization for them, take advantage of copyright laws, snatch up the fruits of their labor and then release it for a profit. conspiricy theories aside, I await the fan translation release and/or learn Japanese.
hudavendigar

Post by hudavendigar »

Steven

Post by Steven »

Nice that's good to hear. :D

EDIT: Here's what a member of the translation said

Return to “Games”