Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[GBA, SNES EMULATION] Question

Discuss emulation on HBL. No discussion about how to download illegal content is allowed!
wachu

[GBA, SNES EMULATION] Question

Post by wachu »

First of all - Hi every1! I visited wololo.net many times, but without account. Just wanted to say that You guys are doing great things, keep it up.
Secondly - Sorry for my bad english, im from Poland (Europe).

So, the thing I wanted to ask is about emulation on psp 3004 6.20 by using HalfByteLoader-loaded homebrew emulators

First problem is that when Im using homebrew emulator called "Gpsp Kai" (downloaded from Your's site links) I have some problems with FPS in some games, like Golden Sun and Golden Sun: Lost Age - mainly when Im roaming the world map I have like ~10FPS, which obviously is crappy.

Second problem is that when Im using homebrew emulator called "Snes9xTYL" (downloaded from Your's site links) I have some problems with FPS in some games, like Chrono Trigger - when im on map i have ~55fps, when I fight ~40 FPS and in the invectory ~20FPS (FPS rate is shown by emulator). When I'm changing PSP clock frequency on 333mhz the problem is still there.

So, if somebody can help me I will be more than happy ;)

Cheers,
wachu
Advertising
HomebrewEnabler
Banned

Re: [GBA, SNES EMULATION] Question

Post by HomebrewEnabler »

this isnt the right topic to post questions and issues for hbl compatibility
Advertising
wachu

Post by wachu »

HomebrewEnabler wrote:this isnt the right topic to post questions and issues for hbl compatibility
Really? The topic name is: "[GBA, SNES EMULATION] Question" so why cant I post Q's ? :D
Well, if it is wrong FORUM, please move it to correct one, sorry (its sooo important, isnt it? :) )
TiPi
Retired Mod

Post by TiPi »

--> Moved to Half Byte Loader --> Emulation

I'm afraid I can't help you. :(
I've never had problems with those homebrew before. The only thing I can guess is that it's because of the fact that 6.20 HBL on a PSP 3000 doesn't have a full syscall estimation, but I'm not too sure about that either.
Problems or questions? Feel free to contact me.
-My Blog-
Nitori

Post by Nitori »

It's mostly just because those two systems are very hard to emulate at 100% speed.

For SNES, you can try disabling transparencies and using frameskips, but that's about as far as you'll get. HBL does play a very small part in slowing it down, but not by too much nowadays.
AssasinRam

Post by AssasinRam »

It's either a problem with hbl or the emulators or it's the config(try messing with it)
I have a -
PSP 3000

And I love-
HBL!
Why are you reading my signature? =)
Blog- http://ultimate-psp-hacks.blogspot.com/
wachu

Post by wachu »

Nitori wrote:For SNES, you can try disabling transparencies and using frameskips, but that's about as far as you'll get. HBL does play a very small part in slowing it down, but not by too much nowadays.
Thanks ! Setting frameskip to AUTO and framelimit to 40 (it was 2fast) did the trick. Great !
JAKE320

Post by JAKE320 »

Ummm.... do you have gpSP-kai signed?
PSP 3000 6.37
~JAKE320
Aconcit

Post by Aconcit »

This post is over a month old..
JJS
Big Beholder

Post by JJS »

JAKE320 wrote:Ummm.... do you have gpSP-kai signed?
Do not post the same thing in multiple threads. Also that question is offtopic in the HBL forum.

Return to “Emulation”