Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS1/PS2 on PSP

Discuss emulation on HBL. No discussion about how to download illegal content is allowed!
Sev

PS1/PS2 on PSP

Post by Sev »

does the PSP have enough computing power to ever come close to emulating a PS2 game?Is anyone working on a PS1 emulator?

edit: sorry, dumb question about the ps1...
Advertising
TiPi
Retired Mod

Re: PS1/PS2 on PSP

Post by TiPi »

Short but clear: no.
Advertising
Problems or questions? Feel free to contact me.
-My Blog-
Sev

Post by Sev »

Cheers.
hacker alias

Post by hacker alias »

Long answer in case anybody wants it:

Games can be PORTED, but that's hard work, and doesn't come out too well. Take Vice City Stories and Liberty City Stories as examples - they're not good on the PS2, which they were ported to.

The PSP and PS2 processors are so different in power and scope that you cannot hope to emulate either system on the other - first because of the processing COST of running an emulator, and second because of the various calls the systems regularly perform during gameplay. Then there's the issue of the Emotion Engine Chip - good luck soldering THAT to your PSP and coding an emulator to use it. In fact, good luck doing anything other than holding down paper with your PSP afterwards.
HTK

Post by HTK »

I've always compared the PSP power to something early-PS2 ish. Of course it could play PS1 games, but I'm not so sure about PS2 titles. If you were wanting to emulate certain games, just make sure theres a PSP copy, and mayby you could buy it?
PSP 2002 PRO-B8 Yellow PAL NZ
Now playing: Nothing Much really, just hoping around games
bingo88380

Post by bingo88380 »

If you Have PSX/PS1 Or PS2, Why Not play the games directly from it, why to put in psp .
hacker alias

Post by hacker alias »

bingo88380 wrote:If you Have PSX/PS1 Or PS2, Why Not play the games directly from it, why to put in psp .
Because the PSP is Portable

that's why it's called "PlayStation Portable"

Return to “Emulation”