Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Emulator Help

Discuss emulation on HBL. No discussion about how to download illegal content is allowed!
db87

Emulator Help

Post by db87 »

Hey Guys,

I just recently got into the seen w/ HBL, I have a PSP GO(WHITE) OFW 6.30 HBL101

I've been good luck with Daedalus, picodrive, gpspkai, and emumaster, but I'm trying to find a neo geo or mame emulator that works with this version of HBL, I've tried MVSPSP 2.3.1, CPS-2, but I say that hbl can't access prx files and that's why I was getting "error start SystemButtons.prx, I also tried mame4all it started but it said it couldn't find any roms when I had roms placed in the roms folder, I don't think I set that one up properly.

Final Burn Alpha starts fine, but it won't load the roms I've cached with romcnv :x , I've searched online and it seems you need to use fbacache to cache games for fba, but I'm just not sure what to do it's seems like the information is just scattered and not filtered properly, if any could give some tips to help, I think it would clear it up for others too.

And if anyone has found a SNES that works properly with the current version of HBL that would be cool.

Thanks in advance guys!!! :D
Advertising
frillybob

Re: Emulator Help

Post by frillybob »

I can't help you with the first part but here is an SNES emulator that was designed to work with HBL.

http://pspslimhacks.com/uo-snes9x-for-p ... bl-rev-85/

IDK if it works on the Golf Exploits though
Advertising
Please pray for frillybob. Get updates from here > viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2974
His brother mainly posts for him now! :)
Sean994

Post by Sean994 »

frillybob wrote:I can't help you with the first part but here is an SNES emulator that was designed to work with HBL.

http://pspslimhacks.com/uo-snes9x-for-p ... bl-rev-85/

IDK if it works on the Golf Exploits though
I'm pretty sure SNES9X 0.02y33 works on the Golf Exploit it's SNES9XTyl that doesn't, AFAIK so I'm sure you posted the correct emulator.

Also don't mean to mini mod but shouldn't this go into the "Emulation" forum? :P
grewolf

Post by grewolf »

db87 wrote:Hey Guys,

I just recently got into the seen w/ HBL, I have a PSP GO(WHITE) OFW 6.30 HBL101

I've been good luck with Daedalus, picodrive, gpspkai, and emumaster, but I'm trying to find a neo geo or mame emulator that works with this version of HBL, I've tried MVSPSP 2.3.1, CPS-2, but I say that hbl can't access prx files and that's why I was getting "error start SystemButtons.prx, I also tried mame4all it started but it said it couldn't find any roms when I had roms placed in the roms folder, I don't think I set that one up properly.

Final Burn Alpha starts fine, but it won't load the roms I've cached with romcnv :x , I've searched online and it seems you need to use fbacache to cache games for fba, but I'm just not sure what to do it's seems like the information is just scattered and not filtered properly, if any could give some tips to help, I think it would clear it up for others too.

And if anyone has found a SNES that works properly with the current version of HBL that would be cool.

Thanks in advance guys!!! :D
fur the neogeo part and cps2psp go the testing section in 5.51. ive posted what you requested there
Proud to be Pinoy
db87

Post by db87 »

Thanks guys ;)

For the SNES emulator, I've used that one before and I'm having the same issue where I don't see where I can make changes to the roms, I can seem to find where the menu options are to change the screen size and so on, and it's very very slow, I know most are, which I can't complain, but it's slow to the point the game is unplayable.

@Sean994
If this is the wrong place for me to post anything, could you direct me to the right forum, I'm still new to the PSP forums, so send me some useful links and I'll make sure to search there before I do anything else

@grewolf
I'm not too sure where you want me to go :oops: is it in this forum or another forum? If you could send me a direct link that would be great :)

Thanks again guys, everything just scattered around and I'm not sure where to look, so I appreciate all the help
grewolf

Post by grewolf »

db87 wrote:Thanks guys ;)

For the SNES emulator, I've used that one before and I'm having the same issue where I don't see where I can make changes to the roms, I can seem to find where the menu options are to change the screen size and so on, and it's very very slow, I know most are, which I can't complain, but it's slow to the point the game is unplayable.

@Sean994
If this is the wrong place for me to post anything, could you direct me to the right forum, I'm still new to the PSP forums, so send me some useful links and I'll make sure to search there before I do anything else

@grewolf
I'm not too sure where you want me to go :oops: is it in this forum or another forum? If you could send me a direct link that would be great :)

Thanks again guys, everything just scattered around and I'm not sure where to look, so I appreciate all the help
Request granted. Here you go http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3L4QFPR6
Proud to be Pinoy
db87

Post by db87 »

Thanks grewolf

Now I'm getting this new issue now, it loads up, but when I try to load KOF2002 and MS5 I get this error:

Checking BIOS...
Checking ROM info...
ROM set "kof2002"
Loading "265-p1.bin"
Loading "265-p2.bin"
Loading "usa_2slt.bin (US MVS (2?))"
File not found "265-m1_decrypted.bin"
Press any button

So it was the same error for both, any pointers?
grewolf

Post by grewolf »

db87 wrote:Thanks grewolf

Now I'm getting this new issue now, it loads up, but when I try to load KOF2002 and MS5 I get this error:

Checking BIOS...
Checking ROM info...
ROM set "kof2002"
Loading "265-p1.bin"
Loading "265-p2.bin"
Loading "usa_2slt.bin (US MVS (2?))"
File not found "265-m1_decrypted.bin"
Press any button

So it was the same error for both, any pointers?
( pm )
Proud to be Pinoy
Sean994

Post by Sean994 »

db87 wrote:Thanks guys ;)

@Sean994
It should have been posted here: viewforum.php?f=12 in "Emulation" It looks like one of the Moderators already moved it for you though. ;)

As for the SNES emulator being slow I can vouch for SNES9x y33 not being that great in terms of speed but you have to mess around with the CPU speed set it to 333 and set the frameskip around 2 turn the sound rate down to 22kHz and you shouldn't have that many problems even though the speed isn't the max, I prefer TYL but until it gets resolved on the Golf Exploit we can't be picky I guess. I'm not an expert on the emulators with the Golf exploit either since I only used it about 2 times since r100 was released. :)
db87

Post by db87 »

grewolf's link works awesome for anyone who wants neo geo help, just download the proper roms and everything is smooth after that

But Sean994 I see what you're saying, and I've heard about the compatibility issues with TYL, and I'll patiently wait for an update, but with the SNES9X 0.02y33 I can't seem to see where I can make these changes, I've played around with other emulators but from some reason I can't see how to make these changes, is there something I might be missing and I can't get into the menu to change the frameskip etc? Do I press something after the game has loaded ?

I know this might sound painful hehe but I'm lost :?

Return to “Emulation”