Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Working Emulators And Known Issues With Emulators

Discuss emulation on HBL. No discussion about how to download illegal content is allowed!
lostsarph
Banned

Re: Working Emulators And Known Issues With Emulators

Post by lostsarph »

psp type=pspgo :| :!:
CFW virsion=5.70 :| :!:
expliot=patapon2demo :| :!:
hpl=109 :| :!:
Advertising
Null

Post by Null »

lostsarph wrote:psp type=pspgo :| :!:
... ITS OFFICIAL FIRMWARE (OFW), NOT CUSTOM FIRMWARE (CFW) AND "HBL", NOT "HPL".

Anyway, I think 5.70 may have bad compatibility with homebrew, you can try upgrading (I suggest you don't) to like, 6.10 (6.20 has poorer homebrew compatibility apparently. Also, please describe what happens...

Does the PSP switch off when you try to load the homebrew? Does it return to the XMB or to the HBL Menu? Does it show any type of error message?
You can try running the HBL Debug version, let the homebrew crash and post the debug log (dbglog) here.
Advertising
Omnija

Post by Omnija »

Null wrote:
lostsarph wrote:psp type=pspgo :| :!:
... ITS OFFICIAL FIRMWARE (OFW), NOT CUSTOM FIRMWARE (CFW) AND "HBL", NOT "HPL".

Anyway, I think 5.70 may have bad compatibility with homebrew, you can try upgrading (I suggest you don't) to like, 6.10 (6.20 has poorer homebrew compatibility apparently. Also, please describe what happens...

Does the PSP switch off when you try to load the homebrew? Does it return to the XMB or to the HBL Menu? Does it show any type of error message?
You can try running the HBL Debug version, let the homebrew crash and post the debug log (dbglog) here.
that's full of shyt that 6.20 has a poorer homebrew compatibility den 6.10, i used to have 6.10 and tons of homebrew didn't work and only worked after i upgraded to 6.20. so don't say things unless you 1 experienced it or 2 haveb fully tested it.
JJS
Big Beholder

Post by JJS »

Omnija wrote:that's full of shyt that 6.20 has a poorer homebrew compatibility den 6.10, i used to have 6.10 and tons of homebrew didn't work and only worked after i upgraded to 6.20. so don't say things unless you 1 experienced it or 2 haveb fully tested it.
You say this with so much confidence (and unnecessary aggression) and yet it is so wrong.

HBL has the best homebrew compatibility for up to 6.10 on a 2000/3000. All GO firmwares have essentially the same compatibility, the differences come from the used game exploit only. So it would be safe to update a GO to 6.20 if you want to still use the Patapon exploit.

I guess this myth stems from the time when the 6.20 testing thread was by far the one with the most entries. Also in HBL before R96 there was no difference between HBL on any of the firmwares. There were changes in R99 that made HBL much better for 6.20 on 2000/3000 too, but it still inferior to lower firmwares. Some further reading material about it here and here.
Null

Post by Null »

JJS wrote:
Omnija wrote:that's full of shyt that 6.20 has a poorer homebrew compatibility den 6.10, i used to have 6.10 and tons of homebrew didn't work and only worked after i upgraded to 6.20. so don't say things unless you 1 experienced it or 2 haveb fully tested it.
You say this with so much confidence (and unnecessary aggression) and yet it is so wrong.

HBL has the best homebrew compatibility for up to 6.10 on a 2000/3000. All GO firmwares have essentially the same compatibility, the differences come from the used game exploit only. So it would be safe to update a GO to 6.20 if you want to still use the Patapon exploit.

I guess this myth stems from the time when the 6.20 testing thread was by far the one with the most entries. Also in HBL before R96 there was no difference between HBL on any of the firmwares. There were changes in R99 that made HBL much better for 6.20 on 2000/3000 too, but it still inferior to lower firmwares. Some further reading material about it here and here.
Ah, so thats how it is... I thought it was the same for all models.

EDIT::
I upgraded my PSP to 6.20 from 6.10 and after that many of my homebrew did not work. So yes I have experienced it.
Last edited by Null on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Omnija

Post by Omnija »

JJS wrote:

when i used to have 6.10 - 4 homebrew games did not launch at all , such as psp R and i dont remember the other 3, the minuite i updated to 6.20 all of them worked perfectly. that why im so confident about it, as well as it was before revision 99, must of been revision 95 i think i changed to 6.20 due to the few games i wanted to play did not work on 6.10, and this isint based on the fact that there is more queries of test set up for 6.20 den 6.10. i also noticed it ran snes emualtors way faster on the 6.20 then it did on the 6.10, i used to have to turn the sound emulation off for it to run normal speed at all time.
Mr. X
Retired Mod

Post by Mr. X »

Omnija wrote:that why im so confident about it
Sorry, but I just had to laugh. You can be as confident as you like, but JJS programmed the dang thing and I'm fairly certain that he knows what he's talking about.

Anyway, what does this have to do with emulation exactly?
All HBL Revisions: Binaries + Source | Topic
TN HEN Releases: Download
Pie

Post by Pie »

that's full of shyt that 6.20 has a poorer homebrew compatibility den 6.10,
tl;dr: 6.10 is better then 6.20
when i used to have 6.10 - 4 homebrew games did not launch at all , such as psp R and i dont remember the other 3, the minuite i updated to 6.20 all of them worked perfectly.
tl;dr: 6.20 is better then 6.10

Make up your mind before you start arguments about this
JJS
Big Beholder

Post by JJS »

Pie, I think you misunderstood. His argument was that 6.20 > 6.10, no ambiguity there.

Besides that, as Mr. X already remarked, we will now return to the topic.
lostsarph
Banned

Post by lostsarph »

never mind guys i dont want it anymore!

Return to “Emulation”