Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Working Emulators And Known Issues With Emulators

Discuss emulation on HBL. No discussion about how to download illegal content is allowed!
Metroid_III

Working Emulators And Known Issues With Emulators

Post by Metroid_III »

**GPSP and EmuMaster both exit back to HBL successfully now, as of R109**

Welcome to Working Emulators And Known Issues! This thread is here to inform Half-Byte Loader end-users about, you guessed it, Working Emulators And Known Issues. If you have any comments, questions, reports, or issues, feel free to post them in this thread and I will listen to you :)

NES Emulators (Recommended: NesterJ)

NesterJ v1.13 BETA 2

Download: QJ
Alternate Download: PSP-Hacks

Overall Rating: 10/10 Perfect :D

[spoiler]Information: This NesterJ release by Ruka incorporates all the changes added in v1.12 (without the rewind mode and mirror modes, which require external plugins). It is to date the newest NES emulator release for the PSP. It runs almost all NES games at full speed, at only 222mhz. This emulator is very gentle on your battery life, especially useful for the PSP Go owners :)

Compatibility : Compatibility with this emulator is solid with no noticed issues on my side. The exit function works correctly and returns you to the HBL Menu/XMB.

Performance: Runs most games perfectly at only 222mhz. The best NES Emulator available for the PSP. It also goes into Sleep/Suspend mode perfectly, making it an easy distraction for when you have 5 minutes free ;)

Features:
-Save States
-Screenshots
-Famicom Disk System Emulation
-TV Out
-Speed Mode Toggles (Must Be Set In Preferences, I Use 120FPS For Speed Mode 1, and 30FPS For Speed Mode 2, I Use The Analog Up For Speedup, And Analog Down For Slowdown)
-Show FPS
-Black And White Mode
-Alternate Palettes
-CPU Clock Frequency Adjustment
-Sound Frequency Adjustment
-Use Of Extra Sound Channels
-Custom Key Mappings
-Custom Backgrounds (just click on the one you want in the file browser)
-Screen Size Adjustment
-GFX Filtering
-Text/Cursor Color Changing For The Menu
-Cheats
-Other Miscellaneous Options
-etc.[/spoiler]

FCEU-PSP v0.3

Overall Rating: 8/10 (Not full screen, runs at 333mhz as opposed to 222mhz for NesterJ, not really full speed, slightly buggy sound :| )

[spoiler]Information: FCEU-PSP is a project started by bootsector as his first foray into the PSP scene. After just 3 revisions, the emulator is already the 2nd best NES emulator for the PSP. Looks like the project is dropped though, the last update was in November. Runs most games at close to perfect speeds.

Compatibility: Perfect with no noticed issues on my side. Exit to HBL Menu/XMB successful.

Performance: Only succeeded by NesterJ. This emulator supports more mappers than NesterJ, and thus supports some ROMS that NesterJ cannot (mostly obscure ones though). This emulator cannot go to full-screen, so you will have black borders to the left and right of your games :(. The Sleep/Suspend mode = A-OK ;) Unfortunately, the sound is slightly buggy and it isn't quite full speed.

Features:
-Save States
-Screen Size Adjustment/GFX Filtering
-Cheats[/spoiler]

SNES Emulators (Recommended: Snes9xTYL)

Snes9xTYL 0.4.2 Standard Edition

Download The Original: QJ
Alternate Download For The Original: PSP-Hacks

Download For thorwak's Mod: RapidShare

[spoiler]Information: This SNES emulator by YoyoFR was the last SNES emulator made before the move to the ME (which requires plugins/kernel mode to use). What this means is that we have the best SNES emulator possible working in HBL. This is the Standard version of Snes9xTYL 0.4.2, if you can't get it to work you are probably using the ME version of the emulator, which will NOT work. Use my download link(s) and you'll be fine.

Compatibility: Since r95, the saving issue has been fixed and the exit function will correctly return you to the HBL Menu/XMB. I recommend you use thorwak's mod of Snes9xTYL 0.4.2, it adds some speed and removes the battery level check entirely. Haven't noticed any problems.

Performance: People have reported that this emulator can be occasionally slower than uo_snes9x_y33ruka, but this is because the default options are different. Remember, first change the CPU clock speed from 300mhz (default) to 333mhz. Changing the rendering from PSP Accelerated + Approx. to Approx. Software with give you a slight speed boost, this is the fastest renderer. From there, you can reduce sound frequency to 22050 HZ and add frameskip. The hack/debug menu can make many games full speed with only minor loss aesthetically if used correctly. I recommend you disable transparencies, ignore palette writes, and ignore fixed color changes for games which are slow. Best way to use the debug menu is to experiment. You can enter Sleep/Suspend mode with this emulator ;)

Features:
-SPC Music Player
-Save States
-Frameskip/Auto Frameskip
-Show FPS
-Custom Backgrounds
-Custom Key Mappings
-Cheats
-Screenshots
-Debug Menu
-Support For Game Specific Configuration Settings
-Lots Of Configuration Settings including Rendering Modes, Screen Size, Smoothing, Sound Frequency, CPU Frequency, etc. It even has a minimalist file browser!
-Other Miscellaneous Options[/spoiler]

UO Snes9x 0.02y33 Build 0034 Ruka

Alternate Download: PSPSlimHacks

Overall Rating: 8/10 (Not as good as TYL)

[spoiler]Information: This is a UO Snes9x mod by Ruka which improves compatibility with Half Byte Loader. This emulator is not as good as Snes9xTYL, though. Worth a shot if some game isn't working well on Snes9xTYL; maybe it runs better here...

Compatibility: Perfect. Exit to HBL Menu/XMB = A-OK.

Performance: For the most part, a good deal worse than Snes9xTYL. However, some users have noted that certain games may work slightly better on this SNES emulator.

Features:
-Save States
-Custom Menu Background
-Custom Key Mappings
-Frameskip/Auto Frameskip
-Screen Size Adjustment
-Show FPS
-Cheats
-Sound And Graphics Speed Adjustment (May Produce Non-Ideal Results)

N64 Emulators (Recommended: Daedalus R14 Beta (Stability))

DaedalusX64 Revision 489 (Debug)

DaedalusX64 For HBL Thread (Use the link in the 1st post): DaedalusX64 For HBL
Link to RedCloud's detailed setup tutorial: Setting Up DaedalusX64 On Your HBL-Enabled PSP

Overall Rating: 7/10 Good (works fine, but random crashing and overall performance prevents me from giving it a higher score :( )

[spoiler]Information: This project is a continuation of the original Daedalus PSP project which is contributed to by many talented developers including Chilly Willy, Wally, Salv-E, Kreationz, and many more. It has mostly been targeted at improving compatibility and stability of the original emulator. To all the doubters, Beta 3 will come...eventually.

Compatibility: This mod of DX64 is made by none other than Salv-E himself. There is no exit option in this emulator, but force exit WILL work if you choose to use that. Exit to XMB works fine. The emulator itself is good, but will crash after a while, completely randomly depending on the game and other circumstances. Making a memory stick backup before using this is recommended, you never know if it crashes at the wrong time...

Performance: You should be able to run some games, like Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64, at full speed without sound, and some games relatively well without sound like Zelda: OOT and Zelda: MM. Adjust some settings in the menu (press select) if you need to add frameskip or mess around with speedhacks. Sleep and suspend mode are iffy with this emulator, I don't recommend trying :(

Features:
-Show FPS
-Save States
-Debug Menu
-Multiple Controller Configurations
-Frameskip
-Screenshots
-Screen Size Adjustment
-GFX Filters
-Sound Toggling

Daedalus R14 Beta

Download: PSP-Hacks
Alternate Download: QJ

Overall Rating: 8/10 (It doesn't randomly crash and it is very stable, but it is slightly slower than DX64 :|)

[spoiler]Information: The original Daedalus PSP Project headed up by StrmnNrmn. R14 Beta by Captain Morgan. Noble undertaking worthy of commendation.

Compatibility: Almost perfect from my tests. Can still crash, but I can tell these crashes are due to Daedalus and not HBL. Crashing is rare anyhow, and the original revisions of Daedalus (such as this one) exit to the menu extremely quickly. No exit option, but you can use force exit to exit the emulator successfully.

Performance: Not as good as Daedalus X64, but crashes less often. Can still run games like Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64 full speed without sound. Doesn't work too well with Sleep/Suspend mode.

Features:
-Show FPS
-Screen Size Adjustment
-Save States
-Multiple Controller Configurations
-Frameskip
-Sound Toggling
-Screenshots
-etc.

Credits: Pie for the report :)[/spoiler]

GB/SGB/GBC/SMS Emulators (Recommended: EmuMaster)

EmuMaster V3.GX FFXIII Edition (GB/GBC/SGB/SMS)

Download For EmuMaster: QJ
Alternate Download For EmuMaster: PSP-Hacks

Overall Rating: 10/10 (R109 fixes crashing on return to HBL :) )

[spoiler]Information: This is an emulator originally coded by Brunni for the NeoFlash Summer Coding Competition. This project was later picked up by Genesis Vids, with some controversial changelogs. The 'About Masterboy' option in the emulator still credits Brunni as the sole creator of the emulator, btw, if that says anything to you. I'm only using this download because I like the new EBOOT :)

Compatibility: No color patches, those are for kernel mode only. USB Mode is also unusable due to the lack of kernel access. On the subject of your old Homer's RIN saves, You can import them here, just copy the archives containing the save files to the Save folder in Roms GBC. As of R109, EmuMaster (and MasterBoy) both exit back to the HBL menu successfully. Exit to XMB works, as usual. May occasionally crash after the OldSchool logo, the splash image you use doesn't seem to affect the probability of it crashing or not, it just happens sometimes (this hasn't happened to me in forever now, I'm presuming it was a fixed issue somewhere along the road but I won't remove this message just in case).

Performance: Most GBC and SMS games should run perfectly at 222mhz. Some people have claimed that save states are buggy and may corrupt if you only rely on save states to save. Brunni has never been able to replicate any of the problems, and neither have I after repeated save stating and loading at the end of Donkey Kong Country GBC :D Just to be safe, use in-game saving often and only use save states sparingly, for example in difficult portions of the game, and you should be fine. If you only use RAM states in front of say, difficult portions of your games and don't rely on them as a save method, you have nothing to worry about. As some reconciliation, I haven't had any save state problems using this emulator since I started using it. More reconciliation: I've been using a ton of save states lately and haven't had any problems. Sleep and Suspend modes work perfectly ;)

Features:
-VGM/GYM Music Player
-Custom Skins
-Custom Key Mappings
-Screenshots
-Save States (RAM and Memory Stick)
-Screen Size Adjustment
-Sound and GFX Filtering
-CPU Frequency Adjustment
-Emulated CPU Frequency Adjustment
-etc.[/spoiler]

Homer's RIN v3.2 (GB/GBC/SGB)

Overall Rating: 0/10 (Not loading for me :( or others on the Testing forum for that matter)

[spoiler]Information: A continuation of the original RIN PSP Project. Developed by well, Homer. Was considered universally as the best GBC emulator for PSP for a long time. Runs most GBC games full speed at only 222mhz. Unfortunately, it seems to have stopped working since R90. If you want to use this emulator, you're going to have to use an older HBL revision.

Compatibility: May occasionally crash when going to the emulator menu. Returns to HBL menu successfully. Does NOT load configuration settings on startup, though it DOES save them. UPDATE: I've actually gotten around to testing the "remove all files except the EBOOT" method myself, and it does not work for me. Combined with the constant reports of this emulator not working on the Testing forum, I've decided to revoke my score to a 0.

Performance: Same as MasterBoy/EmuMaster, except with less graphics filtering and the annoying menu crash bug. Save states don't corrupt here though, so if you rely purely on savestates this is your only choice. Sleep/Suspend mode = A-OK ;)

Features:
-Save States
-Screen Size Adjustment
-CPU Clock Speed Adjustment
-Frameskip
-Custom Key Mappings
-Custom Background
-Custom Text/Cursor Color In Menu
-Cheats
-etc.[/spoiler]

SMS Plus PSP 1.3.1 (SMS)

Download: Official Download Page
Documentation: Here

Overall Rating: 9/10 (No exit option :|)

[spoiler]Information: SMS Plus PSP is a Sega Master System emulator made by Akop. You may also know as the developer of VICE PSP, among many other emulators. Here is his website, which also contains a list of emulators he has worked on. Quite impressive ;)

Compatibility: Solid, I haven't noticed any issues with it at all :) There is no exit option, however. Thankfully, force exit works ;)

Performance: Well, it is the Sega Master System. Performance is pretty much perfect IMO.

Features:

-Screen Size Adjustment
-Autofire Toggles
-Frameskip
-Show FPS
-Can Load ROM's From ZIP files
-Can Load ROM's From Any Directory
-Rewind Mode For Up To 20 Seconds Back In Time
-Custom Key Mappings
-Save States

GBA Emulators (Recommended: GPSP Kai v3.4)

GPSP Kai v3.4 Test 3 Build 152

Download (All files set up and ready to use on your PSP, except the BIOS and ROMS, also includes an updated game_config.txt from TragicTheBlubbering, a cleaner english.msg with corrected button prompts in the menu by yours truly, and the save state button prompt fixes by tronpsp): MediaFire

Overall Rating: 9.5/10 (Exits to HBL Menu, you can now run other homebrews after it, just don't try loading it twice in a row :))

[spoiler]Information: This is the latest alpha revision of GPSP on Takka's SVN. The only thing newer than this is GPSP-J, and the differences between the two are minimal. A pre-compiled version is provided with the download, but you can get the source here.

Compatibility: You can now exit to HBL Menu and run other homebrews after it from R109 onwards. Just don't try to load GPSP again right after exiting it ;) Ad-Hoc has been removed in this version of the emulator (small loss). The HOME button is actually hooked in this emulator, pressing it will bring you to the menu! I have no idea how it's working, but it is...since R99, I haven't encountered the issue of crashing on exiting a 16MB ROM to the ROM list, so go enjoy your games, back to back!

Performance: Much better than 3.2. Games like Pokemon FireRed and Metroid run full speed without frameskip now, among soooooooo many others. I know your itching to hit the dl link now, so just install it and come back later, okay? k, now your back. You can now go into sleep mode and resume without any problems as well! This build is very stable for an alpha, huh? ;)

Features:
-Save States
-Frameskip (Auto Frameskip works correctly in this GPSP btw)
-Custom Key Mappings
-Sound Toggling
-Support For Game-Specific Configuration Settings
-Screenshots
-Other Miscellaneous Options

Credits: Much thanks to TragicTheBlubbering for finding Takka's SVN :D[/spoiler]

GPSP v0.9 HEN-D

Download: Exophase

Overall Rating: 10/10 (No more crashes on exit as of R109)

[spoiler]Information: Ahh...the last GPSP release of its original developer, Exophase. The man deserves respect. Most of the core work was taken care of by him, so before Takka, thank Exophase that you can emulate GBA so well on your PSP.

Compatibility: Everything works fine. Exiting and reloading is also fine.

Performance: This is definetely the most "stable" release. You can just feel it. However, a good deal of compatibility was added in the Takka releases (though most of it might have been game_config.txt updates, I don't really know), so this is not a replacement for 3.4. I do recommend you keep it on your memory stick, and while your at it, replace the game_config.txt with the one provided with GPSP Kai 3.4 for extra compatibility.

Features:
-Save States
-Frameskip
-Custom Key Mappings
-Sound Toggling
-Screenshots
-etc.[/spoiler]

GPSP Kai v3.2 Test 04

Download: DCEmu - Must Register To Download

Overall Rating: 9/10 (Exits to HBL menu and can run other homebrews after it :) )

[spoiler]Information: Continuation of the original gpSP project by Takka. Was the best GBA emulator available for HBL before GPSP Kai v3.4.

Compatibility: Exit to HBL Menu successfully, you can run other homebrews after it as well as of R109 . Exit to XMB works. AdHoc is now working perfectly on R96. Most users who can't get this working have to acquire a gba_bios.bin. It is 16kb and you must put it in the gpSP folder for it to run.

Performance: Varied. Mostly good at 333mhz(default). Can successfully enter and resume sleep/suspend if you go to the ROM list first. If you try to suspend while playing a game, it'll crash shortly after resuming.

Features:
-Save States
-Frameskip
-Custom Key Mappings
-Sound Toggling
-Screenshots
-etc.[/spoiler]

GPSP-J 100429

Overall Rating: 7/10 (Crashes when going to emulator menu, not full screen by default :cry: )

[spoiler]Information: Continuation of gpSP Kai buy an unknown Japanese coder. Much better than gpSP Kai, when its compatibility is resolved with HBL.

Compatibility: Can exit to HBL Menu, but only if you use force exit. Going to the GPSP menu returns an error, which then crashes the PSP after you press a button. Not worth using yet, stick with v3.2 test 04. Requires gba_bios.bin.

Performance: The way it is now, not good. Once some fixes are made for HBL (hope the coder comes out of hiding), this is the best GBA emulator you can use on PSP :) No idea if it supports sleep/suspend, reports please :)

Features:
-Save States
-Frameskip
-Sound Toggling
-Custom Key Mappings
-Screenshots
-etc.[/spoiler]

DS Emulators (Recommended: DSONPSP)

DSONPSP Beta 6

Overall Rating: 7/10 (There's only so far you can go trying to emulate DS on PSP :()

[spoiler]Information: Developed by Yoshihiro (yeah you know him), this is a rather noble undertaking, however it hasn't been updated in a long time...

Compatibility: Conflicting reports, but I know this much: it works. Can someone post a report on this for me to add?

Performance: Not really good. I've heard some games can run well, but nothing complex for sure.

Features:
-Save States
-?
-?
-etc.[/spoiler]

Sega Genesis/32X/Sega CD Emulators (Recommended: Picodrive)

Picodrive v1.51

Alternate Download: PSPSlimHacks

Overall Rating: 9/10 (You can't use MP3's for Sega CD games, use BIN/CUE files instead for those)

[spoiler]Information: Picodrive is developed by Notaz and is universally hailed as the best Sega Genesis emulator for PSP.

Compatibility: As of rev95, sound at 44khz is working perfectly. Using a value lower than this will make the sound buggy. Exiting to HBL Menu = A-OK.

Performance: Works perfect at 333mhz. Sleep and Suspend mode work perfectly ;)

Features:
-Sega 32X/Sega CD Emulation
-Save States
-Custom Key Mappings
-Frameskip
-Sound Toggling
-Sound Frequency Toggling
-Custom Backgrounds
-Custom Menu Cursor
-etc.[/spoiler]

PC Engine (TurboGraphx16) Emulators (Recommended: PCE For PSP

PCE For PSP v0.83D6

Downloads: QJ

Overall Rating: 10/10 (Temporary, everything seems to be fine)

[spoiler]Information: This is a PC Engine (Turbographx16) Emulator made by an anonymous coder.

Compatibility: Perfect. Exit to HBL Menu/XMB = A-OK :)

Performance: Good from a quick test. I could use a report for this, though.

Features: Reports for this too :D[/spoiler]

Capcom Play System Emulators

CPS1PSP 2.0.6

[spoiler]Information: Originally made by NJ, ported to 3.xx firmwares by AhMan, the best Capcom Play System 1 emulator for the PSP.

Compatibility: Perfect. Exits to HBL Menu/XMB. Just press Start+Select to access the menu and exit from there.

Performance: Full speed with sound! If anyone can tell me if sleep/suspend mode works for this emulator, I'd greatly appreciate it :)

Features:
-Report please, haven't checked yet :)[/spoiler]

CPS2PSP 2.0.6

[spoiler]Information: Originally made by NJ, ported to 3.xx firmwares by AhMan, the best Capcom Play System 2 emulator for PSP.

Compatibility: Perfect. Exits to HBL Menu/XMB. Just press Start+Select to access the menu and exit from there.

Performance: Full speed with sound! If anyone can tell me if Sleep/Suspend mode works for this emulator, I'd greatly appreciate it :)

Features:
-Report please, haven't gotten to checking yet :)

Credits: Shadowjesse626 for the report :)[/spoiler]

MSX Emulators (Recommended: fMSX)

fMSX 3.5.41

Alternate Download: DCEmu - Must Register To Download

Overall Rating: 9/10 (No exit option :()

[spoiler]Information: Another emulator coded by our main man Akop. This is an emulator for the MSX Home Computer, to be used on our Sony PSP :)

Compatibility: Solid, no issues noticed on my side :) However, there is no exit button :(. Force exit works fine though ;)

Performance: Perfect as far as I can see ;)

Features:
-Loads ROM's From ZIP files
-Virtual Keyboard
-Custom Key Mappings
-Screen Size Adjustment
-Show FPS
-Screenshots
-Save States
-Turbo Mode

CollecoVision Emulators (Recommended: ColEm PSP)

ColEm PSP 2.6.1

Overall Rating: 9/10 (Lack Of An Exit Button :|)

[spoiler]Information: And here is ANOTHER emulator coded by Akop, this time it's an emulator for the ColecoVision.

Compatibility: Seems perfect to me. Of course, the lack of an exit button prevents a better score :(

Performance: Perfect as far as I can tell, I didn't spend much time testing.

Features:
-Custom Key Mappings
-Screen Size Adjustment
-Show FPS
-Screenshots
-Save States
-Turbo Mode

NeoGeo Pocket/NeoGeo Pocket Color Emulators (Recommended: RACE! PSP)

NeoPop PSP 0.71.15

Overall Rating: 7/10 (No Exit Option, Performance :|)

[spoiler]Information: Another emulator made by Akop, this one emulates the NeoGeo Pocket and NeoGeo Pocket Color Systems.

Compatibility: No exit options, force exit works.

Performance: Decent, but not playable IMO.

Features:
-Custom Key Mappings
-Screen Size Adjustment
-Show FPS
-Screenshots
-Save States
-Turbo Mode

RACE! PSP 2.16

Overall Rating: 8/10 (No Exit Option :|)

[spoiler]Information: Another emulator made by Akop, this one emulates the NeoGeo Pocket and NeoGeo Pocket Color Systems.

Compatibility: No exit option, force exit works.

Performance: Good. Definitely better than NeoPop PSP.

Features:
-Custom Key Mappings
-Screen Size Adjustment
-Show FPS
-Screenshots
-Save States
-Turbo Mode

Amstrad CPC Emulators (Recommended: Caprice32 PSP)

Caprice32 PSP 4.2.0.2

[spoiler]Information: Another emulator made by Akop, this one emulates the Amstrad CPC.

Performance: Seems good.

Features:
-Custom Key Mappings
-Screen Size Adjustment
-Show FPS
-Screenshots
-Save States
-Turbo Mode

Sinclair Spectrum Emulators (Recommended: Fuse PSP)

Fuse PSP 0.10.0.21

[spoiler]Information: Another emulator made by Akop, this one emulates the Sinclair Spectrum.

Performance: Seems good.

Features:
-Custom Key Mappings
-Screen Size Adjustment
-Show FPS
-Screenshots
-Save States
-Turbo Mode

Atari 2600 Emulators (Recommended: PSP2600)

PSP2600 1.2.0

[spoiler]Information: Developed by Zx-81, PSP2600 is a port of the Stella project for the PSP, with revamps to the presentation.

Compatibility: Perfect. Sleep/Resume work perfectly. Exit to HBL Menu/XMB = A-OK :)

Performance: Pretty much flawless. Runs pretty much everything you can throw at it perfectly. This emulator has a rich feature set including custom key mappings, a cheat engine, save states, and lots of configuration settings to mess with (though they're not necessary to ever use). You'll love this emulator, and the games are extremely small to boot (thorwak informs me that an 1800 game dump only takes up 7MB :lol:

Features
-Custom Key Mappings
-Cheats
-Save States
-Frameskip
-etc.

Credits: thorwak for the report and download links (though I chose to use a QJ one :) )[/spoiler]

Atari 800 Emulators (Recommended: Atari800)

Atari800 2.1.0.1

Overall Rating: 9/10 (No Exit Option :|)

[spoiler]Information: ANOTHER emulator made by Akop. The guy means business ;)

Compatibility: Perfect as far as I know. Lack of an exit feature does sting, though.

Performance: Seems good to me.

Features:
-Custom Key Mappings
-Screen Size Adjustment
-Show FPS
-Screenshots
-Save States
-Turbo Mode

Atari Lynx Emulators (Recommended: Handy PSP)

Handy PSP 0.95.1

Overall Rating: 9/10 (No Exit Option :|)

[spoiler]Information: Another emulator coded by Akop, this time to emulate the Atari Lynx.

Compatibility: No exit option, but force exit works. Everything else is fine compatibility-wise.

Performance: Pretty good.

Features:
-Custom Key Mappings
-Screen Size Adjustment
-Show FPS
-Screenshots
-Save States
-Turbo Mode

MAME Emulators (Recommended: PSPMAMEFORALL)

PSPMAMEFORALL v4.9R2 Hi-Res

More Information: TTYMan

Download: TTYMan

Overall Rating: 7/10 (Noticable issues, but overall a good experience)

[spoiler]Information: The MAME Emulator is essentially an Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. It is used to emulate arcade machines. Hope that's cleared up now. Anyhow make sure to use the clrmame.dat file included in the zip, it's essentially a compatibility list. You must have the version of the game dump that is specified by this file. However, thorwak reports that not every game cleared by this file will work, it is a good reference though.

Compatibility: Seems perfect. Exits to HBL Menu just fine, and goes into suspend/resume mode perfectly as well.

Performance: Most games run acceptably, but there are noticeable audio gitches in certain games. Older games such as Galaga should run well though. Plenty of options to tweak/improve the performance of the emulator.

Features:
-Frameskip
-Video Options
-Sound Options
-Modify PSP Clock Speed
-Game DIP Switch Options
-Custom Controller Configurations

Credits: All to thorwak, one of the most beneficial users on this forum :lol:

Note from thorwak:

(MAME4ALL v4.9r2 is based on the MAME 0.53 codebase if I understand correctly. It would probably be worthwhile to check out PSPMame r0.6 since it's based on MAME 0.97.
QJ
There are other MAME ports as well. Please feel free to help testing and give reports to improve this great list of working emus!)

/Note from thorwak

So yeah, if you find other working versions of MAME, report it to me! :)[/spoiler]

C64 Emulators (Recommended: VICE PSP)

VICE PSP (C64 Emulator)

Download thorwak's Mod: RapidShare

Overall Rating: 9/10 (Exits using force exit as of R97)

[spoiler]Information: Made by Akop, VICE PSP is the definitive C64 emulator for the PSP .

Compatibility: Seems to work good from the report. Full speed on almost every game. Couldn't find an exit button, and attempting to shut down the PSP results in a crash. Using force exit allows it to exit successfully to HBL Menu/XMB, however. thorwak's mod adds some slight speed ups to the emulator, though there's still no way to exit besides using force exit.

Performance: Very good. Not too many settings to play around with though. Sleep/Suspend work perfectly, thanks to thorwak for the report :)

Features:
-Frameskip
-True Drive Emulation Toggling
-Custom Key Mappings
-Other Miscellaneous Options :)

Credits: Thanks to thorwak for the report (and more reports for the force exit) and the mod! :)[/spoiler]
Advertising
Last edited by Metroid_III on Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:23 am, edited 13 times in total.
Metroid_III

Re: Working emunalators and known issues

Post by Metroid_III »

I appreciate you posting my topic, but I have it fully backed up (you missed alot of emulators). Also GPSP 3.4 is better than 0.9, 0.9 is just more stable. Anyway, I can post my full topic back here. As long as you don't mind :)

Oh and you could of gave me credit for this topic somewhere :evil:
Advertising
JJS
Big Beholder

Post by JJS »

Metroid_III, if you will continue maintaining this topic it would be great. I will change the OP to be your post so that you can make any edits you need.

Beecher, and anyone else reposting topics from advancedpsp.tk, please indicate the original author of the post. Also I recommend contacting the original poster to learn if he intends to repost the topic himself. Especially when dealing with ongoing threads.
Beecher

Post by Beecher »

Oh and metriod_III I recovered this post from here
http://elitepspgamerz.forummotion.com/e ... rs-t31.htm
RedCloud

Post by RedCloud »

Great to see the emulation thread again! I missed it... lol
If there's one thing i know, it's DaedalusX64. If your having any trouble running daedalusX64 on hbl or TN's HEN, feel free to pm me with any questions you may have.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

could "emulators" be correctly spelled, or is it a play on words I'm not getting? :lol:
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
Omnija

Post by Omnija »

lol i don't think so, i think they where just over Joice and excited to post ****, also i have the correction gpsp kay 3.4 with the corrected buttons menu. not sure if anyone posed it but if nobody hasn't lemme know'
TragicTheBlubbering

Re: Working Emulators And Known Issues With Emulators

Post by TragicTheBlubbering »

Here is my mediafire link with the corrected gpspkai eboot, and english.msg file which was the link from aPSP.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?10iw5am5242
Last edited by TragicTheBlubbering on Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
R.I.P Leonard Nimoy, the original Mr. Spock. He lived long and prospered. :cry:
---------------
[spoiler]Paridae or gtfo! 8-)
---------------
i was wondering if there anyway to mod the ps3 so i can play ps3 game ??
[/spoiler]
---------------
Metroid_III

Post by Metroid_III »

Topic is now actively being maintained :)
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Thanks a lot for this in-depth information :)
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!

Return to “Emulation”