Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] vitaRTCW - Return to Castle Wolfenstein port

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Kuro9712

Re: [RELEASE] vitaRTCW - Return to Castle Wolfenstein port

Post by Kuro9712 »

you're right, there was a save called cutscene6, I just didn't notice it because of how the autosaves are sorted by default, sorry.
Thanks for the quick fix, though, and thanks for actually making this awesome port come true, I've been wanting to replay RTCW for like the past 10 years, but I don't play on PC much(more like I DON'T play on PC. I've recently finished a game I started in 2015, and it's shortcut was just there on the desktop, but I didn't touch it), so a PORTABLE console version is just the perfect thing for me.
Advertising
Kuro9712

Post by Kuro9712 »

Mission 3 part 2 has a place where the game would suddenly drop FPS really low, sound starts giving out strange noises, leading to an inevitable crash.
Didn't manage to clear that yet.

Update: ok, turns out the FPSes are only low if you look in one direction, so by looking into a different direction and some suffering, I managed to bypass it.
Update2:But part 3 crashes the same way, and I don't think I'll be able to bypass that under the circumstances it starts with...
Update3: yeah, that's not bypassable, as it WILL crash no matter what when you exit the duct.
Advertising
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Regarding the crash spot, can you send me a save near it so i can check what causes the crash?
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
IlDucci

Post by IlDucci »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:31 am
IlDucci wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:08 pm Teeny tiny nitpick: Is it possible to enlarge the opening FMV so the proper aspect ratio is followed?
That's how iortcw works, so not possible.
Too bad. I wished menus and UI could be streteched around to be 16:9 compatible... Heck, I even thought on the chance of doing something silly, like converting the JPG/TGA textures to 4/8bpp texs, like in PSP (I thought Vita had support for these).

Well, about gameplay itself, I tested the pre-memleak eboot and the game kinda looked like the same. It even crashed again after doing a new game, going through the first cutscene and the first playable level, with the same error (VM_Create on cgame failed). I've pasted the new eboot, risked loading the previous saved game (I saved right in the Mission Stats part of the level) and this time it loaded nicely.

Also, the Z-Fighting in texts and the intro is still around.

EDIT: Oh, something that I don't know if it was done on purpose: It seems you have left a language.cfg file in the data files, which override some of the localized lines into Italian.
Kuro9712

Post by Kuro9712 »

sent the pre-crash save.
sry, couldn't do it earlier, had work to do.
jedi23

Post by jedi23 »

The game doesn't start. After a few seconds, I get back to the home screen. My .pk3 files are from the steam release. Copied the data files and followed the how to install instructions. So everything should be fine, maybe the devil's just in the detail.
Any suggestions appreciated.
tehnasty

Post by tehnasty »

The FPS comes and goes it seems like. Sometimes when I load from a save it's really high and works perfectly and then over the course of playing it gets worse. Ive gotten my game to work with minimal bugs and almost no crashes. I used GoG files for the package files FYI. I boot the game, after about 20-30 seconds the logo shows and then you can skip with start. I've noticed that the game will crash if you have been playing too long and beat the level. It will never load the next one and give you some V-cmakegame error or something. I found out that if you quick save right before beating a level, then exit the whole game. Re-launch it, load the save, and then beat the level, it has seemly loaded the level every time.

Other than the dips in FPS and what not, I've always wanted to play this game and this port is getting me too. I was super surprised by game play and am really enjoying this game. I appreciate all the time and effort put into it!
Blob

Post by Blob »

Hey all I need help pls
So I had download Wolfenstein for the psvita and it works fine however whenever I do reach level 2 it always give me an error any ideas please? But it is still great that I can play it on the go
kingcrimson1920

Post by kingcrimson1920 »

nev version possible? still hard to play without possible sniper shot with zoom
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

vitaRTCW v.0.3 released!

Changelog:
- Fixed a memleak in dynamic libraries loader.
- Optimized renderer code in terms of used memory and performances.
- Fixed a bug causing renderer to alloc more memory than it requires.
- Great performances boost thanks to vitaGL fixes.
- Improved netcode IP resolution code.
- Reduced multiplayer executable size and slightly optimized it.

Credits:
Thanks for their awesome support on Patreon to:
- Tain Sueiras
- drd7of14
- polytoad
- The Vita3K project
- Dieter B
- Creckeryop
- Wiesee
- The Libretro Team
- Mark Vdovychenko
- Mored4u