Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] vitaRTCW - Return to Castle Wolfenstein port

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Rinnegatamante
VIP

[RELEASE] vitaRTCW - Return to Castle Wolfenstein port

Post by Rinnegatamante »

vitaRTCW v.0.2

A port of Return to Castle Wolfenstein for PSVITA/PSTV based on iortcw.
World War II rages and nations fall. SS head Himmler has Hitler's full backing to twist science and the occult into an army capable of annihilating the Allies once and for all. Battling alone, you're on an intense mission to pierce the black heart of the Third Reich and stop Himmler -- or die trying. Fighting in advanced team-based multiplayer mode, you'll wage your own WWII in an all-out Axis vs. Allies contest for frontline domination.
Powered by the Quake III Arena engine, the Wolfenstein universe explodes with the kind of epic environments, A.I., firepower and cinematic effects that only a game created by true masters can deliver. The dark reich's closing in. The time to act is now. Evil prevails when good men do nothing.

Controls:

Cross = Jump
Square = Reload
Circle = Open doors/Activate objects
Triangle = Change weapon
L Trigger = Aim/Use Binocular
R Trigger = Shoot
Left Analog/DPad Arrows = Move player
Right Analog = Aim
Touch = Precision Aim

How to install:
- Install the vpk and data files (if manually installing data files, extract the zip folder in ux0:data)
- Move pak0.pk3, sp_pak1.pk3 and sp_pak2.pk3 and all the mp_*.pk3 files from your RTCW files (Tested with Steam data files) to ux0:data/iortcw/main.
- [OPTIONAL] If you want to install translations in Italian/French/Spanish/German, grab the relative files from here: https://github.com/iortcw/iortcw/releases/tag/1.51c and overwrite all files in ux0:data/iortcw/main.

Notes:

vitaRTCW is still extremely experimental:
- Framerate is unstable, in certain circumstances it can even drop drastically.
- Multiplayer build is extremely experimental: expect crashes, maps not loading and issues when joining some servers.
- Savegames can't be named (meaning you can have only a single savefile unless you manually rename your save file and overwrite it later).
- It has not completely tested (only first level got fully played, meaning later in the game, crashes may occur, if it happens, report them here or on GitHub with coredump attachment and possibly a save file to fastly reproduce the issue.

Resolution:

The engine (idTech 3) has been ported through vitaGL and is fully compatible with all supported PSVITA resolutions the same as vitaQuakeIII.
By default, vitaRTCW will run at 640x368 resolution! This is cause it's a little slower than PSP resolution but makes texts readable.
If you don't mind about texts and want the best framerate possible, you can switch to 480x272 or if you want better graphics at the cost of lower framerate, you can switch to 720x408 or 960x544.
To do so, edit in wolfconfig.cfg the r_mode value as follow:
0 = 480x272
1 = 640x368
2 = 720x408
3 = 960x544
Regardless of the resolution you'll play on, vitaRTCW will run with MSAA 4x!

Credits:
Ch3lin for the awesome livearea assets
iortcw developers (especially MAN-AT-ARMS) for the awesome work done and the help given during QVMs implementation
All my Patreon supporters:
  • Tain Sueiras
  • The Vita3K project
  • RaveHeart
  • Mored1984
  • Dieter B
  • ArkaniteOnVita
  • Count Duckula
  • rsn8887
  • T33Hud
  • Andyways
  • Daniel Krusenbaum
  • DiDoSvK
  • Elwood Blues
  • Thomas Würgler
  • GregoryRasputin
  • Demodex
  • styroteqe
  • Eduardo Minguez
  • Artūrs Lubāns
  • Samuel Batista
  • suLac4ever
  • BOBdotEXE
  • Troy Murray
  • Jared Breland
  • Daniel
  • Lars Zondervan
  • gnmmarechal
  • Yakara
  • Pirloui
  • PSX-Place.com
  • 2Mourty
  • Gelson Silva

Links:

- More info + Download: http://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/459
- Sourcecode: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/vitaRTCW/
Advertising
Last edited by Rinnegatamante on Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
ali_ihsan21

Re: [RELEASE] vitaRTCW - Return to Castle Wolfenstein port

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

Game running fine on my pc but I have 2 pak files pak0 and sp_pak when I transfer them to Vita Im getting a C2-12828-1 error.
Advertising
PSP-1000 6.20 16 GB Pro C-2
PSP-go 6.20 32 GB LME 2.3 White
PSP-go 6.60 24 GB Pro C-2 / LME 2.3 Black
PS Vita Slim 8 GB 3.60 Henkaku
PS TV 3.60 Henkaku 1 TB Samsung Story
Thank you RepRep, Total_Noob, Suloku, Omega2058, TheFlow
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

ali_ihsan21 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:13 pm Game running fine on my pc but I have 2 pak files pak0 and sp_pak when I transfer them to Vita Im getting a C2-12828-1 error.
I've tested Steam data files, can't say if GOG or other data files have all the required files.
I've put a screenshot of my data files in attachment.
Attachments
wolfenstein.png
wolfenstein.png (224.86 KiB) Viewed 57228 times
astuermer

Post by astuermer »

Hi!

Tried it yesterday, looks pretty good on the Vita :)
I loved this game in the past!

Switching to the lowest resolution has no significant impact on framerate for me...
I also tried with some ingame settings...
* Dynamic lights: works, framerate just drops 2 fps
* Light map vertex: Graphics looks poor, but not really faster

What I noticed so far (I know it's an alpha)...
* Intro is just black with sound
* The sky is somehow distorted (see screenshots). When activating "draw portal skies" some graphics are over each other.

Keep up the good work!
Attachments
Inside with "Portal Skies" set to ON (outside scenery and inside interior are mixed up)
Inside with "Portal Skies" set to ON (outside scenery and inside interior are mixed up)
Inside-PortalSkiesOn.jpg (85.14 KiB) Viewed 56713 times
Outside with "Portal Skies" set to ON
Outside with "Portal Skies" set to ON
Outside-PortalSkiesOn.jpg (82.45 KiB) Viewed 56716 times
Outside with "Portal Skies" set to OFF
Outside with "Portal Skies" set to OFF
Outside-PortalSkiesOff.jpg (71.03 KiB) Viewed 56716 times
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

The skybox issue is caused by fogging being turned off. Skybox being rendered that way is normal in classic RTCW too but is "masked" by fogging.
To implement fogging, i should move to custom shaders to not branch even more vitaGL standard shaders (with subsequent performance degradation).
As for the intro, you're right, i forgot to mention it in the Note section (i will). I tried to fix it but without luck (kinda strange since the code is 1:1 the same of vitaQuakeIII idSoftware logo cutscene at boot...)
As for portals, they're disabled (even in vitaQuakeIII if you take a look) due to some features being required to have it properly working not yet implemented in vitaGL.
IlDucci

Post by IlDucci »

Good evening, newbie on the forums here. Congratulations on another great port!

I've tested it with the CD version of the Gold Edition, with Spanish text & voices installed. I've only played the first playable level (I got killed), and the only gripe I have is related to decals and ingame interface items, they seem to clash a bit.

Also, is there any big performance improvements that can be obtained by removing AA?
Attachments
2019-04-18-013025.jpg
2019-04-18-013025.jpg (45.5 KiB) Viewed 56587 times
2019-04-18-012312.jpg
2019-04-18-012312.jpg (62.57 KiB) Viewed 56587 times
2019-04-18-012229.jpg
2019-04-18-012229.jpg (22.31 KiB) Viewed 56587 times
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

IlDucci wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:40 am Good evening, newbie on the forums here. Congratulations on another great port!

I've tested it with the CD version of the Gold Edition, with Spanish text & voices installed. I've only played the first playable level (I got killed), and the only gripe I have is related to decals and ingame interface items, they seem to clash a bit.

Also, is there any big performance improvements that can be obtained by removing AA?
In game items quality can be improved by increasing resolution (at the cost of framerate). With future updates i hope to be able to improve renderer optimization at the point that native resolution can be used without having a terrible framerate.
As for antialiasing, turning it off causes literally 0 framerate impact due to MSAA being made on chip.
IlDucci

Post by IlDucci »

Gotcha. Status update: After beating the first playable level, seeing the stats, walking towards the next loading screen... The game sent me back to the main menu with this error: VM_Create on cgame failed.
astuermer

Post by astuermer »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:18 am The skybox issue is caused by fogging being turned off. Skybox being rendered that way is normal in classic RTCW too but is "masked" by fogging.
To implement fogging, i should move to custom shaders to not branch even more vitaGL standard shaders (with subsequent performance degradation).
As for the intro, you're right, i forgot to mention it in the Note section (i will). I tried to fix it but without luck (kinda strange since the code is 1:1 the same of vitaQuakeIII idSoftware logo cutscene at boot...)
As for portals, they're disabled (even in vitaQuakeIII if you take a look) due to some features being required to have it properly working not yet implemented in vitaGL.
Regarding the intro... from what I can remember from an old laptop of mine and some internet threads it was a problem with Glide wrappers. Black screen but sound - intro can also be interrupted by pressing X.
IlDucci wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:21 am Gotcha. Status update: After beating the first playable level, seeing the stats, walking towards the next loading screen... The game sent me back to the main menu with this error: VM_Create on cgame failed.
Can't confirm that, second level working without problems after finishing first level.
I am using the .pak files from the Steam version.
Also I used the german sp_pak3.pk3 instead of the linked file from the first post (it's a few kilobytes bigger).
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

astuermer wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:38 am
Rinnegatamante wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:18 am The skybox issue is caused by fogging being turned off. Skybox being rendered that way is normal in classic RTCW too but is "masked" by fogging.
Regarding the intro... from what I can remember from an old laptop of mine and some internet threads it was a problem with Glide wrappers. Black screen but sound - intro can also be interrupted by pressing X.
IlDucci wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:21 am Gotcha. Status update: After beating the first playable level, seeing the stats, walking towards the next loading screen... The game sent me back to the main menu with this error: VM_Create on cgame failed.
Can't confirm that, second level working without problems after finishing first level.
I am using the .pak files from the Steam version.
Also I used the german sp_pak3.pk3 instead of the linked file from the first post (it's a few kilobytes bigger).
Usually that error happens when the engine runs out of mem (it can happen if you, for example, load a new game, exit back to main menu and try to start a brand new game. It seems like engine doesn't fully clean texture cache causing this issue). However i didn't have any problem moving to second level with Steam data files.

Return to “HENkaku”