Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] vitaRTCW - Return to Castle Wolfenstein port

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
aurelios69

Re: [RELEASE] vitaRTCW - Return to Castle Wolfenstein port

Post by aurelios69 »

Many thanks for this port.
Thanks for keeping psvita alive, even Sony couldn't do it...
Advertising
astuermer

Post by astuermer »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:12 pm Usually that error happens when the engine runs out of mem (it can happen if you, for example, load a new game, exit back to main menu and try to start a brand new game. It seems like engine doesn't fully clean texture cache causing this issue). However i didn't have any problem moving to second level with Steam data files.
I successfully completed the second level without errors, only lags with 10 fps or even lower.
Interesting, that most of the time those lags were in areas with no enemies or even complex buildings...

But when loading level 3 it kicks me back to the Vita home menu with an error (after the briefing screen).
C2-12828-1 (with a dump file at psp2core-1555594348-0x0000dd3e43-eboot.bin.psp2dmp)

Also interesting, switching between the resolutions (mode=0 or mode=3) only has impact on 1-2 fps.
mode=3 was 12 fps
mode=0 was flipping between 13/14 fps
Advertising
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Can you send me a save near level 2 end so i can check the coredump?
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
astuermer

Post by astuermer »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:44 pm Can you send me a save near level 2 end so i can check the coredump?
Find it attached, you just have to run downstairs...
Attachments
rtcw-savegame.zip
(137.41 KiB) Downloaded 598 times
dydel

Post by dydel »

astuermer wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:48 pm But when loading level 3 it kicks me back to the Vita home menu with an error (after the briefing screen).
C2-12828-1 (with a dump file )
Hey. Also in my game i have crash in the same place as you.

I noticed that when loading the third level, instead of the progress bar, there is a message "please wait" -> crash
Smoker1

Post by Smoker1 »

@Rinnegatamante - Will this have a Uniqe TitleID, or will it be a proper type one like PCSE99999 ? I notice some Cheat Engines only work on Games that have PCSx in the TitleID, and do not support Homebrew Games
PS3(BC60GB): 4.65 Rebug CFW
PSP 3000 (03g): 6.20 PRO-C2 (128GB->MicroSD Adapter)
Vita: 3.65 Enso HENkaku - Vita(3G) 400GB+SD2Vita (256GB)
N3DS XL : 11.8 Luma3DS
GPD XD1 (64GB) Rooted
GPD Win1
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Smoker1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:15 am @Rinnegatamante - Will this have a Uniqe TitleID, or will it be a proper type one like PCSE99999 ? I notice some Cheat Engines only work on Games that have PCSx in the TitleID, and do not support Homebrew Games
RTCW00001
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

astuermer wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:59 pm
Rinnegatamante wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:44 pm Can you send me a save near level 2 end so i can check the coredump?
Find it attached, you just have to run downstairs...
It seems to be an issue related to some jpg file loading. Can you check if loading the save on PC iortcw, progressing till level start, taking a save and then loading it on Vita fixes the crash?
astuermer

Post by astuermer »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:49 pm It seems to be an issue related to some jpg file loading. Can you check if loading the save on PC iortcw, progressing till level start, taking a save and then loading it on Vita fixes the crash?
Hmm, then this happens...
rtcw-error.jpg
rtcw-error.jpg (84.67 KiB) Viewed 15898 times
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

astuermer wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:03 pm
Rinnegatamante wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:49 pm It seems to be an issue related to some jpg file loading. Can you check if loading the save on PC iortcw, progressing till level start, taking a save and then loading it on Vita fixes the crash?
Hmm, then this happens...rtcw-error.jpg
I've successfully progressed on PC, that's strange... (i used original RTCW executable however and not iortcw one). Loading the save after the level loaded worked fine on vitaRTCW (the issue is related to RAM usage most likely on vitaRTCW. I'm trying to reduce the amount of RAM used by vitaGL but without any luck for now).

Return to “HENkaku”