Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Release] Blake Stone for Vita

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
rsn8887

Re: [Release] Blake Stone for Vita

Post by rsn8887 »

Thank you for this great port! I love the use of touch control for the elevator buttons ;)
Advertising
01y

Post by 01y »

I added a poll to this topic in order to gauge what people's preferences are for controls.
CountDuckula wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:02 pm Am I able to swap the square (use) and L (show map/stats) buttons? Not sure how to do so via the config file.
Does that feel comfortable though? It would encourage players to grip the controller tightly, possibly feeling a bit awkward if you have big hands and a Slim model.
rsn8887 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:11 pm Thank you for this great port! I love the use of touch control for the elevator buttons ;)
Thanks. I think that part turned out to be "fun" in and of itself.
Advertising
Disco

Post by Disco »

Could You also make use of 444mhz by default on PSTV?
Or as an option so we can choose?
CountDuckula

Post by CountDuckula »

01y wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:17 pm I added a poll to this topic in order to gauge what people's preferences are for controls.
CountDuckula wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:02 pm Am I able to swap the square (use) and L (show map/stats) buttons? Not sure how to do so via the config file.
Does that feel comfortable though? It would encourage players to grip the controller tightly, possibly feeling a bit awkward if you have big hands and a Slim model.
I find it comfortable myself, cant speak for others.
I use 'open' a lot more than 'map' and with this binding I barely ever have to take my thumbs off the analogue sticks :)
MAN-biker

Post by MAN-biker »

THANK YOU!

By the way, is it possible to make some sort of "game-data switcher" app or data setector (AoG or PS).
I want to have BOTH games at one time on my PSVITA, but I don't want to use PC or Vita-Shell to (re)move .VSI or .BS6 files in DATA\BSTONE folder.
May be 2 launchers or 2 data-folders "bstone.AoM" and "bstone.PS" (for example) or AoM/PS subfolders in "bstone" folder.
01y

Post by 01y »

So, new version out, decided to declare it to be a "release". Big performance improvement, it now feels really smooth FPS usually about 43-47. Never seen it go below 33. Let me know if you can find a static scene where the FPS is < 33, as a challenge. Added a new survey about the controls. See the OP for more info and dl links on v0.2.
Disco wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:04 pm Could You also make use of 444mhz by default on PSTV?
Don't have a PSTV to test, but it ought to be 444 already. Are you sure it wasn't?
Disco

Post by Disco »

01y wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:57 pm So, new version out, decided to declare it to be a "release". Big performance improvement, it now feels really smooth FPS usually about 43-47. Never seen it go below 33. Let me know if you can find a static scene where the FPS is < 33, as a challenge. Added a new survey about the controls. See the OP for more info and dl links on v0.2.
Disco wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:04 pm Could You also make use of 444mhz by default on PSTV?
Don't have a PSTV to test, but it ought to be 444 already. Are you sure it wasn't?
No, I don't know how to check that.
I thought you said that you use lower clock to make battery last longer on vita.
HitmanSchwarz

Post by HitmanSchwarz »

Thanks so much for the release...I think Blake Stone is the most played game... since Enso is on my system. With music the game is crashing a lot, but without the music, it's a good experience.

There are three bugs....
1: I save everytime, after I use the elevator and reach a new floor. For every mission I use one save slot. Unfortunately, the save files are often corrupt. Even without music in v.02. It seams to happen randomly. If I load a save game the game crashes or it reports, there is a unsupported save file.

2: If I use the home button.. and return to the game, the map becomes graphic glitches and then the game crashes if I choose a different floor in the elevator.

3: The game can't be finished. In mission 6, floor 6 there is a door bug. A door after I used the blue key.. needs a yellow key. Unfortunately, the yellow key was used to become the blue key. After I looked on YouTube, I used DOSBox an cheats to come to this point. On PC the door has green lights and can be opened.. on Vita it has red lights and reports, I need the yellow key.

PS: Sorry for my bad english... ;)
01y

Post by 01y »

HitmanSchwarz wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:29 pm Thanks so much for the release...I think Blake Stone is the most played game... since Enso is on my system. With music the game is crashing a lot, but without the music, it's a good experience.

There are three bugs....
1: I save everytime, after I use the elevator and reach a new floor. For every mission I use one save slot. Unfortunately, the save files are often corrupt. Even without music in v.02. It seams to happen randomly. If I load a save game the game crashes or it reports, there is a unsupported save file.

2: If I use the home button.. and return to the game, the map becomes graphic glitches and then the game crashes if I choose a different floor in the elevator.

3: The game can't be finished. In mission 6, floor 6 there is a door bug. A door after I used the blue key.. needs a yellow key. Unfortunately, the yellow key was used to become the blue key. After I looked on YouTube, I used DOSBox an cheats to come to this point. On PC the door has green lights and can be opened.. on Vita it has red lights and reports, I need the yellow key.

PS: Sorry for my bad english... ;)
I believe 1 & 2 are related, have you ever experienced savegame problems without pressing the home button? You'll notice a lot of homebrews will behave strangely after pressing home, and commercial games will warn you not to press it during saving. I think it messes up all the file pointers or something like that (by design). I am thinking of making some changes to the caching manager, which I would expect to take care of those cases, and possibly the music issue as well. Best to avoid using the home button for now, just save and quit instead, then restart later (better with the skip intro option enabled). I'll look into your 3rd issue. I noticed references to specific maps in the source's comments, so it's conceivable that there's a problem with the port. What door specifically is the affected one? Does the same thing happen with the latest BStone desktop version?
HitmanSchwarz

Post by HitmanSchwarz »

Sorry for my late reply...

To 1 & 2.. Yes, after I use the home button or the vita activates the lock screen, the saving is in most cases corrupt.

To 3. On the right corner of the title screen there is the number 2.10R. If I copy the files to my PC an play the game via DosBox, then there is no door bug.

Mission 6 - Floor 6 - After the elevator and the first room, there is left a door (yellow Key) and right a door (blue key).

I open the right door with the blue key and take the next door on the right. Then I go to the next door. In this room there is a green guard and THIS DOOR wants the yellow key... but you must use the yellow key at the beginning on the left door... to become the blue key.. to reach the bug door.

Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold Walkthrough - 6 Mission 6 Level [Veteran Agent Difficulty]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8T3Cb60sKE The Door at 3:47

Return to “HENkaku”