Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] Chocolate Doom (also supports Heretic, Hexen and Strife)

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
deathblade200

Re: [RELEASE] Chocolate Doom (also supports Heretic, Hexen and Strife)

Post by deathblade200 »

fgsfds wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:24 am
deathblade200 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:13 am so how do you setup OGG with this? all I've found is how to use flac which doesn't seem to work with this version (yet anyway)
All I know is this, as I haven't actually tested this feature. The VIta port should look for music pack configs in ux0:/data/chocolate/music if you enable Digital music in the launcher. There is a link for an OGG music pack for Hexen on that page, maybe you can try checking if that works.
FLAC isn't supported yet because there seems to be no libFLAC port for the Vita.
yeah I've already tried that with the OGG files before making that last post all it gives me is silence on all of the games
Advertising
CountDuckula

Post by CountDuckula »

Thanks fgsfds, this plays great :)
Mouse mode with variable turning speed would be fantastic, I got used to the current speed but a little faster would be perfect.
Advertising
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

Well, the original Doom only had one turning speed, and two walking speeds (walk and run). So this is kind of authentic to the original.

This is a truly amazing port! Great job with the button remapping in the menu, too - works perfect. I can't believe I am already playing Heretic and Hexen on the Vita.
AlternativeZero

Post by AlternativeZero »

Just wondering since I couldn't find documentation on this but does .pk3 mods work with Chocolate Doom or is that restricted to GZDoom only?
Chris_Highwind

Post by Chris_Highwind »

It seems the Chocolate Doom used doesn't have full support for Chex Quest, as when I played 1, the game continued past the Caverns level where it is supposed to end.
PS3 Super-Slim 500 GB
PS Vita (32 GB Memory Stick): Henkaku Enso 3.60
PS4
fgsfds

Post by fgsfds »

AlternativeZero wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:56 am Just wondering since I couldn't find documentation on this but does .pk3 mods work with Chocolate Doom or is that restricted to GZDoom only?
Chocolate Doom does not support .pk3 files or mods that require enhanced engine features. It only officially supports .wads compatible with Vanilla Doom.
Chris_Highwind wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:49 pm It seems the Chocolate Doom used doesn't have full support for Chex Quest, as when I played 1, the game continued past the Caverns level where it is supposed to end.
This could be because the wrong WAD filename is used and because of that Chocolate Doom doesn't detect that you're playing Chex. The next release will use -iwad chex.wad when loading Chex, as it should.
AlternativeZero

Post by AlternativeZero »

fgsfds wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:55 pm
AlternativeZero wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:56 am Just wondering since I couldn't find documentation on this but does .pk3 mods work with Chocolate Doom or is that restricted to GZDoom only?
Chocolate Doom does not support .pk3 files or mods that require enhanced engine features. It only officially supports .wads compatible with Vanilla Doom.
Ah, thanks for replying.
fgsfds

Post by fgsfds »

deathblade200 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:27 am yeah I've already tried that with the OGG files before making that last post all it gives me is silence on all of the games
I have just checked and the Hexen music pack from that page works fine. You should make sure your ux0:/data/chocolate/music folder looks like this:

Code: Select all

music/
----hexen-music/
--------<OGGs here>
----hexen-music.cfg
and that you have enabled digital music for Hexen. Keep in mind that all games have different configs (well, all Doom games use the same config), so when you select a different game in the launcher, its own set of options is loaded, so you must first choose Hexen in the Game tab and then set Music type to Digital in the Audio tab.
deathblade200

Post by deathblade200 »

fgsfds wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:53 pm
deathblade200 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:27 am yeah I've already tried that with the OGG files before making that last post all it gives me is silence on all of the games
I have just checked and the Hexen music pack from that page works fine. You should make sure your ux0:/data/chocolate/music folder looks like this:

Code: Select all

music/
----hexen-music/
--------<OGGs here>
----hexen-music.cfg
and that you have enabled digital music for Hexen. Keep in mind that all games have different configs (well, all Doom games use the same config), so when you select a different game in the launcher, its own set of options is loaded, so you must first choose Hexen in the Game tab and then set Music type to Digital in the Audio tab.
ok so my problem was that I didn't know you had to put them in a extra folder but soon as I made a doom1-music folder and put the .ogg files into it they started working the only thing else you really have to do is find a flac config file and change the extensions to ogg in the config file
Chris_Highwind

Post by Chris_Highwind »

Is there a way to build what's in the github repo already? For me the game plays just fine, I would just like to have the ability to run Chex Quest without needing to change the filename.
PS3 Super-Slim 500 GB
PS Vita (32 GB Memory Stick): Henkaku Enso 3.60
PS4

Return to “HENkaku”