Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] vitaQuakeIII - Quake 3: Arena + Quake 3: Team Arena + OpenArena + Urban Terror port for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Rinnegatamante
VIP

[RELEASE] vitaQuakeIII - Quake 3: Arena + Quake 3: Team Arena + OpenArena + Urban Terror port for PSVITA

Post by Rinnegatamante »

vitaQuakeIII v.0.9

Description:

vitaQuakeIII is a port of Quake 3: Arena and Quake 3: Team Arena based on ioquake3 engine.
It's still in current BETA stage so expect bugs and unstable framerate but as of now it's already enjoyable for playing.
I suggest NOT TO MESS UP with Setup menu since the release will have an already tweaked config file that should offer a good framerate without downgrading too much graphics. If you want to change some settings, edit q3config file inside baseq3 folder.

How to use lower resolutions:

To use lower resolutions to improve framerate more, edit in q3config file the r_mode parameter to:

0 = 480x272
1 = 640x368
2 = 720x408
3 = 960x544

Controls:

DPad or Left Analog = Move character
Right Analog/Touchscreen = Move Camera
L = Aim
R = Shoot
Cross = Jump
Square = Crouch
Circle = Use Item
Triangle = Change in use weapon
Start = Pause
Select = Show Score

How to use full game files:

To use full game files, you'll need data files updated to latest patch available.
Place pk3 files from baseq3 folder to ux0:data/ioq3/baseq3 folder for standard game and pk3 files from missionpack folder to ux0:data/ioq3/missionpack folder for Quake 3: Team Arena.

Regarding OpenArena core:

OpenArena core is highly experimental (even more than Team Arena one) so expect issues on larger scale:
1) It doesn't have dynamic libraries support for QVMs: This means game will have in general lower performances and will use dynarec.
2) Related to dynarec, it is unstable which means you have to expect crashes. You can solve this issue by forcing interpreter instead of dynarec (To do so, edit vm_ui, vm_game and vm_cgame values in ux0:data/openarena/baseoa/q3config.cfg from 0 to 1) but interpreter is A LOT slower than dynarec.
3) By default the core runs at 480x272 resolution. Framerate's already kinda bad but playable on relatively small maps. Increasing it to 960x544 is possible (look up to this post) but not recommended.
4) OpenArena core doesn't use OpenArena engine but still ioquake3 engine. This means some stuffs (especially in the renderer) are missing (eg. the particles renderer).

Known bugs/issues:

- Framerate is unstable, especially in Team Arena and OpenArena
- Character model is not properly rendered in Setup submenus
- 3D Icons in the in game HUD get covered from walls sometimes and from player weapon
- Attempting to launch Team Arena in game from Quake III causes a crash (use the Livearea icon)

Screenshots:

Credits:

- ioq3 developers for ioquake3 engine
- fgsfds for helping me implementing dynamic linking for shared libraries
- rsn8887 for the improved analogs sensitivity system
- Ch3lin for the Livearea assets
- All my Patreon supporters:
  • Tain Sueiras
  • The Vita3K project
  • RaveHeart
  • Mored1984
  • ArkaniteOnVita
  • Count Duckula
  • rsn8887
  • T33Hud
  • Andyways
  • Daniel Krusenbaum
  • DiDoSvK
  • Elwood Blues
  • Thomas Würgler
  • GregoryRasputin
  • Demodex
  • styroteqe
  • Eduardo Minguez
  • Artūrs Lubāns
  • Samuel Batista
  • suLac4ever
  • BOBdotEXE
  • Troy Murray
  • Jared Breland
  • Daniel
  • Lars Zondervan
  • gnmmarechal
  • Yakara
  • Pirloui
  • PSX-Place.com
  • 2Mourty
  • Gelson Silva
Download:

The Data Files contain the demo version of Quake III already setup to be played, a tweaked q3config file and shared libraries for both Quake III and Quake III: Team Arena. OpenArena full data files are also included.

https://rinnegatamante.it/vitadb/#/info/375
Advertising
Last edited by Rinnegatamante on Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:57 am, edited 8 times in total.
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
Elwood89

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuakeIII - Quake 3: Arena + Quake 3: Team Arena port for PSVITA

Post by Elwood89 »

I'll post a reply here, but not to you, rather to all the people who seem to have forgotten to support you on Patreon.
The message is: go support the man ;)
I'm no fanboy, I simply know the value of work. And time.
Thank you for your consideration!
Advertising
mrdude

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuakeIII - Quake 3: Arena + Quake 3: Team Arena port for PSVITA

Post by mrdude »

Thanks for the release, it looks good playing this on ps vita. Does anyone else have issues playing tier 1, powerstaion (sarge), the graphics are all messed up for me - tried with files from 3 different releases. Due to this I can't get any further in the game. Apart from that it plays pretty well.
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

mrdude wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:41 am Thanks for the release, it looks good playing this on ps vita. Does anyone else have issues playing tier 1, powerstaion (sarge), the graphics are all messed up for me - tried with files from 3 different releases. Due to this I can't get any further in the game. Apart from that it plays pretty well.
Fixed with https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/vitaQ ... 75802ba9c4

Will be available in next release.
Mrgreezy3

Post by Mrgreezy3 »

Will next release be able to launch mods like "afterwards"
I tried to put the files in missionpack and game loads but when you get into gameplay all textures are gone and it is all white . i was just messing around with the mod support ... Great release btw quake3 is a classic and has very good mods.
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Mrgreezy3 wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:49 pm Will next release be able to launch mods like "afterwards"
I tried to put the files in missionpack and game loads but when you get into gameplay all textures are gone and it is all white . i was just messing around with the mod support ... Great release btw quake3 is a classic and has very good mods.
Mods on Quake III need to be recompiled accordingly (ideally or you need to properly edit config file to use dynarec).
Also several mods require a whole engine modification (like Open Arena).
Mrgreezy3

Post by Mrgreezy3 »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:05 pm
Mrgreezy3 wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:49 pm Will next release be able to launch mods like "afterwards"
Mods on Quake III need to be recompiled accordingly (ideally or you need to properly edit config file to use dynarec).
Thank you for your response do you think its possible to play afterward with this release or engine ? What would i have to do to the cfg file for the game to show textures in game everything is in polygons and white . some times it starts normal then a few seconds it goes white... Weird still in all great work
Mrgreezy3

Post by Mrgreezy3 »

Thank you for your response do you think its possible to play afterward with this release or engine ? What would i have to do to the cfg file for the game to show textures in game everything is in polygons and white . some times it starts normal then a few seconds it goes white... Weird other then that everything is fully working in mod still in all great work for the q3a release PERIOD.
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Mrgreezy3 wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:32 am
Thank you for your response do you think its possible to play afterward with this release or engine ? What would i have to do to the cfg file for the game to show textures in game everything is in polygons and white . some times it starts normal then a few seconds it goes white... Weird other then that everything is fully working in mod still in all great work for the q3a release PERIOD.
The white textures bug can be related to an issue there was in skly rendering that i already fixed and will be available in next release.
As for the config file, you should change all vm_* params to 2 (you should have them set to 0 actually).

These params mean:
0 = Shared libraries (Best performances but requires recompilation of said libraries)
1 = Interpreter (Worst performances but 100% compatibility)
2 = Dynarec (Good performances but can have some bugs)
mrdude

Post by mrdude »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:42 pm
mrdude wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:41 am Thanks for the release, it looks good playing this on ps vita. Does anyone else have issues playing tier 1, powerstaion (sarge), the graphics are all messed up for me - tried with files from 3 different releases. Due to this I can't get any further in the game. Apart from that it plays pretty well.
Fixed with https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/vitaQ ... 75802ba9c4

Will be available in next release.
Thanks, I recompiled on linux and it compiles and works fine now, for some reason compiling on windows compiles ok for me - but the game crashes on load, I'm using the same version of vitagl & vitasdk - weird or what?

Return to “HENkaku”