Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] ZeldaNSQ - Zelda Navi's Quest port for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
usineur

[RELEASE] ZeldaNSQ - Zelda Navi's Quest port for PSVITA

Post by usineur »

Description

Zelda: Navi's Quest is a sequel game that follows the Vincent Jouillat's Zelda fanmade trilogy.

Story

Hyrule Kingdom had been in peace since the Hero Link had defeated the evil forces which threatened it.
Once his quest was complete, he ran away from honor and fame and crossed the seas, hoping to find unknown territories where he could quench his thirst for adventure.
Although his journey took him through countless kingdoms, his attention was not caught until he happened into a bar, quite by mistake, and was told of a rumor...
He heard about a legendary place, the most popular seaside destination at the time: the famous Fairy Island.
Was it his hero instinct that made him sail there in all haste?
However as he approached the island shores, Link was attacked and beaten by a terrifying sea monster.

Controls

When in game, press "Select" to display help.

Screenshots
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Links
VPK can be found here.
English and french translations are currently supported.

Changelog
1.0:
  • First public release
Have fun, do not hesitate to report me any issue you can found.
Advertising
usineur

Re: [RELEASE] ZeldaNSQ - Zelda Navi's Quest port for PSVITA

Post by usineur »

Version 1.0.1 is available. Options can be saved now.
Advertising
octopus

Post by octopus »

Thanks for your work. I have tried your earlier ports and they had one feature missing which stopped me from playing them. Could you add 1:1 ratio support, please? Sorry if it has been added already. I don’t like stretched pixels.
Last edited by octopus on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
usineur

Post by usineur »

It has been added already for all my Zelda ports. Just look at the screenshots carefully :mrgreen:
octopus

Post by octopus »

What I see is it renders to fit the height of the Vita's screen and the pixels are deformed.
usineur

Post by usineur »

All my ports fit the height of the Vita screen. I don't want to play in 320x200 window mode, so I don't provide support for that.
Note that the original ratio of game is kept by the way - also for my older ports now -.

Screenshots are taken with the Vita "HOME" + "Start" combo. Poor quality, and may not reflect the visual sensation you can have on the Vita. Not tested on PSTV.

You can also simply give it a try, or not.
bcoleman

Post by bcoleman »

Your other threads are locked so I'll report my issues you playing these games here.

I was going to play the Vita port of Time to Triumph but it's unplayable. You can't move diagonally. Only up, down, left, right. This means all enemies move faster than you and you can't run away. Did anyone try playing this port before releasing it? I'm on version 1.3 and it doesn't work right with my left Vita stick. I would try the d-pad but in this game it doesn't even work since you're using it for the inventory and other things.

In Oni Link Begins, I cannot get rid of the menu at the top. You didn't add an "auto-hide". Another big issue was that whenever I go into the mountain area, the entire game slows down and I move in slow motion. It might have something to do with the music that plays but I don't know. Last thing, in the 3rd dungeon "Ordona Temple", when you push the 3 blocks to stop the spike logs from rolling, they get stuck like you see here:

https://youtu.be/mJNjyxqSAQI?list=PLj4- ... HRDB&t=457

When this happens on the Vita, the whole game freezes. And it's almost impossible to make it not stick. The only way I made it through was to ignore the blocks and run through taking damage. I got lucky.

Anyways, the biggest issue with all of the ports is how the buttons change every time. X should always be pick up pots and talk to people. But in all the ports it switches back and forth. You should add a tab where we can make our own controls.
usineur

Post by usineur »

bcoleman wrote: Your other threads are locked so I'll report my issues you playing these games here.

I was going to play the Vita port of Time to Triumph but it's unplayable. You can't move diagonally. Only up, down, left, right. This means all enemies move faster than you and you can't run away. Did anyone try playing this port before releasing it? I'm on version 1.3 and it doesn't work right with my left Vita stick. I would try the d-pad but in this game it doesn't even work since you're using it for the inventory and other things.
It's already fixed: https://github.com/usineur/Zelda3T/comm ... bb143512de
Also for ROTH and NSQ.

Version 1.3.1 of Zelda3T is ready btw. I should release it soon.
For ZeldaNSQ, I'm waiting for a contribution before releasing a new revision.
bcoleman wrote: In Oni Link Begins, I cannot get rid of the menu at the top. You didn't add an "auto-hide". Another big issue was that whenever I go into the mountain area, the entire game slows down and I move in slow motion. It might have something to do with the music that plays but I don't know. Last thing, in the 3rd dungeon "Ordona Temple", when you push the 3 blocks to stop the spike logs from rolling, they get stuck like you see here:

https://youtu.be/mJNjyxqSAQI?list=PLj4- ... HRDB&t=457

When this happens on the Vita, the whole game freezes. And it's almost impossible to make it not stick. The only way I made it through was to ignore the blocks and run through taking damage. I got lucky.
I'm not the author of the ZeldaOLB port. The 3 others are my ports, but not this one.
bcoleman wrote: Anyways, the biggest issue with all of the ports is how the buttons change every time. X should always be pick up pots and talk to people. But in all the ports it switches back and forth. You should add a tab where we can make our own controls.
Controls were already changed. Many times.
After discussions with many users, actual mappings for all zelda ports were the ones that have been preferred by the majority.
bcoleman

Post by bcoleman »

Ah, I didn't realize you didn't make all the ports. No wonder the controls were going back and forth.

Glad that you fixed the issue with the directional movement. I'm not sure how to apply that file to the game and make it work but maybe I just have to wait for version 1.3.1. Let us know when you release it! Thanks for the reply.

Return to “HENkaku”