Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] TouchRemap - Plugin to remap touchpads

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
User avatar
Rinnegatamante
VIP
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:02 am
Contact:

[RELEASE] TouchRemap - Plugin to remap touchpads

Post by Rinnegatamante » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:20 pm

This is a simple plugin that extends both WDNR and WDNF with other touchpads emulation possibilities.
It allows eight types of emulation:

- Default: Standard touchpads functionalities
- Frontpad -> Rearpad: Rearpad is disabled and frontpad will be redirected to both frontpad and rearpad
- Rearpad -> Frontpad: Frontpad is disabled and rearpad will be redirected to both frontpad and rearpad
- Inverted pads: Frontpad is redirected to rearpad and viceversa
- Frontpad disabled: Disables frontpad (WDNF)
- Rearpad disabled: Disables rearpad (WDNR)
- Both -> Frontpad: Both pads will be redirected to frontpad
- Both -> Rearpad: Both pads will be redirected to rearpad

To use it, just put it under *ALL and press START+TRIANGLE+CROSS to change current mode.

Download: https://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/281
Sourcecode: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/Touch-Remap/
Advertising
Last edited by Rinnegatamante on Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D

wmxp
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:40 am

Re: [RELEASE] TouchRemap - Plugin to remap touchpads

Post by wmxp » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:50 pm

This is an amazing contribution to the community, thank you for all your all hard work! If you could blend your codebase with xerpi's DS3/4vita plugins to create button2touch support, you'll be a hero among the community. :)
Advertising

User avatar
Filippo94
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: [RELEASE] TouchRemap - Plugin to remap touchpads

Post by Filippo94 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:32 am

Just two days ago I had the need of such a plugin, thanks for sharing this! :D
Although I'd have a request: Is it possible to have both the touchpad to act as front or back at the same time?

An example: Wipeout 2048, has a touch interface on the front, and uses the back touchscreen only for rotating the ship and some effects in the menu. When you press pause, the game doesn't let you resume the race pressing X, you have to tap the screen on the mark, which removes your thumb from the X button, and resuming with throttle off. If I could just touch the back screen instead it would be great, but without both, I'd have to also navigate the menu with the back touchpad.

Thanks once more! :D
PSP Fat cfw 6.60 Pro-C2
PSVita Fat 3.60 taiHen

User avatar
Rinnegatamante
VIP
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:02 am
Contact:

Re: [RELEASE] TouchRemap - Plugin to remap touchpads

Post by Rinnegatamante » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:00 pm

Filippo94 wrote:Just two days ago I had the need of such a plugin, thanks for sharing this! :D
Although I'd have a request: Is it possible to have both the touchpad to act as front or back at the same time?
Rinnegatamante wrote: - Frontpad -> Rearpad: Rearpad is disabled and frontpad will be redirected to both frontpad and rearpad
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D

User avatar
Filippo94
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: [RELEASE] TouchRemap - Plugin to remap touchpads

Post by Filippo94 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:35 pm

Ooooooh, I've read that it was disabled, and... yeah, I did misread.
Sorry :oops:

Edit: it seems not to work the way I described, what I ment is to have both the front and the back touchpads sending only front input, or back input. What I experienced is indeed that the "Frontpad -> Rearpad" seems to disable the front touchpad, and map the front touchpad input to the back touchpad...

I'm testing with Child of Light, which can map igniculus to front or to back touchpad. I was trying to map it to both, setting it "front" and having both the touchpads sending front input.

Makes sense? :lol:

Edit2: Turns out I didn't actually misread, I was reading Aurora's post, and it says
Frontpad -> Rearpad: The rearpad is disabled and the frontpad acts as the rearpad
which is what I did actually experience. That's why I did the first post ;)
PSP Fat cfw 6.60 Pro-C2
PSVita Fat 3.60 taiHen

Terry69Lawson
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:21 pm

Re: [RELEASE] TouchRemap - Plugin to remap touchpads

Post by Terry69Lawson » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:27 pm

Hi Rinnegatamante,

I tested this on a Vita Slim with the Hori Remote Play Assist attachment (with L2/3 and R2/3 buttons linked to the rear touchpad). Results seem mixed with MGS3. I went for the "Inverted pads" option. Using this, the "hard knife stab" was indeed flipped from the rear to the front touchscreen. However, none of the four buttons on the attachment would trigger the item and weapon quickmenus (which are usually on the front touchscreen but with this option would go to the rear touchpad). Thinking perhaps the nudgers weren't hitting the right spots, I took the Vita out of the attachment and tried using my fingers instead. But no dice. I danced my fingers all over the rear touchpad and no response. Any ideas? I'm also gonna test some other games. Lemmings Touch also seems to suffer the same problem.

User avatar
Rinnegatamante
VIP
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:02 am
Contact:

Re: [RELEASE] TouchRemap - Plugin to remap touchpads

Post by Rinnegatamante » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:24 pm

Terry69Lawson wrote:Hi Rinnegatamante,

I tested this on a Vita Slim with the Hori Remote Play Assist attachment (with L2/3 and R2/3 buttons linked to the rear touchpad). Results seem mixed with MGS3. I went for the "Inverted pads" option. Using this, the "hard knife stab" was indeed flipped from the rear to the front touchscreen. However, none of the four buttons on the attachment would trigger the item and weapon quickmenus (which are usually on the front touchscreen but with this option would go to the rear touchpad). Thinking perhaps the nudgers weren't hitting the right spots, I took the Vita out of the attachment and tried using my fingers instead. But no dice. I danced my fingers all over the rear touchpad and no response. Any ideas? I'm also gonna test some other games. Lemmings Touch also seems to suffer the same problem.
Are you sure that this is not related to an hw issue? I tested the inverted pads feature on vitaQuake and it worked flawlessy.
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D

User avatar
Rinnegatamante
VIP
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:02 am
Contact:

Re: [RELEASE] TouchRemap - Plugin to remap touchpads

Post by Rinnegatamante » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:24 pm

v.1.1 available!

Changelog:

Code: Select all

- Fixed a bug in the "Rearpad Disabled" mode breaking its functionality.
- Added "Both -> Frontpad" mode to remap both pads to frontpad.
- Added "Both -> Rearpad" mode to remap both pads to rearpad.
Download:
http://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/281
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D

diablos222
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:42 pm

Re: [RELEASE] TouchRemap - Plugin to remap touchpads

Post by diablos222 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:11 pm

Thanks for the update. Using both -> Front touchpad should be really useful in Moonlight. I gotta try it.

EDIT. I dont think its working as intended. I thought that the both frontpad and backpad would be redirected to single pad, so for example I could use frontpad and backpad on just a frontpad, but instead it redirects either frontpad or backpad to both pads.

User avatar
Rinnegatamante
VIP
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:02 am
Contact:

Re: [RELEASE] TouchRemap - Plugin to remap touchpads

Post by Rinnegatamante » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:50 am

diablos222 wrote:Thanks for the update. Using both -> Front touchpad should be really useful in Moonlight. I gotta try it.

EDIT. I dont think its working as intended. I thought that the both frontpad and backpad would be redirected to single pad, so for example I could use frontpad and backpad on just a frontpad, but instead it redirects either frontpad or backpad to both pads.
That's how it works, both pads are redirected to a single pad: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/Touch ... c#L70-L107

Tested on vitaQuake and working fine.
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D

Post Reply

Return to “HENkaku”