Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Release] Higurashi: When They Cry Vita Port

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
dmaskell92

Re: [Release] Higurashi: When They Cry Vita Port

Post by dmaskell92 »

If you need some help porting Chapter 5 let me know, I have a fully configured preset file (tips and everything). The game loads but I have been modifying each day script by hand to progress in the story without crashing.

I got voices and HD images working, but there are a few SD wallpapers here and there I'm working on removing for myself.

I don't know, I replaced some of the images in the CG folder so my scripts would require me to upload the SE and CG folders for them to work, you probably are smarter and know a better way to automate things, but I am making progress for myself, I currently have up until day 10 finished.

----

I should say 1-10 are finished, but I still want to compare them with the PC version with the mod installed. I have Day 1 basically 1:1 with the PC/PS3 version right now. It's totally unnecessary though you can still enjoy the full script. I might just replace all the SD wallpapers and call it a day.
Advertising
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
MyLegGuy

Post by MyLegGuy »

dmaskell92 wrote:If you need some help porting Chapter 5 let me know, I have a fully configured preset file (tips and everything). The game loads but I have been modifying each day script by hand to progress in the story without crashing.

I got voices and HD images working, but there are a few SD wallpapers here and there I'm working on removing for myself.

I don't know, I replaced some of the images in the CG folder so my scripts would require me to upload the SE and CG folders for them to work, you probably are smarter and know a better way to automate things, but I am making progress for myself, I currently have up until day 10 finished.

----

I should say 1-10 are finished, but I still want to compare them with the PC version with the mod installed. I have Day 1 basically 1:1 with the PC/PS3 version right now. It's totally unnecessary though you can still enjoy the full script. I might just replace all the SD wallpapers and call it a day.
I can't port the game because I haven't played it, as you know, so I can't really help you that much. If you do manage to port it though, I'd link your download in the OP and also add it to my auto-installer. Oh, and also love you.

If you're trying to port the PS3 Voices & Graphics patch also, I'd highly recommend using v2.0.0 of the patch. This version can actually be converted with my script converter. The newer version introduces features that aren't in the vanilla version of the game, like flags the script uses that my program isn't configured to use.
If you want to go down this route, here's what you should do:
1. Install the PS3 patch normally with the official auto installer. (The one 07th Mod made.)
2. Download v2.0.0 of the patch.
3. Extract it to the StreamingAssets directory. This should replace files.
4. Use my script converter on the StreamingAssets folder.

I'm confused about why you're seeing SD backgrounds. If you're porting the PS3 version of the scripts, no SD backgrounds should be loaded. Did you just convert the normal version of the game and then replace the backgrounds? Anyway, using v2.0.0 of the patch, as I described above, should fix this because you're actually using the PS3 version scripts, but you may need to restart your progress if things don't work well right after conversion, so you might not want to do that.

In hopes that it might aid you on your noble quest, I've released a Windows build of this program. It works the same as the Vita version, so convert the files as if you were doing it for the Vita. You place the StreamingAssets folder next to the executable file (called a.exe). The Windows version is much more forgiving. It won't crash if an image file isn't found and will notify you in the command window when an unimplemented function was called.
Controls for Windows build:
Z is cross
X is circle
Dpad is dpad.
A is square
S is triangle
Escape is start.
E is select
B simulates the back button (used for Android build.)
To close the Windows version, click into the command prompt window and press CTRL+C.

If you end up needing to modify the CG and SE folders, that should be fine.
A large portion of the game would need to be uploaded, which isn't ideal.
If worst comes to worst, I could make a program that patches the files the user already has. Similar to what's done with rom hacks.
Advertising
please reply
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

Thanks for that link, I had older scripts I think. These scripts are using the correct images!

You just saved me so much time, the scripts I had where linking to SD images that the HD images didn't fully replace. Because the SD version has more backgrounds, there where several HD images not even linked in the script and I was doing that manually. The scripts did have all the voice lines so that's why I was using them.

Long story short, I did everything you said to do but I was using a older version of the patch. I'l let you know how things go.

Also yes that means I have to run through the scripts on auto again lol. Every Day has at least one spot where it crashes but it's just removing simple scripts that the vita doesn't like. Oh and putting DisableWindow(); - DisplayWindow(); on the little intro images, for some reason it tints them like it's about to show text. This is really quick stuff though.

----

Also this will omit the need for CG/SE folder uploads cheers

MyLegGuy

Post by MyLegGuy »

dmaskell92 wrote: Every Day has at least one spot where it crashes but it's just removing simple scripts that the vita doesn't like. Oh and putting DisableWindow(); - DisplayWindow(); on the little intro images, for some reason it tints them like it's about to show text. This is really quick stuff though.
The DisplayWindow isn't even implemented.
I've released a new version that makes the command work. The new versions also stops auto mode from enabling the message box by itself.
If it doesn't work, send me the code snippet please.

Also, here's a list of commands that don't work yet:
https://pastebin.com/raw/tAqucXBm
Tell me if you need any of them, along with an example of its usage, and I'll try to make it work.

If you want to, you can send me the script snippets that make the game crash. I can try to fix them.
(Just make sure you cut out any of the dialogue, thx.)
dmaskell92 wrote: Also yes that means I have to run through the scripts on auto again lol.
If you're actually using auto mode to test, I've enhanced the "speedy mode" feature I had.
Press in this order, right, left, down, up, and square on the main menu. You'll get the option to enable "speedy mode." It disables the FPS cap, keeps the Vita from sleeping, disables the wait command, makes text appear instantly, and sets the auto mode wait time to 50 milliseconds. It's like skipping, but you don't have to hold down a button. You still have to press SELECT once you load a script to enable auto mode, though. Hope it helps.
(Requires the new version I linked earlier.)
please reply
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

But that's weird, DisableWindow(); still hid the black film. Anyway thanks for the updated VPK. I'm going in at these scripts later today.

But yeah I can collect the problem script, one is the whole &eye file, I think it's a splash screen or something. It shows "syntax error". I just replaced them with static splash screens. Sometimes the game will hang on a area where DisableWindow(); is used and the black film never comes back and you can't progress. I think this my be a problem with what's loaded after DisableWindow because DisableWindow doesn't crash normally. I don't have the code here right now but I'll show an example later.

When I get home I'll paste the stuff I'm replacing/removing.

MyLegGuy

Post by MyLegGuy »

dmaskell92 wrote:But that's weird, DisableWindow(); still hid the black film. Anyway thanks for the updated VPK. I'm going in at these scripts later today.

But yeah I can collect the problem script, one is the whole &eye file, I think it's a splash screen or something. It shows "syntax error". I just replaced them with static splash screens. Sometimes the game will hang on a area where DisableWindow(); is used and the black film never comes back and you can't progress. I think this my be a problem with what's loaded after DisableWindow because DisableWindow doesn't crash normally. I don't have the code here right now but I'll show an example later.

When I get home I'll paste the stuff I'm replacing/removing.
The only syntax error with @eye.txt and @eyecamp.txt is the #include part at the top.
Feel free to remove any #include you see in any file. It won't change anything even if I made it work because the file it's trying to include doesn't exist.

So, I see that @eyecamp.txt is executed with CallScript. I just took a look at how I implemented that command, and came to the conclusion that it won't be able to call a script and then return back to the previous script when it's done. This is due to another "main" function being declared in the new script. If it's been working for you, I don't know how. Probably through magic.

I will try and fix this soon, but I'm a bit busy and the problem is a bit tricky, so it may take a bit.
please reply
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

Well it's really not needed, I just made a simple splash screen that fades in and out with the end.png image. it looks good to me.

I have a question, the TTF file you supply with the VPK, is it possible to replace this with a font that has a slight drop shadow? Or is the Font you supply totally mandatory because of special symbols or something? I haven't tried to swap it out, but I know there are Star symbols and such.

----

I bring this up because of the way you handled negative images, it puts a white filter over the image (which I think is totally fine) but the text can be a bit of a strain on the eyes to read.

MyLegGuy

Post by MyLegGuy »

dmaskell92 wrote:Well it's really not needed, I just made a simple splash screen that fades in and out with the end.png image. it looks good to me.

I have a question, the TTF file you supply with the VPK, is it possible to replace this with a font that has a slight drop shadow? Or is the Font you supply totally mandatory because of special symbols or something? I haven't tried to swap it out, but I know there are Star symbols and such.

----

I bring this up because of the way you handled negative images, it puts a white filter over the image (which I think is totally fine) but the text can be a bit of a strain on the eyes to read.
Yeah, you can easily change the font. Most of the special symbols ( star, music note, etc. ) are actually images I drew in MS Paint. I'm surprised you thought they were part of the font. I'll take it as a compliment.
I'll need a font that has a license that lets me distribute it, of course.

I'm not really sure what a "negative" image is. Is it when the colors are inverted?
The "negative" command actually does nothing in my port. Perhaps Meakashi is using the negative command and then the DrawFilm command?
When a film/filter is on, the black text box window filter thing isn't draw. I guess I thought it made the filters look too dark.
please reply
resistallyouwant

Post by resistallyouwant »

MyLegGuy, thanks a lot for v 2.0! I went to github to check for updates once a week :D

But I have a question. When I suspend the game, the music stops and the game crashes. It happens only for me? Because I haven't seen any complaints.
dmaskell92 wrote:Well it's really not needed, I just made a simple splash screen that fades in and out with the end.png image. it looks good to me.

Yes, another fonts are supported. Screenshot from Onikakushi russification (it was just a test).
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

rofl Russian screenshots are spoiler free for me, anyway I tested some fonts and I'm having a hard time finding the perfect font. I'm probably going to worry about it later.

Return to “HENkaku”