Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] ZeldaOLB - Zelda: Oni Link Begins port for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Berion2

Re: [RELEASE] ZeldaOLB - Zelda: Oni Link Begins port for PSV

Post by Berion2 »

I can confirm that I also have that bug crush in exactly the same moment. I'm trying change circumstances like force engine to reread the location, making another save, collecting some item etc. but no matter what, game crashing.

So I took the save, moved it to PSP port and finished the game on Adrenaline... :P First, my plan was to omit this faulty point in the game and return to PSV native but no luck. Vita port don't see PSP port save for some mysterious reason...

Also I have problems with music. It's scratching all over time.
Advertising
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Re: [RELEASE] ZeldaOLB - Zelda: Oni Link Begins port for PSVITA

Post by Rinnegatamante »

ZeldaOLB v.1.1 finally released!

Changelog:
- Fixed a bug causing a GPU crash when collecting last graal.
- Fixed several memory leak issues
- Added left analog support for Link movement

Thanks to all my Patreon supporters for their awesome support:
- Styde Pregny
- Billy McLaughlin II
- XandridFire
- AnOtHeROnE
- Andyways
- Ramerson Wesley Araújo
- gnuffy
- Jorge Laurencena
- rsn8887
- PSX-Place.com
- John Wanot
- Count Duckula
- polytoad
- Defkyle
- Samuel Batista
- Jaden Emrich
-Colan Wiser
- Elwood Blues
- Justin
- Angel Villagómez
- Daniel Crane
- Lars Zondervan
- Yakara Network
- Santiago Quiroga
- Pirloui
- temp_anon
- 2Mourty
- gnmmarechal
- Bryan Hanbury
- Gelson Silva

Download:
http://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/265
Advertising
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
Chris_Highwind

Post by Chris_Highwind »

Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting more crashes than before. I can't even get to the last graal in either version because the amount of times the game has crashed on me just walking to a dungeon or getting an item is starting to tick me off.
nightwishfan1 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:38 am
Chris_Highwind wrote:I decided to try playing through the game as normal, and just see if I could get past the 5th graal glitch on the 3DS port, but for some reason, the game will randomly crash out of nowhere. I'm not sure if it's like in the other Zelda ports where it'll crash if you play it for too long, because when OLB crashed, I hadn't played that session as long as I had played ROTH when it crashed. Yet if I go back to the game and go back to the point where it crashed the last time, it won't crash again.
The problem I (and I'm sure others) have experienced is that the game doesn't crash anywhere before collecting the 5th graal, which unfortunately defeats trying to get around it by going back to a previous crash point. The collecting of the 5th graal and link and oni link splitting is the only time this particular port crashes. At least for me it seems to. Going back to that point via a save won't get around it either. It just crashes the vita again. So it's almost pointless til a proper fix is introduced.
Something must be wrong with my Vita then, if it never crashed for you up until the 5th graal. In 1.0.1, I've had crashes just getting a new item like the bow or filling a bottle with potion, and with 1.1, The game crashes randomly while just walking in the overworld.
PS3 Super-Slim 500 GB
PS Vita (32 GB Memory Stick): Henkaku Enso 3.60
PS4
nightwishfan1

Post by nightwishfan1 »

Chris_Highwind wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:20 pm Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting more crashes than before. I can't even get to the last graal in either version because the amount of times the game has crashed on me just walking to a dungeon or getting an item is starting to tick me off.
nightwishfan1 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:38 am
Chris_Highwind wrote:I decided to try playing through the game as normal, and just see if I could get past the 5th graal glitch on the 3DS port, but for some reason, the game will randomly crash out of nowhere. I'm not sure if it's like in the other Zelda ports where it'll crash if you play it for too long, because when OLB crashed, I hadn't played that session as long as I had played ROTH when it crashed. Yet if I go back to the game and go back to the point where it crashed the last time, it won't crash again.
The problem I (and I'm sure others) have experienced is that the game doesn't crash anywhere before collecting the 5th graal, which unfortunately defeats trying to get around it by going back to a previous crash point. The collecting of the 5th graal and link and oni link splitting is the only time this particular port crashes. At least for me it seems to. Going back to that point via a save won't get around it either. It just crashes the vita again. So it's almost pointless til a proper fix is introduced.
Something must be wrong with my Vita then, if it never crashed for you up until the 5th graal. In 1.0.1, I've had crashes just getting a new item like the bow or filling a bottle with potion, and with 1.1, The game crashes randomly while just walking in the overworld.
You may want to go over to Rinnegatamantes github for this project and report the issues. That along with any data some core dump files may provide him. Those can be found via vita shell fairly easily. That data can help him track it down much quicker than him trying to reproduce the bug itself since for random users, and even he himself the bug can be completely random and not hit at all after several attempts.

As for the game crashing on you all the time. Unfortunately what I said in the past was exactly what was happening. I played it like any other game, and had no crashes up til going for the 5th graal where link and oni link split. That was the only time that ever happened. So that was fairly annoying to get so far only to be crushed by a bug of all things. I've yet to update my game to 1.0.1 to try it out yet. Only thing I can say that is different from us is that I'm using a pstv, which shouldn't be too much of a radical difference, but it is what I'm playing on.
Chris_Highwind

Post by Chris_Highwind »

nightwishfan1 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:13 pm You may want to go over to Rinnegatamantes github for this project and report the issues. That along with any data some core dump files may provide him. Those can be found via vita shell fairly easily. That data can help him track it down much quicker than him trying to reproduce the bug itself since for random users, and even he himself the bug can be completely random and not hit at all after several attempts.

As for the game crashing on you all the time. Unfortunately what I said in the past was exactly what was happening. I played it like any other game, and had no crashes up til going for the 5th graal where link and oni link split. That was the only time that ever happened. So that was fairly annoying to get so far only to be crushed by a bug of all things. I've yet to update my game to 1.0.1 to try it out yet. Only thing I can say that is different from us is that I'm using a pstv, which shouldn't be too much of a radical difference, but it is what I'm playing on.
I've been troubleshooting the issues with him over Discord, and we can't seem to find what the cause is, though hopefully the source code I found of the PSP version might help things, considering he noticed that the PSP version had some mem leak fixes that he found interesting, though I don't know if he implemented them or not.
PS3 Super-Slim 500 GB
PS4
nightwishfan1

Post by nightwishfan1 »

Yeah I don't know what's going on there. I updated the game last night, and played for a fair bit. Had some garbled sound effects, and slight vertical tears in the screen in full screen mode. Letter boxing the screen was better and alleviated the tears. But anyway I played almost a good hour or so, and got the master sword, ocarina, beat haunted mansion dungeon, learn the elegy of emptiness song , got the titan gloves to which led me back to where Pit and Zelda were in the woods. Found a spot to hook shot over the raised bits of land to a secret on top under a stone or bush. Soon as I entered that I encountered a GPU crash. Had to redo all the above stuff, cause I hadn't saved prior, and thought I was in the clear to keep going, and now I can't get back to where the GPU crash occurred. I get to where I learn the elegy of emptiness song, and that's now crashing the game out to the live area lol.
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

I'm actually trying to completely rewrote the port starting from PSP version instead of 3DS one (similarly to what i'm doing with vitaWolfen moving from Wolfenstein PSP to Wolf4SDL). Hoping that would solve issues since i've already tried tons of sanity checks to avoid those crashes but they still happen.
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
Chris_Highwind

Post by Chris_Highwind »

nightwishfan1 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:55 pm Yeah I don't know what's going on there. I updated the game last night, and played for a fair bit. Had some garbled sound effects, and slight vertical tears in the screen in full screen mode. Letter boxing the screen was better and alleviated the tears. But anyway I played almost a good hour or so, and got the master sword, ocarina, beat haunted mansion dungeon, learn the elegy of emptiness song , got the titan gloves to which led me back to where Pit and Zelda were in the woods. Found a spot to hook shot over the raised bits of land to a secret on top under a stone or bush. Soon as I entered that I encountered a GPU crash. Had to redo all the above stuff, cause I hadn't saved prior, and thought I was in the clear to keep going, and now I can't get back to where the GPU crash occurred. I get to where I learn the elegy of emptiness song, and that's now crashing the game out to the live area lol.
I've been testing some patches and rewrites for Rinnegatamante, and the latest build I have from him, which will see a release soon, fixes both of those crashes and all of the crashes I had. However, there is still a crash that can happen if you're not paying attention and an enemy hits you and the knockback puts you in a position where you'd normally go from one area to another in the overworld, though I have found it doesn't happen in dungeons (or at least not as often). Also, the framerate can tank in some areas, such as Destiny Mountains (~22 FPS) and places where it is raining (~30 FPS).
Last edited by Chris_Highwind on Wed May 02, 2018 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PS3 Super-Slim 500 GB
PS4
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

I don't really get these Fan Zelda ports. Do they follow the original story?

It's hard to see myself playing a fan fiction game. However I did love Portal 2 Mel.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
Chris_Highwind

Post by Chris_Highwind »

dmaskell92 wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 3:21 pm I don't really get these Fan Zelda ports. Do they follow the original story?

It's hard to see myself playing a fan fiction game. However I did love Portal 2 Mel.
I normally don't get homebrew Zelda games either, as a good number of them are too simplistic and don't feel like Zelda games. However, the Zelda games by Vincent Jouillat (ROTH, OLB, 3T, and NSQ) have a strange charm and quality to them that imo, makes them feel like Zelda games, with the only really bad thing about them being some slight Engrish, though the dialogue in general is mostly understandable, and the Engrish is justified by Vincent being French and thus, English not being his native language.
PS3 Super-Slim 500 GB
PS4

Return to “HENkaku”