Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] ZeldaOLB - Zelda: Oni Link Begins port for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Rinnegatamante
VIP

[RELEASE] ZeldaOLB - Zelda: Oni Link Begins port for PSVITA

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Description

Port of Zelda: Oni Link Begins, fanmade Zelda game sequel of Zelda: Return of the Hylian (already ported to PSVITA by usineur), for PSVITA.
It has also been translated to several languages, it now currently supports english, spanish, francais and italian.

Plot

Brought down by a terrible curse since his recent victory on the Dark Lord, Link is changing, day by day, into a powerful creature with a destructive nature named Oni-Link. Bannished from Hyrule, the young hylian asks the princess Zelda some help. She shows him his last hope: a portal to a secret world.

Controls

When in game press L + Square to show the help menu with all the controls to correctly play the game

Screenshots

Support

If you find some issues (especially in the translations and/or in game texts, please report me them with a proper screenshot in order to fix them.

Credits

- rsn8887 for fixing shaders for vitaGL usage.
- ocornut for dear ImGui
- Vincent Jouillat for the original game
All my Patreon supporters for their awesome support:
- Styde Pregny
- Billy McLaughlin II
- XandridFire
- AnOtHeROnE
- Andyways
- Ramerson Wesley Araújo
- gnuffy
- Jorge Laurencena
- rsn8887
- PSX-Place.com
- John Wanot
- Count Duckula
- polytoad
- Defkyle
- Samuel Batista
- Jaden Emrich
-Colan Wiser
- Elwood Blues
- Justin
- Angel Villagómez
- Daniel Crane
- Lars Zondervan
- Yakara Network
- Santiago Quiroga
- Pirloui
- 2Mourty
- gnmmarechal
- Bryan Hanbury
- Gelson Silva

Links

Download: http://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/265
Source: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/ZeldaOLB
Advertising
Last edited by Rinnegatamante on Wed May 02, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
nightwishfan1

Re: [RELEASE] ZeldaOLB - Zelda: Oni Link Begins port for PSV

Post by nightwishfan1 »

Hi. I was going to report the issue about the item select screen not rendering, but I see it's already reported. So I was wondering when we'll see an updated vpk? Sorry if it's been asked already, and not trying to rush things. Just curious is all. Thanks.
Advertising
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

nightwishfan1 wrote:Hi. I was going to report the issue about the item select screen not rendering, but I see it's already reported. So I was wondering when we'll see an updated vpk? Sorry if it's been asked already, and not trying to rush things. Just curious is all. Thanks.
Some people reported me for some crashes in the game. I want to fix them too before releasing a bugfix version. However if it will take too much, i'll just drop an intermediate bugfix version for the item selection issue.
nightwishfan1

Post by nightwishfan1 »

I hear you. That happened with Return of the Hylian as well, though I know you have nothing to do with that port. There is one minor thing I noticed as well in Oni Link Begins. Some vertical tears when playing the game in stretch mode. mostly appears in the game over world. This doesn't happen when it's letter boxed and if it happens in dungeons you can't tell since their black. Though I'm not entirely sure what the tears could be caused by in stretch screen mode.
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

v.1.0.1 ready to download: http://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/265

Fixes the issue causing Item Selection menu to not being rendered.
nightwishfan1

Post by nightwishfan1 »

I had an idea that could help you find a solution to fixing the crash when the last graal in the game is collected, and oni link and link separate. Basically my idea is if you'd like a tester for a series of fix attempts then I'm up for it. If the worse that can happen is a crash and reset of my pstv, then I don't see the harm in testing, and it would help you narrow down what fix to implement when, and if I test one that fixes it.
nightwishfan1

Post by nightwishfan1 »

Hello. Was simply wondering if the bug when collecting the last graal was ever fixed? I haven't seen a great deal about it, and really didn't think about it until Zelda Time to Triumph got ported. So now it's something I been thinking of since I can't complete this game on my pstv with the bug present. Thanks.
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

nightwishfan1 wrote:Hello. Was simply wondering if the bug when collecting the last graal was ever fixed? I haven't seen a great deal about it, and really didn't think about it until Zelda Time to Triumph got ported. So now it's something I been thinking of since I can't complete this game on my pstv with the bug present. Thanks.
Unfortunately i still have no idea why the bug happens. Seems like an heap corruption bug.
Chris_Highwind

Post by Chris_Highwind »

I decided to try playing through the game as normal, and just see if I could get past the 5th graal glitch on the 3DS port, but for some reason, the game will randomly crash out of nowhere. I'm not sure if it's like in the other Zelda ports where it'll crash if you play it for too long, because when OLB crashed, I hadn't played that session as long as I had played ROTH when it crashed. Yet if I go back to the game and go back to the point where it crashed the last time, it won't crash again.
PS3 Super-Slim 500 GB
PS Vita (32 GB Memory Stick): Henkaku Enso 3.60
PS4
nightwishfan1

Post by nightwishfan1 »

Chris_Highwind wrote:I decided to try playing through the game as normal, and just see if I could get past the 5th graal glitch on the 3DS port, but for some reason, the game will randomly crash out of nowhere. I'm not sure if it's like in the other Zelda ports where it'll crash if you play it for too long, because when OLB crashed, I hadn't played that session as long as I had played ROTH when it crashed. Yet if I go back to the game and go back to the point where it crashed the last time, it won't crash again.
The problem I (and I'm sure others) have experienced is that the game doesn't crash anywhere before collecting the 5th graal, which unfortunately defeats trying to get around it by going back to a previous crash point. The collecting of the 5th graal and link and oni link splitting is the only time this particular port crashes. At least for me it seems to. Going back to that point via a save won't get around it either. It just crashes my pstv again. So it's almost pointless til a proper fix is introduced.
Last edited by nightwishfan1 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “HENkaku”