Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] EUCLIOD - Bullet heck game for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Rinnegatamante
VIP

[RELEASE] EUCLIOD - Bullet heck game for PSVITA

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Description:

EUCLIOD is a stylistic bullet heck game with several levels (with support for custom levels too), different kind of enemies and bosses and different playable ships. It also has a difficulty bar so unexperienced player with bullet heck games can start practicing.

The game has been developed by HexZyle for 3DS using lpp-3ds, i ported it to PSVITA (lpp-vita) and did several bugfixes to his code.

Screenshots:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Changelog:
r8:
- First Vita port version.
- Enabled audio code: sounds work perfectly on PSVITA version.
- Several bugfixes in bosses logic being broken due to wrong math calculations.
- Added support to analogs.
- Enhanced mode (444 Mode) will be automatically turned on for PSVITA.
Controls:
- Square: Shoots
- R: Focus Mode (halve movement speed, and uses an alternate weapon)
- Select: Take screenshot (in ux0:/data/EUCLIOD/screenshots)
You can remap the Fire and Focus controls to Cross, Circle, Triangle, Square, L, R in the options menu if you don't like the default.

How to create custom levels:
The game will load from any level named correctly. levelx.dat should be the filename where x is the number with no spacers. The game will state invalid if the file does not exist or if the file does not have "v001" on the first line.
The game will likely crash if you have both these but the syntax in the file is incorrect.

Code: Select all

v001 //add this to the start of every level you make, it won't start without it
|T-000100|en01|T|100
|T-000200|en02|L|050
Every line has to be exactly 20 characters long, in this exact format (my text-parser programming skills suck)
The first 6-digit number is the frame the enemy spawns, if you're not lagging this should be 60 per second.

The second cell is the enemy that's spawning.

- "en01" (Fighter) is the enemy that targets you with bullets
- "en02" (Bomber) is the enemy that sits still and shoots slow bullets directly downwards
- "en03" (Strafer) is the sliding enemy that lays down a curtain
- "en04" (Helix) is the enemy that shoots a helix of bullets and diagonal shots alternatively
- "en05" (Kamikaze) is a slow moving enemy that proceeds down the screen and then detonates into a ring of bullets if not destroyed
- "en06" (Asteroid) is a large object that soaks up player shots. Graphic and direction is deterministic based on the frame it was spawned in
- "en07" (Odin) individual mob. Untested.
- "bo01", "bo02" and "bo03" are the three current bosses, and spawn after a warning is flashed on screen. Note that two bosses cannot be spawned within a short period of eachother. (and probably not even on the same level, this is largely untested)

The third cell is what side of the screen the enemy will enter. Top, Left, or Right. Note that I haven't tested how en03 works when entering from the Top, and I haven't tested how bo01 works when entering from Left or Right. The whole enemy spawning system is really bare-bones at the moment.

The final cell is the coordinate the enemy spawns at. For Top spawning enemies, this number is the X-coordinate they spawn at, (between 0-400 for left-right) and for Left and Right spawning enemies, this is the Y coordinate. (0-240 for top-bottom)

Okay, bored now?

NOTE: On PSVITA version, a rescaler is used so the position values must be multiplied per 2,2666 to get where it will spawn on PSVITA screen with this formula:

Code: Select all

psvita_screen_pos = 3ds_screen_pos * 2,2666 + 27

Instructions:

- Download the Data files and extract it in ux0:/data
- Download the VPK and install it.

Credits:

- HexZyle for this awesome game. I really loved it on 3DS, that's why i decided to port it to PSVITA.
- Flash-Original for doing some custom icons and graphics stuffs for the PSVITA version.

Download:
http://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/263

Original game thread:

I want to leave here also the official 3DS version thread cause i think it's an homebrew that really deserve some attention: http://gbatemp.net/threads/eucliod-a-ho ... ds.419553/

If you're willing to make custom levels, maybe post them even of this thread for 3DS users.
Advertising
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
gnmmarechal

Re: [RELEASE] EUCLIOD - Bullet heck game for PSVITA

Post by gnmmarechal »

Well done, Eucliod is a pretty nice game.
Advertising
NoOne

Post by NoOne »

Why are there black borders on left and right side of the screen?
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

NoOne wrote:Why are there black borders on left and right side of the screen?
Game is using 3DS code cause graphic code is higly hardcoded to work on 3DS screen. It means there's a rescaler that does the conversion from 3DS screen (400x240) to the PSVITA one.

PSVITA and 3DS use different aspect ratio, so i decided to have little borders on the sides of the screen and not stretch the framebuffer making the game uglier.

Atm, EUCLIOD on vita uses a rescaler that does this conversion 400x240 -> 906x544.
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
d@rk51d3

Post by d@rk51d3 »

Cool.

Can't wait to try it out. 8-)
byxenucihe

Post by byxenucihe »

i'ts cool games

Return to “HENkaku”