Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSVShell - An Alternative File Manager for PS VITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Joel16

PSVShell - An Alternative File Manager for PS VITA

Post by Joel16 »

[quote]PSVShell, is an alternative file manager for the PS VITA that heavily resembles the CM File manager found on LineageOS, Android. Unlike my previous project (CyanogenPSP), this project only focuses on the file manager and lets you play music, view pictures, copy/cut/paste files etc. This project is based off of Coldbird's PSP2Shell.[/quote]

Current Version: WIP

[spoiler=More screenshots:]MP3 PlayerImage[/spoiler]

Current features:

- Basic file/folder navigation.
- Ability to search and enter a directory.
- Play MP3 files.
- View pictures. (incomplete)
- ZIP file extraction. (incomplete)
- Cut/Copy files and folders. (near complete)
- File/Folder deletion (near complete)
- Launch apps. (incomplete)

Downloads: none

Source: https://github.com/joel16/PSVShell
Advertising
"Forever in darkness, a guardian devil."
dmaskell92

Re: PSVShell - An Alternative File Manager for PS VITA

Post by dmaskell92 »

This looks cool, I love the GUI
Advertising
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
Joel16

Post by Joel16 »

dmaskell92 wrote:This looks cool, I love the GUI
Thanks. I think I got quite a lot done today, so I may be able to release a test build for this pretty soon. Taking some suggestions as well too, (as long as I like them, or if it's heavily requested).

Progress so far:

- MP3 is working.
- File functions such as delete, cut, copy, new folder, rename is working (both recursive and not recursive).
- Picture viewer is working.
- Search for directory (example: ux0:/data/ takes you into that directory.)
- A few things can be interacted by the touch screen. (This is optional)

Things I need to do:

- Fix the options menu from creating a black background.
- Some minor adjustments to the MP3 player to reduce crashes.

Also some of you may not have guessed, but the little blue bar at the top is your storage bar :p
Screenshot
KawaiiAurora

Post by KawaiiAurora »

Awesome! Really looking forward to it :) Love the GUI and it looks cleaner and simpler than VitaShell which is a plus! Would VPK installation be possible?

Keep it up :)
Joel16

Post by Joel16 »

KawaiiAurora wrote:Awesome! Really looking forward to it :) Love the GUI and it looks cleaner and simpler than VitaShell which is a plus! Would VPK installation be possible?

Keep it up :)
Sure, VPK installation is possible but I don't think I'll be doing that just yet. So far FTP and all file operations are working. Just a few minor glitches, and a music player bug which causes the VITA to crash once the music stops playing. Once I get rid of those bugs, I'll release a test build to make sure everything's working fine. Then I'll try implementing VPK installation, USB etc. Also fun fact: The FTP in PSVShell, seems to be somewhat faster than vitashell's. Maybe it's just the use of dialog's in vitashell (which IMO is actually better in terms of being user friendly) but it also let's you access FTP even after you press the home button :p, as long as you don't close the app entirely of course!
Screenshots
Gallery: Just so you know that top bar with the file name disappears after two seconds. If you touch screen it'll pop up again, and then disappear after two seconds if left untouched :p

There should be a shadow under the pop up, but as I mentioned earlier, the 'glitches'.

FTP enabled.
subhaGamer

Post by subhaGamer »

Please make this app support touchscreen like that in phones :D
Joel16

Post by Joel16 »

subhaGamer wrote:Please make this app support touchscreen like that in phones :D
It's a planned feature. I'll see how it goes.
Gordon`

Post by Gordon` »

Just got it compiled with GCC 7.0.1 after fixing some string overflows and string truncations

works ok, browsing through the directories works. everything looks like you can touch it, like the three dot menu, the address bar, search button. but its only visual.
tried to play a mp3 file and it worked until i touched the stop button. then the screen was frozen and had to reboot.
when i press start on an item the action dialog opens and the file list is flickering in the background. the highlighting of the options in the action dialog is nearly not noticeable, a darker color would be better or less transparency

ftp server works fine

still very incomplete, but good job on the gui. looks very good. looking forward to see updates :)
Joel16

Post by Joel16 »

Gordon` wrote:Just got it compiled with GCC 7.0.1 after fixing some string overflows and string truncations

works ok, browsing through the directories works. everything looks like you can touch it, like the three dot menu, the address bar, search button. but its only visual.
tried to play a mp3 file and it worked until i touched the stop button. then the screen was frozen and had to reboot.
when i press start on an item the action dialog opens and the file list is flickering in the background. the highlighting of the options in the action dialog is nearly not noticeable, a darker color would be better or less transparency

ftp server works fine

still very incomplete, but good job on the gui. looks very good. looking forward to see updates :)
There is actually some transparency with the options, but the flickering issue is making it hard to see. And yes currently most of the touch screen things don't work. However one button does, and that's the search button (also the pause/play button in MP3 player). It basically asks you to enter a directory path, and takes you there (if it exists). All the file operations like cut/copy, delete, new folder and rename is working too. Just need to fix that flickering bug, and make more use of the touch screen and that MP3 issue is also holding me back as well. It works fine if you pause/play and stuff but if you press back (circle) it triggers a crash.
Once I get rid of these issues addressed above, I'll be good to start releasing test builds. Currently scrolling via touch screen hasn't been implemented but it's definitely a planned feature! Thanks for taking your time out to report on this.
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

Given enough updates I could easily see myself dropping VitaShell for PSVShell, or maybe running the two in parallel. I'm a big fan of things that look "pretty" I am a artist before everything after-all.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD

Return to “HENkaku”