Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSV VSH Menu - [taiHEN]

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Joel16

Re: Ultimate VSH Menu - [Tai-hen]

Post by Joel16 »

Ultimate VSH menu is a plugin that was originally developed by Total_Noob for the PSP as a replacement VSH menu with better functionality. This tai-hen plugin aims to do the same. As of now there isn't much it can do, but it'll surely be updated to do more. I created this not only for nostalgic feeling of the beloved PSP scene <3 but also to make use of Tai-hen since there aren't many plugins compared to the PSP.
Current Version: 2.0

More screenshots
Features list and instructions can be found on README.md.

Button combo to bring up the plugin: (L + R + Start) - Smoke's suggestion.

Download: https://github.com/joel16/PSV-VSH-Menu/releases
Advertising
Last edited by Joel16 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Forever in darkness, a guardian devil."
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: PSV VSH Menu - [Tai-hen]

Post by fate6 »

I really hope this ends up matching what the PSP VSH menu could do, always wondered why something like this was never made for the PS3 or any other system for that matter.

Gud Lak!?!1
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Joel16

Post by Joel16 »

fate6 wrote:I really hope this ends up matching what the PSP VSH menu could do, always wondered why something like this was never made for the PS3 or any other system for that matter.

Gud Lak!?!1
Yeah the point is to try and make this similar to Ultimate VSH Menu by TN. Sadly some functions aren't accessible due to certain restrictions. If someone does RE SceSchell, we could bring more functionality to it and make this run on SceShell instead.

Also I thought there was one for PS3, I did remember seeing something like that back in PSX-Place.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Joel16 wrote:Also I thought there was one for PS3, I did remember seeing something like that back in PSX-Place.
Looks like one was made but it didn't get any traction, Oh well.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
mickael28

Post by mickael28 »

>> Button combo to bring up the plugin: (L + R + Start) - Smoke's suggestion.

I installed it and copied the suprx file and modified the config.txt but when I click L+R+Start on Adrenaline nothing happens, and if I click Select I still see the Adrenaline VHS menu. Do I need to do anything else for this to be triggered?
Joel16

Post by Joel16 »

mickael28 wrote:>> Button combo to bring up the plugin: (L + R + Start) - Smoke's suggestion.

I installed it and copied the suprx file and modified the config.txt but when I click L+R+Start on Adrenaline nothing happens, and if I click Select I still see the Adrenaline VHS menu. Do I need to do anything else for this to be triggered?
Heh I don't see why you'd want to run it on Adrenaline, however are you using this under *ALL?

Because I tried under the specific title which adrenaline runs under and that works, however the button input gets kinda scr..ed. It seems like old_pad fails to register and the VSH menu gets harder to navigate.
beater0001

Post by beater0001 »

has anyone been able to use this with retroarch? Those cpu/gpu clock change is really useful for it but I cant bring up the menu
Joel16

Post by Joel16 »

Release v1.1 is up.
  • Added a config to successfully store and load values once the module has been started.
  • Added VSH Menu bg colours for minimal customization. (Just like Ultimate VSH Menu for PSP)
  • Added "Launch program" tab which allows you to quick launch VitaShell or Settings app. I plan to make this option more 'adoptable' later. Say loading list of apps from an external file or so.
  • Added a battery percentage toggle. (Basically the same as batteryPercent plugin)
  • And finally, clock states are now saved into config and will be restored once the plugin has been started.
  • Minor clean-up.

https://github.com/joel16/PSV-VSH-Menu/releases

Happy Thanksgiving!
Joel16

Re: PSV VSH Menu - [taiHEN]

Post by Joel16 »

Version 2.0 is finally here!

As of version 2.0 and above you will require a dependency plugin to be always enabled. (a modified (lighter) version of kuio.skprx is provided. KUIO was originally developed by Rinnegatamante) -- Instructions are on the bottom of the README.md.
  • Fixed empty config files with Cart/PSN games. This fixes the issue where things were not able to be modified under many games.
  • Fix clock states not being properly saved when clock state was the only thing modified.
  • Reload config when button combo is entered.
  • VITABattery's fully integrated as a toggle. You can now toggle battery percent, hours remaining and temp.
  • Quick launcher now has 5 modifiable slots. (Once the launcher.cfg file is generated in ur0:/data/vsh/launcher.cfg, feel free to change the title and title IDS to your preference. Keep in mind you can't use spaces for the title's name and you can't go above 5 (0-4) slots in the meantime.)
  • Major src clean up.
The button combo to open the VSH menu is: L + R + START

More screenshots

Download: https://github.com/joel16/PSV-VSH-Menu/ ... s/tag/1.20
andoryuu3

Re: Ultimate VSH Menu - [Tai-hen]

Post by andoryuu3 »

Joel16 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:05 pm Also to anyone who may be viewing this, please don't use *ALL for this plugin, for some reason causes issues when loading any type of homebrew according to one user.

Of course if you do get into this situation, reinstall henkaku and hold R so that it may reset the config.txt. I have finals next week so I can't really work on this until after.
Is this still a problem with versions 2.0 and above? As you may have guessed, I'm asking because I have a system on 3.65 and reinstalling HENkaku doesn't seem to be an option.

EDIT: I assume it is no longer an issue as the readme for the latest version instructs you to use *ALL

Anyway, just wanted to say fantastic work. However I did run into a small bug that I'm not sure how to reproduce...

For some reason PSV VSH Menu did not properly generate the configuration files in ur0:data/vsh/ ... they were folders with .cfg appended to the end of the folder name instead of files. I manually had to delete them and relaunch PSV VSH Menu, then the .cfg files were made properly. Until I did that, it was impossible to change the color of the PSV VSH Menu. Pressing the left and right directional buttons did nothing, or it would flash quickly to the green color and then back to red almost immediately.

As for a feature request, do you think you could implement a feature where we can change what is considered "default" for clock speeds? For the majority of the apps/games I have I want the clock speed set to the highest setting. Implementing a feature like this could potentially replace oclockvitaminimal (which is unknown to work on 3.65, hence why I shifted to PSV VSH Menu) in terms of functionality.

Possible ideas on how to accomplish this could either be a setting in the main config file, or have an DEFAULT.cfg file somewhere. Maybe in the titles folder? Then when a config file doesn't exist for the title that's launched, it can inherit the values from DEFAULT.cfg.

I realize in this situation I would have to delete the config files for titles I've already launched and ran PSV VSH Menu on to reset the values, but that's not much of a hassle IMO. I'm just setting up a 3.65 PSTV for a friend and don't know what they're going to be playing, but I want the experience to be the best possible for them.

Return to “HENkaku”