Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Content Manager and 3.60 Tai Henkaku

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Satoshi_Matrix

Content Manager and 3.60 Tai Henkaku

Post by Satoshi_Matrix »

For the past several months since Sony blocked PSN access on 3.60 via henkaku, I've been using my PS3 to download PS+ games and Vita games I wanted that were on sale, and then transferred them to my Vita with the official Content Manager app, as well as to back up games I don't have room for on my computer with Content Manager.

I'm still running 3.60 and have tai henkaku which reports my Vita as firmware 3.63, but now it seems Content Manager no longer works, as it asks me to update the firmware even though I'm actively running haihenkaku to enable Adrenaline.

Is there currently any way around this or am I just stuck for the time being?
Advertising
ACViper

Re: Content Manager and 3.60 Tai Henkaku

Post by ACViper »

Use Qcma. Make sure your ps vita is in airplane mode.
Advertising
ma16v3

Post by ma16v3 »

CMA works fine on the current revision of HENkaku. Make sure you're spoofing the current version, 3.63.

I'm still using it because QCMA cannot detect or load music playlists and my Vita is how I survive long road trips.
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

If you're talking about having trouble connecting to the PS3, make sure you do as the people above mentioned and place your vita in airplane mode first and connect to CMA/QCMA on PC. Once connected unplug the USB from your computer without closing CMA on vita and do not click the OK message on the screen. Plug the cable into the PS3, click ok, and now click connect to PS3. This should work without asking for an update.
OperationNT

Post by OperationNT »

Another thing, you need to fully reboot your PS Vita to make it forget there is an update.
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

I personally use VitaUpdateBlocker on my PC, enter proxy settings on my Vita, and then reboot the Vita after saving the new proxy settings.

You can then connect to QCMA over WiFi or USB without annoying update prompts or Airplane mode.

There is a trick involved with the PS3, the process is something like connect to Qcma, unplug, and plug into the PS3. I will Google for you and try to find the method in its entirety.

"3. Connect your PS Vita with your PC via Open CMA.
4. Remove the Vitas USB cable and plug it on to your PS3 (Leave the usb still plugged into the port thats on the Vita.) (Dont close out the error message if you get one, until its plugged into the PS3)
5. Copy exploit game (or other content) on to your Vita."
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
Satoshi_Matrix

Post by Satoshi_Matrix »

HarmfulMushroom, are you sure about that>

I just checked again.

1. Turned my Vita completely off.
2. Turned my Vita on
3. As soon as it booted, accessed the web browser.
4. Successfully launched tai henkaku, which allows adrenaline to boot and other homebrew
5. Launched Content Manager.

As soon as content manager launches - BEFORE I can even get the option to plug it into the PS3 - it prmpts to upgrade the firmware or cancel the whole app.

So it would seem that Sony has now newly done something to block Content Manager even after spoofing 3.63.

What can I do about this?
Satoshi_Matrix

Post by Satoshi_Matrix »

I should add, what I really want to do is gain access to PSN directly through my PS Vita. The reason I'd been using my PS3 and Content Manager was to transfer PS+ games and those I bought from my PS3 onto my Vita. Now apparently Content Manager no longer works.

Is there a way to gain access to PSN from a Vita running 3.60?
ma16v3

Post by ma16v3 »

Satoshi_Matrix wrote:I should add, what I really want to do is gain access to PSN directly through my PS Vita. The reason I'd been using my PS3 and Content Manager was to transfer PS+ games and those I bought from my PS3 onto my Vita. Now apparently Content Manager no longer works.

Is there a way to gain access to PSN from a Vita running 3.60?
At present time, no there is not. There might not be a way for some time.
Satoshi_Matrix

Post by Satoshi_Matrix »

Just thought I'd check in again nearly five months later...

Has there been any progress in this? Is there any way to gain access to PSN from a Vita running 3.60 now? I'm considering buying another Vita entirely so I can access PSN without losing Henkaku on my current Vita.

Return to “HENkaku”