HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
#415792 by xerpi
Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:51 pm
Hi guys! So after a lot of reverse engineering the Vita's Bluetooth module, I've finally managed to get a Wiimote connected to the Vita. That requires patching a function in SceBt, otherwise the Vita rejects it.

I've built an skprx that does the patching plus it hooks SceCtrl functions and replaces the pad data with the data read from the Wiimote 8-)

You can find it here: https://github.com/xerpi/viimote/releases

Enable the plugin:
  • Add viimote.skprx to taiHEN's config (ux0:/tai/config.txt):
    Code: Select all*KERNEL
    ux0:tai/viimote.skprx
  • You need to refresh the config.txt by rebooting or through VitaShell.

First time using it (aka pairing):
  • Go to Setting -> Devices -> Bluetooth Devices
  • Press 1+2 (SYNC won't work) on the Wiimote during 2 seconds
  • The Wiimote will pair and connect automatically (don't press over it when it appears)

Using it after pairing it:
  • You simply need to press any button (instead of pressing 1+2) to connect it to the Vita.

Supported extensions:
  • Nunchuk
  • Classic Controller

Note: If you use Mai, don't put the plugin inside ux0:/plugins because Mai will load all stuff you put in there...
Advertising
Last edited by xerpi on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:23 am, edited 7 times in total.
#415793 by noname120
Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:57 pm
Awesome work!
Advertising
#415797 by ShrineFox
Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:26 pm
I can see myself using this, nice job! Any chance anybody can do this for the Wii U pro controller too? I was disappointed when my mayflash adapter worked for the PS3 but not the PSTV. The advantage it has over the Wiimote is the same buttons as a Dualshock controller and rechargable batteries.
#415806 by xerpi
Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:49 pm
Version beta 3 is out!!

Code: Select allAdded Bluetooth pairing:
You first need to connect the Wiimote by pressing the SYNC button instead of 1+2, once whe connection is established, the Wiimote will be paired, and if you power it off, you simply need to press any button (instead of pressing SYNC or 1+2) to connect it to the Vita.

https://github.com/xerpi/viimote/releases
#415813 by fate6
Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:07 pm
Xerpi..... Xbox One pads.... ;_;
The newest version of them have BT so hey might be possible? tho its not HID so I assume it would be far too much trouble.