Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] UAE4ALL2 by CPASJUSTE - mod to fix pixel wobble

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Typhoon_Neon

Re: [RELEASE] UAE4ALL2 by CPASJUSTE - mod to fix pixel wobbl

Post by Typhoon_Neon »

rsn8887 wrote:New release v 1.26, pull request made, first thread updated.

https://github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases

- virtual keyboard transparency is now adjustable (START+dpad left/right)
- fixed bug in virtual keyboard initialization where the keyboard send an endless string of ' symbols on boot up before it was first opened
You're running me ragged man! You push updates faster than I can keep up with! Great job!
Advertising
If you like my articles on the front page you can always check out the archive check out the archive and I have a Twitter too!
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

New release on http://www.github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases (original post updated)

Changelog

- implemented three fully mappable custom configs, configurable in controls menu. Quick switch between them using "L+Start"
- allow the "other joystick" to be mapped in custom controls to the Dpad or any buttons. This only works if ports is not set to "both". Works great for Llamatron in dual joystick mode!

- virtual keyboard transparency adjust now toggles between four values, two of which cause zero slow-down when keyboard is displayed.
- resolution/zoom quick switch with R+Start+Dpad left/right is now more responsive

- Allow menu quit from within sub-menus using 'select'

- updated autocentering of analog sticks so that both sticks are always auto-centered, not just the one that controls the mouse

- Changed controls. The virtual keyboard is too useful to put it on an obscure combo. Start Button now toggles the virtual keyboard. When keyboard is active, right analog stick then controls the keyboard's vertical position and transparency. When keyboard is off, use R+Start+Dpad to move screen up and down and to quick switch between common resolutions. This used to be just Start+Dpad. Now it is R+Start+Dpad.

- bugfix: the virtual keyboard sometimes sent joystick button presses to the emulator when selecting keys. This has been fixed.

- virtual keyboard hotkeys added, square = backspace, triangle = toggle shift
- virtual keyboard controls are now more responsive
Advertising
Typhoon_Neon

Post by Typhoon_Neon »

I seem to have an issue that wasn't there at 1.26. Everytime I try to play Portal now, it just gets stuck at the KS screen showing this:

And doesn't move from here... so I can't play. I already tried removing and reinstalling the emulator. Any ideas?
If you like my articles on the front page you can always check out the archive check out the archive and I have a Twitter too!
dandare

Post by dandare »

Ive only got the whdload of portal and that works fine on the new version, I highly recommend to get the best out of this emulator is to:

create a .hdf file on your pc using http://www.winuae.net/ emulator,
install http://classicwb.abime.net/index.htm ,
you will need kickstarts and workbench adfs, once that is complete you will have a bootable hdf file that you can use in UAE4ALL2,

Then grab Whdload installs from here http://kg.whdownload.com/kgwhd/ , put what games you want in a folder and copy to you vita, input the folder details in the emulator and it will appear on your workbench screen,

When you want to exit a game use the quit key which is shown as the game loads, normaly f10 or * this will then bring you back to your workbench, I currently have this setup with a 3 gig folder full of preinstalled amiga games.

All in all getting to be a very smooth handheld Amiga experience so far.
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

I can boot disks in df0: here. You can see what is happening if you turn Status Ln "on" in "More Options". When you reboot, a bright green light depicts disc access. The number on the green light shows the disk sector. Usually it goes to 00, then 40 as the Amiga tries to boot the disk. Then it should stay bright and show different numbers as the Amiga loads the disk.

A bright blue light HD Access (try to NOT use HDF booting at the same time as disk boot and see if it helps). The red light and number shows fps (around 50fps). The grey number is cpu usage (always 100 it is adaptive).

The only things I can think of

- you have a hdf or hdf dir selected and BOOT is set to one of those. Set BOOT to off in the "Harddisk and Memory options" and reboot with "R".

- your disk .adf file might have become corrupted. Try to upload a new version to the Vita, and see if it works. It CAN in principle corrupt files if the emu is quit using PS button when it is writing and NOT displaying the menu.

- something weird might be going on with your config. Delete or rename (backup) your config in ux0:/data/uae4all/config/uae4all.config , and try again: select the A500 system, select your disk in df0:, hit R to reset). A lot has changed in the config file recently. Old configs might not be compatible with new releases.

- I concur with previous post. WHDLoad is so much nicer (PM sent).

New release now with true hi-res support, e.g. showing every pixel on 640*256 WB. Just select "Preset Width = 640" in the display menu to try it out.

http://www.github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases

Changelog

- hires support (e.g. 640*256), switchable in display menu. (Select a screen mode with "640" as width in the first option of the display menu, and the Workbench will be rendered with every pixel. A width of "320" reverts back to old behavior.)
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

New release (original post updated), support for multiple hdf's.

- now upto four hdf files can be mounted. From my own testing, it looks like 2 Gb is the hdf size limit. Geometry for each file can be changed by manually editing the config file, default is sectors:surfaces:reserved:blocksize=32:1:2:512 for files <1 GB, 32:2:2:512 for files <1Gb and 32:4:2:512 for files >2Gb. Only files <=2 Gb seem to work.
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

BTW: Typhoon_Neon, you should try to play portal in hires mode, since this is one of the few games that make use of it. Just go to display and on the top set it to 640. Then adjust the number of lines as needed to.

The font will be much clearer.

EDIT: New release see first post

- improved contrast of virtual keyboard overlays (thanks to ScHlAuChi for new images)
- added option to choose between US, UK and German virtual keyboard overlay (thanks to ScHlAuChi for new images)

- full support for up to 4 controllers on Vita TV that can be fully mapped individually
- filelists (adf, hdf, etc) are now sorted alphabetically with directories at the top
- added option to turn off mouse emulation because it often interferes with second player (port 0 joystick) when playing multiplayer on the Vita TV
- added option to turn on sprite-sprite collisions, useful for Spacetaxi 3
- changed blitter default to "immediate" it seems to be more compatible

added two player support on Vita TV, second paired Dualshock controller controls the 'other' joystick, only works if port is not set to 'both'
fixed a crash bug when changing audio parameters while sound was playing

- assembler optimizations by Cpasjuste, emulator is faster now!

- disabled the menu entries 'screenwidth' and 'stylus offset' that did nothing on the Vita. To show the borders in overscan games like Settlers, simply use the menu option 'Preset Width' and set it to >320 for lores, (or >640 for hires). There are choices 352, 384, 704 and 768 that cover the full overscan range.

- fix sound setting changes not being applied until restart
- fix sound distortion for stereo separation settings 0 (mono) and 25%

- added stereo separation setting to select between 0 (mono) 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% (stereo, default, original Amiga sound)
- added the blitter options 'normal, immediate, and improved' default is 'normal.' Might help with some games

- some fixes to savestates. Now savestates work even with no disk inserted in df0. Savestate file name is now the first available name among df0, boot-hd, hdf2, hdf3, hdf4, df1, df2, df3.

-added measures to prevent file corruption: Disabled PS button because it caused corruption of hdf files; display a warning about file corruption if the Amiga is writing to hdf while the user tries to exit the program
-fix hdf size checking
-fixed up some menu text
-adjusted quickswitch screenmodes by two pixels
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

So pretty much all the changes and enhancements ScHlAuChi and I came up with have now been made to the emulator. A latest new release is here http://www.github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases

- fix improved analog deadzone (broken in last release)

- improved analog mouse deadzone (radial and scaled)

I would urge everyone to report bugs etc. as "Issues" on my GitHub. It will make it easier to track and fix them in the future.
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

Minor update released:

- more choices for setting mouse speeds in steps of 0.25 now

- a button can be mapped to "slow mouse" in custom controls. When custom controls are on and that button is held down, the mouse pointer speed is greatly reduced. This is useful for precisely positioning the cursor.
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

New update released, pull request to Cpasjuste's repo made.

- support for Bluetooth keyboard and mouse added. The Vita doesn't pair with all Bluetooth keyboard/mouse combos. As a rule, if the keyboard works to highlight bubbles with cursor keys, it should also work in UAE4All. Mouse + keyboard tested working with the "Jelly Comb Mini Bluetooth Keyboard With Mouse Touchpad, ASIN:B06Y56BBYP." The Amiga keys are mapped to Windows (GUI) keys as well as Page Up/Down.

NOTE: For about 5 minutes, I accidentally uploaded an older version .vpk up on GitHub. I immediately fixed it, but if you downloaded it before this NOTE appeared, please re-download and re-install.

Return to “HENkaku”