Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

How to stop bricking vitas, IDEA!! Programmers/Devs needed!!

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
P3T3

How to stop bricking vitas, IDEA!! Programmers/Devs needed!!

Post by P3T3 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:31 am

I see it as simple as this..
What they are doing is calling for OS0 to be mounted along with OS0:KD and VS0, so for most STD users do not need access to this, and no need to mount for R/W access, no R/W access no way to brick!!
We need a vpk app or some kind mod that blocks for these partions being mounted for R/W, perfect for for none devs, simple but workable, im not a programmer and this is why I will post this for some one that can WIP it up ;)
Shore a few people will be thinking the same as me, it been going round in my head for a few day but would not know where to start on the VITA!!
Advertising

clienthax

Re: How to stop bricking vitas, IDEA!! Programmers/Devs need

Post by clienthax » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:35 am

We already have safe mod that stops this, the problem is people ignore the warnings..
Advertising

Traace

Post by Traace » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:25 pm

Yeah, a small permissions system would be nice. Leave the system partitions read-only. But let room for an option to change it to Read/Write if its really needed. I image something like the following dialog

"*NameOfTheAPP*.vpk is trying to mount *partitionname* for read/write access" and then some buttons like "Agree" "Disagree"

Of cause if u disagree, it wouldn't mount these read/write and stop the vpk installation with a error.

Such system could be implement via a new HENkaku Version.

thebudds

Post by thebudds » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:38 pm

P3T3 wrote:I see it as simple as this..
What they are doing is calling for OS0 to be mounted along with OS0:KD and VS0, so for most STD users do not need access to this, and no need to mount for R/W access, no R/W access no way to brick!!
We need a vpk app or some kind mod that blocks for these partions being mounted for R/W, perfect for for none devs, simple but workable, im not a programmer and this is why I will post this for some one that can WIP it up ;)
Shore a few people will be thinking the same as me, it been going round in my head for a few day but would not know where to start on the VITA!!
Also, you need to read up on the forum rules as well...

[READ THIS] Requests are not allowed on this Forum!
viewtopic.php?f=116&t=46474

POST YOUR HENKAKU [REQUESTS] IN THE SUPPORT SECTION
viewtopic.php?f=116&t=46596

Also, as others said... this is not needed as long as the users download from legit sources such as the devs itself and like others said Henkaku comes with a warning to the user to be wary of installing any old vpk package you might find.

*PSA* Only download and install VPKs from trusted sources

Locking this topic

Return to “HENkaku”