HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
#413944 by sudovim
Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:55 pm
So after InnocentSam said he didn't have time to work on the port of KS to PSV anymore cus of university stuff I started working with him to try finishing it. I ended up porting the entirety of Monday to Sunday and it works pretty well in Love2D (PC/Mac/Linux) but have not tested much on the Vita itself.

Please note that this is a very early release and bugs are gonna be there; please report them here so I can fix them (or I send them to sam because its an engine problem...)

DOWNLOAD

How to play
  • Transfer VPK to Vita however you like
  • Install however you like (safe homebrew)
  • Run!

Controls
Triangle - Exit
Cross - Next line
Start - Load game
Square - Save game
R trigger - Skip dialogue (buggy, use in bursts and be prepared for crash/freeze)

Known bugs
  • Places that have 3 decisions only have two (waiting for InnocentSam to add support to March22)
  • Occasional random crash- save often!

Upcoming features
  • The rest of the story
  • Multiple languages

Changelog
Code: Select allv0.11 - Hotfix
    * Fixed missing resources (hppefully)
    * Fixed skip dialogue/debug buttons

v0.1 - First release
    * First release!

Credits

Preview
(sorry i forgot to take screenshots often so these are all i have! please post your own!)
Advertising
#413946 by fate6
Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:18 pm
PixelButts wrote:I never asked for these feels.

None of us did pix ;_;
#413949 by fate6
Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:33 pm
sudovim wrote:yay!

Give me a sec and i'll make you the OP for the thread so you can keep updates organized.
Also yes much yay!

EDIT: The dark deed is done 0_0
#414018 by fk1995
Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:47 am
Wow! this is really incredible. I never thought that Ren'Py can be port to Vita via love2d! Great work, I am curious how you reimplemented Ren'Py's system on love2d. If possible, could you briefly talk about your approach and what did you do to accomplish that. Many thanks!
#414030 by sudovim
Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:23 am
fk1995 wrote:Wow! this is really incredible. I never thought that Ren'Py can be port to Vita via love2d! Great work, I am curious how you reimplemented Ren'Py's system on love2d. If possible, could you briefly talk about your approach and what did you do to accomplish that. Many thanks!

I'll let InnocentSam answer this since he's the one who wrote the engine/sdk :mrgreen: All i'm doing is improving his codebase for the port
#414036 by InnocentSam
Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:17 pm
fk1995 wrote:Wow! this is really incredible. I never thought that Ren'Py can be port to Vita via love2d! Great work, I am curious how you reimplemented Ren'Py's system on love2d. If possible, could you briefly talk about your approach and what did you do to accomplish that. Many thanks!

If you take a look at the March22-Lua sdk folder, you'll see the code for RPYtoLua, which algorithmically parses RPY script into M22 Lua script. A lot of it was recycled from my RPYtoEBook converter, just with a better algo for recognizing decisions and such (since Python does parenthesis via indentation... whoever thought this was a good idea should die).

Love2D doesn't touch the Vita at all; it's simply used for running the same project on PC (with a very small amount of modification, such as text size/line width) for either debugging or multi-platform support.

Lets say you wanted to exit the game. In March22/script, you'd call "System.exit()", as per lpp-vita standards. When run on Vita, this works out of the box since it's built using lpp-vita. On PC, it just acts as a middle-man for the Love2D exit function, because Lua is pretty good at function overriding :)

Hopefully this clarifies some bits!
#414037 by fk1995
Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:00 pm
Thanks! I am now wondering any possibility of running other RenPy games on vita . Will look into it and try to work out something. I am a experienced RenPy programmer but new to love2d(tho have known it for long). Anyway,thx man you really rock!