Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] SDLPoP-Vita, a port of Prince of Persia for Vita

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
usineur

[RELEASE] SDLPoP-Vita, a port of Prince of Persia for Vita

Post by usineur »

Hi everyone,

last days I wrote a port of SDLPoP, an open source rewriting of Prince of Persia, for Vita.

You can find everything you need to install and run it here: https://github.com/usineur/SDLPoP-Vita/ ... g/vita-1.0

And I made a little video of this port in action:
Hope you enjoy it,
usineur
Advertising
Typhoon_Neon

Re: [RELEASE] SDLPoP-Vita, a port of Prince of Persia for Vi

Post by Typhoon_Neon »

I saw your post on GBATemp. There will be an article on the frontpage today or tomorrow :P It's already written an awaiting review. Great work!
Advertising
If you like my articles on the front page you can always check out the archive check out the archive and I have a Twitter too!
law56kerx

Post by law56kerx »

nice contribution!
cpasjuste

Post by cpasjuste »

Hi,

Unfortunately for me (or us), i did also port it to the vita. I'm a little sad as i did hold the release because i submitted it to the contest, which gave you the opportunity to spread yours around the world (i think you did a rush on this after you posted a comment on my github). I do also think that my port is better but well... that's not the point :)

I don't want to be rude, you didn't rip off someone else, you did your job and it's a good thing.
Z80

Post by Z80 »

cpasjuste wrote:Hi,

Unfortunately for me (or us), i did also port it to the vita. I'm a little sad as i did hold the release because i submitted it to the contest, which gave you the opportunity to spread yours around the world (i think you did a rush on this after you posted a comment on my github). I do also think that my port is better but well... that's not the point :)

I don't want to be rude, you didn't rip off someone else, you did your job and it's a good thing.
LOL - Unfortunately for me you did something similar with opentyrian port , i had work on it for some weeks and released POC here before even you submit it to gekihen contest :roll: ...
cpasjuste

Post by cpasjuste »

Z80 wrote:
cpasjuste wrote:Hi,

LOL - Unfortunately for me you did something similar with opentyrian port , i had work on it for some weeks and released POC here before even you submit it to gekihen contest :roll: ...
I think this is not true, once again it was already submitted to the contest, but it took them a few days (like with prince of Persia) to make it public. Also I think you had a problem as you didn't provided source code.
Z80

Post by Z80 »

cpasjuste wrote: I think this is not true, once again it was already submitted to the contest, but it took them a few days (like with prince
of Persia) to make it public. Also I think you had a problem as you didn't provided source code.
doesnt matter but i release same day as you 15/09/2016 but released WIP 12.09. as you can see viewtopic.php?f=116&t=46738#p412656 but worked on this from middle august ... no problem for me enjoy you port and possible gekinhen prizze :)
usineur

Post by usineur »

Version 1.3 is out !

Full rebase with last features of SDLPoP original project and some effort on aspect ratios.

Consult this page for more informations: https://github.com/usineur/SDLPoP-Vita/ ... g/vita-1.3

So, if you don't like "stretched pixels", take a look at the "Customization" section. :)

Return to “HENkaku”