Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Q] Possibility of PSM Dev Unity

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
xTeare

[Q] Possibility of PSM Dev Unity

Post by xTeare » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:53 pm

Hey mates,

is there any way to get PSM Unity work (Mine says its expired).
I mean we have kernel access. And im wondering if there is a way of getting PSM Unity working so we can start making homebrews with Unity.
Advertising

Zafotheninja

Re: [Q] Possibility of PSM Dev Unity

Post by Zafotheninja » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:33 pm

Yeah its a common bug, Yah00 and gm@il are not working with the vita email app. the workaround is to use another email on the vita and forward the activation files from the old email to the new one.

You can get the details here: psmplus/

Also, Rejuvenate is for older firmware, if you really want to get started making homebrew I suggest building it for Henkaku. you can get started with that here: https://henkaku.xyz/developer/

Edit: Ah! if you mean running PSM on 3.60 then, No not without downgrading/HFW. Also why? PSM has less access to resources. (You also have the problem of PSM dev not being on the PSN anymore.)

If you really wanted to program in Unity then it is probably possible to port a unity engine over and run your unity code through it.
Advertising
If I come off as an ***, I'm sorry, I don't mean to 87.6% of the time.

DS_Marine
Developer

Post by DS_Marine » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:23 pm

Zafotheninja wrote:Edit: Ah! if you mean running PSM on 3.60 then, No not without downgrading/HFW. Also why? PSM has less access to resources. (You also have the problem of PSM dev not being on the PSN anymore.)

If you really wanted to program in Unity then it is probably possible to port a unity engine over and run your unity code through it.
Yep you completely missed the point the first time. And let me give you a couple of reasons:
You develop some unity app. It may run on pc, ios, android...doesn't make sense to recode it for the vita, if it could run with minor changes.
Unity is very user friendly, graphical, and WYSIWYG, you can test changes on the pc in a few seconds, and it's useable by a wider crowd.
So yeah, it would be good to have it working.
Not being in the psn I think is not accurate, yesterday I downloaded an update for it, from psn. Maybe the app block could be removed with some help from Yifan...
ImagePSP-Controlled drone
"Hackers don't have superpowers. Just a hackable PSP and a brain (ships by default on most humans models)" - A famous guy

Zafotheninja

Post by Zafotheninja » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:54 pm

DS_Marine wrote: Yep you completely missed the point the first time. And let me give you a couple of reasons:
You develop some unity app. It may run on pc, ios, android...doesn't make sense to recode it for the vita, if it could run with minor changes.
Unity is very user friendly, graphical, and WYSIWYG, you can test changes on the pc in a few seconds, and it's useable by a wider crowd.
So yeah, it would be good to have it working.
Not being in the psn I think is not accurate, yesterday I downloaded an update for it, from psn. Maybe the app block could be removed with some help from Yifan...
Hah! well my bad. I just remembered PSM was a pkg, new users should have no problem installing it. As far as running it though, it seems like it's some kind of blacklist, so maybe, but if unblacklisting/unpatching was easy somebody probably would have unpatched all the psp exploits by now.

I see what your saying, but as far as I can tell, running PSM again is going to need fw mods/HFW/downgrade. So as I said before, depending on how cautious you are about fw mods, it might be easier to just port over a Unity Engine for henkaku then it would to unblacklist PSM.
If I come off as an ***, I'm sorry, I don't mean to 87.6% of the time.

Return to “HENkaku”