HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
#412319 by Akula
Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:28 am
EDIT 12-09-2016: I've modded the 20th Anniversary Duke Voice into the Vita version, check below!

So I noticed that the structure in the app folder involved the .def and .grp files. I figured it'd be worth trying to install the High Resolution Pack. It sort of worked. The problem was the game was very choppy, and several of the assets were misplaced on the hud. However, this does open the option to mod Duke Nukem 3D, so long as the mods can run without eDuke32, such as any mods for the Steam version.
Advertising
Last edited by Akula on Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
#415577 by Akula
Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:28 am
So, after some testing I have a mod that (should) work for everyone. After playing the 20th Anniversary Edition of Duke Nukem, I liked how Jon St john re-recorded all the original lines with (obviously) better quality, and I wanted it in other Duke Nukem ports. eDuke32 was easy, so I decided to mod the PS Vita version, and after much trial and error, I have the mod working.
Now, due to the forums policy on "warez" I don't think I can post the already packaged duke3d.grp file, but I believe I can post a link to the audio files and tell you how to do them yourself.

1.) Download the audio files here: https://mega.nz/#!mZsGzbbI!g8_NF3SzGNkQ ... rIaPhtJmnM
and extract them to a temporary folder on your PC

2.) Download the Group File Studio here: http://dukertcm.com/knowledge-base/down ... /gfs31.zip

3.) You'll need to get a duke3d.grp file, I pulled mine from the Steam Megaton Edition, but you can also grab it with VitaShell and a FTP client, such as FileZilla. The duke3d.grp file will be located in "/ux0:/app/PCSB00437/Game" on your Vita.

4.) Open the duke3d.grp file with Group File Studio, and right-click on the "Sound Files" section, then click "Insert Files". Navigate to your temporary folder, and using Ctrl-A or shift-click, select all of the .voc files you extracted in the first step, and click OK. Now, it will ask you if you want to replace the files already in the .grp file one by one, so you'll need to click Yes for each, however, it doesn't take that long. After you have finished inserting the files, click save and wait for the process to complete.

5.) Once that's done, send the duke3d.grp file over to your Vita using the FTP client and VitaFile to "/ux0:/app/PCSB00437/Game", and enjoy the new better quality voice of Duke Nukem!
#415643 by Typhoon_Neon
Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:33 pm
Akula wrote:So, after some testing I have a mod that (should) work for everyone. After playing the 20th Anniversary Edition of Duke Nukem, I liked how Jon St john re-recorded all the original lines with (obviously) better quality, and I wanted it in other Duke Nukem ports. eDuke32 was easy, so I decided to mod the PS Vita version, and after much trial and error, I have the mod working.
Now, due to the forums policy on "warez" I don't think I can post the already packaged duke3d.grp file, but I believe I can post a link to the audio files and tell you how to do them yourself.

1.) Download the audio files here: https://mega.nz/#!mZsGzbbI!g8_NF3SzGNkQ ... rIaPhtJmnM
and extract them to a temporary folder on your PC

2.) Download the Group File Studio here: http://dukertcm.com/knowledge-base/down ... /gfs31.zip

3.) You'll need to get a duke3d.grp file, I pulled mine from the Steam Megaton Edition, but you can also grab it with VitaShell and a FTP client, such as FileZilla. The duke3d.grp file will be located in "/ux0:/app/PCSB00437/Game" on your Vita.

4.) Open the duke3d.grp file with Group File Studio, and right-click on the "Sound Files" section, then click "Insert Files". Navigate to your temporary folder, and using Ctrl-A or shift-click, select all of the .voc files you extracted in the first step, and click OK. Now, it will ask you if you want to replace the files already in the .grp file one by one, so you'll need to click Yes for each, however, it doesn't take that long. After you have finished inserting the files, click save and wait for the process to complete.

5.) Once that's done, send the duke3d.grp file over to your Vita using the FTP client and VitaFile to "/ux0:/app/PCSB00437/Game", and enjoy the new better quality voice of Duke Nukem!

I decided your work was cool so I wrote about it on the front page of the website. Mentioned and credited you for the work. Great job!
#415646 by Akula
Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:52 pm
Typhoon_Neon wrote:I decided your work was cool so I wrote about it on the front page of the website. Mentioned and credited you for the work. Great job!

Holy ****, thanks!