HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
#411535 by psychowood
Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:05 am
Hi,
I just wanted to share a small project I started mostly to play with Android development, since I was on holiday. It's called YAHapp (I'm a tech, please don't ask me to name things :) ).

Right now it is just a little bit more than a poc, it has two main functions:

- (Re-)install HENkaku without accessing the official website. It can also download the latest payload files off the github repository directly from the app
    - Push .vpk files directly to your PSVita, after starting the ftp server of VitaShell: download an apk from you phone, then share the file with the app, enter the PSV ip address and you'll find the file in ux0:/yahapp/. It also tries to parse and validate the .vpk file before pushing it to block invalid files

If you want to share some feedbacks, you can download the .apk in the Releases section of the github repo.

Enjoy!
Advertising
#412117 by psychowood
Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:34 am
K_Mynd wrote:Awesome app! Would you be able to implement file transfer from vita back to the phone?

It would be possible, but I'm not sure it is completely worth the effort, at least for a generic use since it would mimick a standard ftp client. What would you do with such a function?

Maybe it could be more useful to add something more specific, something like Installed Applications/Savegames browsing and downloading, Param.sfo editing, patching...
#413178 by psychowood
Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:06 am
v0.2.275 released:

- Install vpk files from http links when browsing or via vpkmirror.com directly from YAHapp itself (video here)
- Embedded HENkaku payload updated to v6
- Embedded VitaShell 1.1 instead of MolecularShell
- Connection test with server validation
- Other (not so) minor fixes

This is the first signed apk, if you installed the previous version you'll need to uninstall it before updating