Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] vitaHexenII - Hexen II port for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Razzy

Re: [RELEASE] vitaHexenII - Hexen II port for PSVITA

Post by Razzy »

Awesome, one of my favourite games!

Tried it, works pretty well, at PSP resolution slows down very occasionally, mostly very fluid. Crashed once, but it was most likely random, since it was while running through a portal I passed through several times already.

Didn't manage to get the soundtrack working, so I have a few questions:
1. Do capitals matter? Since my files were named Trackxxx, not trackxxx.
2. Is the mentioned numbering scheme right? Since the quake port had the track00x format, here track0x is listed.
3. Do we follow the game CD numbering scheme (starting with track002 and up) or start at track000?

Controls seem to be a bit weird, though. When using the left analog for movement, with autorun on, the character moves noticeably (around 1/3rd) faster to the sides then forward or backward. Makes it difficult to hit enemies while circle strafing.

All in all, awesome release.

cya
Raziel-chan
Advertising
frostvi3n

Post by frostvi3n »

Well im having a problem :(
i put all of the pak file from 0 to 7 in there but it just take me back to VIta main screen
my data1 folder consist of pak0 with 22mb and pak1 with 72 mb

UP1 : Well it seems even with the provided file from vitahexen its the same , i just keeps getting back to vita main screen
UP2 : :D GOT IT WORKING
Advertising
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Razzy wrote:Awesome, one of my favourite games!

Tried it, works pretty well, at PSP resolution slows down very occasionally, mostly very fluid. Crashed once, but it was most likely random, since it was while running through a portal I passed through several times already.

Didn't manage to get the soundtrack working, so I have a few questions:
1. Do capitals matter? Since my files were named Trackxxx, not trackxxx.
2. Is the mentioned numbering scheme right? Since the quake port had the track00x format, here track0x is listed.
3. Do we follow the game CD numbering scheme (starting with track002 and up) or start at track000?

Controls seem to be a bit weird, though. When using the left analog for movement, with autorun on, the character moves noticeably (around 1/3rd) faster to the sides then forward or backward. Makes it difficult to hit enemies while circle strafing.

All in all, awesome release.

cya
Raziel-chan
1) capitals shouldn't matter but i'm not 100% sure.
2) The numbering scheme is correct.
3) Tracks must be 02, 03, 04 not 002, 003, 004.

You can also check if the game is correctly trying to load such files (will list only mid files) in the log file created at ux0:/data/Hexen II/log.txt (forgot to remove this debug feature <.<)
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
Razzy

Post by Razzy »

Yeah, checked the log, it's looking for the files. Will try renaming them to all lower case.

Checked the Quake port and everything works fine there. I wonder what's causing the faster strafing.

Also, does the port store button config in another file? I've yet to get it to save the button config so that it's there when I run the game again.

cya
Raziel-chan
Razzy

Post by Razzy »

Rinnegatamante wrote:1) capitals shouldn't matter but i'm not 100% sure.
2) The numbering scheme is correct.
3) Tracks must be 02, 03, 04 not 002, 003, 004.

You can also check if the game is correctly trying to load such files (will list only mid files) in the log file created at ux0:/data/Hexen II/log.txt (forgot to remove this debug feature <.<)
Okay, I tried adding the soundtrack in mp3, ogg and midi, neither worked. The log file reports the following:

Code: Select all

ux0:/data/Hexen II/cdtracks/track02.mid
ux0:/data/Hexen II/cdtracks/track03.mid
So it seems it's looking in the right place, but doesn't play anything.

The path for the cdtrackas folder is as follows:

Code: Select all

/ux0:/data/Hexen II/cdtracks
And files are named track02, track03, etc., of course with the proper extension, either .mid, .mp3 or .ogg.

Tried playing with the music volume slider, does nothing.

If I remember correctly, Hexen II on PC had a music source selector, dunno if that'd change things.

cya
Raziel-chan
animekai

Post by animekai »

frostvi3n wrote:Well im having a problem :(
i put all of the pak file from 0 to 7 in there but it just take me back to VIta main screen

UP1 : Well it seems even with the provided file from vitahexen its the same , i just keeps getting back to vita main screen
how did you fix the problem? i had the same problem with my pstv, my psvita seems to works, but my pstv keeps back to main screen
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

animekai wrote:
frostvi3n wrote:Well im having a problem :(

how did you fix the problem? i had the same problem with my pstv, my psvita seems to works, but my pstv keeps back to main screen
Back to main screen= you placed in wrong folder files or your paks are corrupted.
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
frostvi3n

Post by frostvi3n »

and remember to put everything in those folders , not like ok noly pak files , put everything in there
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

frostvi3n wrote:and remember to put everything in those folders , not like ok noly pak files , put everything in there
wut
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

Freeware games are always impossible for 95% of anybody to get working. It requires owning the game, or pirating it. You install it on the PC and move the files into a specific folder on the Vita. I'm a huge fan of D-Touch on android, I play the Brutal Doom mods, and have fancy texture pack and gun mods. I also have a history with installing full versions of the Doom/Hexen games on my PSP, so to me it's easy.

I haven't installed this yet, because I've been hella busy
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD

Return to “HENkaku”