NOTE: If you have the Steam version of Hexen II, read here: viewtopic.php?f=116&t=46740&p=424049#p424021
vitaHexenII is a port for PSVITA of Hexen II, a popular dark-fantasy fps created by Raven Software using a modified version of Quake Engine.
It's based on vitaQuake core and it shares a lot of features with it.
- Support to both standard game and Portal of Praveus expansion
- Support to both analogs for comfortable aiming and player movement
- Native support to 960x544 resolution
- Support to dualshock rumbling when player gets hit (PSTV only)
- Sounds and CDAudio (Soundtrack) support
- Hardware accelerated GPU Rendering
- Support to savestates
- When attempting to change map, sound is not properly paused
Place the data folder in ux0:/ and place your data1 folder from your Hexen II purchased installation in ux0:/data/Hexen II. If you want to install also Portal of Praveus, copy also the portals folder to ux0:/data/Hexen II.
How to use soundtrack
Soundtrack is supported in MIDI, OGG and MP3 formats.
Files must be placed in ux0:/data/Hexen II/cdtracks and must be named for example as track00.ogg, track01.ogg, ... or with their original names (casa1, casa2, casa3, ... )
If you are extracting tracks from your Hexen II cd, this is the corrispondence between track name and track filename:
track02 -> Casa1
track08 -> Egyp3
track14 -> Roma3
track03 -> Casa2
track09 -> Meso1
track15 -> Casb1
track04 -> Casa3
track10 -> Meso2
track16 -> Casb2
track05 -> Casa4
track11 -> Meso3
track17 -> Casb3
track06 -> Egyp1
track12 -> Roma1
track07 -> Egyp2
track13 -> Roma2
Github Repository: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/vitaHexenII