Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Updating VitaShell in Molecular Shell app

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
KatanaRama115

Updating VitaShell in Molecular Shell app

Post by KatanaRama115 »

1. Download vitashell 0.7 vpk
2. FTP the file to the ps vita
3. Install vitashell 0.7
4. Go to molecular shell app
5. go to ux0:app/ and click MLCL0001 then inside that folder delete its eboot.bin( which is the vitashell 0.6)
6. Then within in the same directory in ux0:app/ go to VITASHELL and copy its eboot.bin inside the folder of MLCL0001
7. Once you do that, close the molecular shell app and open it again and now you have VitaShell 0.7 updated in the molecular shell app.

EDIT: This done through the vitashell 0.7...just by copying the files not moving them
Advertising
Last edited by KatanaRama115 on Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gringo466

Re: Updating VitaShell in Molecular Shell app

Post by Gringo466 »

you would have to use "vitaftp" to change the eboot.bin you can not overwrite it if you are running it.(overwrite "Vitashell" eboot.bin using "vitashell" ftp.) if you were to use "vitaftp" or "vitashell" you could overwrite the "molecular" shell eboot.bin.
Advertising
KatanaRama115

Post by KatanaRama115 »

I didnt do it like that i first installed it and then copy its eboot.bin over to molecularshell folder which worked for me.
NerdyBits

Post by NerdyBits »

My Exploit server is currently serving vita shell 0.7 as standard if you wish to make the process a bit easier

Return to “HENkaku”