RayCast3D is a 3D Game Engine for Nintendo 3DS / PSVITA which runs under Lua Player Plus.
It uses Ray-Casting algorithm (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_casting) to generate a 3D world starting from a 2D map allowing to create basic 3D games without any knowledge of how 3D rendering works.
On PSVITA it runs good with accuracy values >= 3.
In the download package you'll find also a little sample app.
At the moment these are the Features RayCast3D offers:
- Different tile size maps
- Automated camera and player position management
- Support for huge maps (pratically there aren't limitations)
- Support for sky rendering and floor rendering
- Automated minimap renderer with player position
- Textured walls support
- Wall Collisions check
- Shading support
- Bullet system (Ray casting with returning values)
- Player collisions with walls
- Sprites support for animations
- Bullets physic
- Editable FOV
- Support to textures for walls, sky, floors
Video of a sample app
- Rinnegatamante: Author
- gnmmarechal: Video footage
- Special thanks to fpermadi for this really cool tutorial i used as base about RayCasting algorithm: http://permadi.com/1996/05/ray-casting-tutorial-table-of-contents/
Here you can download the first alpha version (v.0.1) with a sample tech demo and a short documentation for the available functions: https://rinnegatamante.it
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it