Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] vitaWolfen - Wolfenstein 3D port for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Dantenerosas

Re: [RELEASE] vitaWolfen - Wolfenstein 3D port for PSVITA

Post by Dantenerosas »

Thank you for new version. And is it me or camera is a bit on the slow side?
Advertising
CountDuckula

Post by CountDuckula »

Dantenerosas wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:48 am Thank you for new version. And is it me or camera is a bit on the slow side?
If you hold 'run' it turns faster, pretty sure that was the same in the original.
Mouse speed option doesn't seem to change the 'look' speed.
Advertising
bololabich

Post by bololabich »

*.sd3 files are not detected :/
Smoker1

Post by Smoker1 »

Is there a way to Rename the TitleID to start it with PCxx##### ?? In fact, would like to know if it is possible for Emulators/Homebrew in General.
PS3(BC60GB): 4.65 Rebug CFW
PSP 3000 (03g): 6.20 PRO-C2 (128GB->MicroSD Adapter)
Vita: 3.65 Enso HENkaku - Vita(3G) 400GB+SD2Vita (256GB)
N3DS XL : 11.8 Luma3DS
GPD XD1 (64GB) Rooted
GPD Win1
01y

Post by 01y »

Smoker1 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:45 am Is there a way to Rename the TitleID to start it with PCxx##### ?? In fact, would like to know if it is possible for Emulators/Homebrew in General.
Easy way is just change the appropriate string in the Makefile https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/vitaW ... akefile#L3

But you risk interfering with other software, so questionable why you'd want to do that in the first place
Smoker1

Post by Smoker1 »

01y wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:24 am
Smoker1 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:45 am Is there a way to Rename the TitleID to start it with PCxx##### ?? In fact, would like to know if it is possible for Emulators/Homebrew in General.
Easy way is just change the appropriate string in the Makefile https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/vitaW ... akefile#L3

But you risk interfering with other software, so questionable why you'd want to do that in the first place
Not if I change it to a Title ID I that most likely not be ever used, like for example, PCSE90000 or PCWF#####, or even PCSE92055 (Released in 1992, May 5th)
Reason I ask, is so Cheat Apps can be used to create Cheats for it. VitaCheat Dev informed me, that he is not planning for it to be compatible with Homebrew.
PS3(BC60GB): 4.65 Rebug CFW
PSP 3000 (03g): 6.20 PRO-C2 (128GB->MicroSD Adapter)
Vita: 3.65 Enso HENkaku - Vita(3G) 400GB+SD2Vita (256GB)
N3DS XL : 11.8 Luma3DS
GPD XD1 (64GB) Rooted
GPD Win1
01y

Post by 01y »

Having a bit of trouble compiling this. Is there an easy way to do this without over-writing my VitaSDK files (i.e. keep all the deps like custom SDL and Imgui somewhere in the project folder)?

I was hoping to add an "autorun" toggle, in order to allow faster turning when necessary (pressing triangle is awkward when pushing the right joystick with the same hand). Also considering mapping the joysticks to virtual mouse/joystick axes as well.

Edit: finally got it compiling, but something is still wrong, music plays while starting, but only a single colored triangle on a black background is displayed on-screen. Would be nice to get some compiling instructions, including a list of all the correct dependencies. My ultimate goal is to add the above control scheme (including activating the d-pad), and adding a native-res widescreen mode.
01y

Post by 01y »

A little update. Managed to get it all working, and tweaked the resolution a bit. What I was missing is that you need to use the "sdl12_gl" branch of Rinnegatamante's custom SDL library (not the main branch). Result below:
wide.png
wide.png (43.11 KiB) Viewed 7884 times
Runs at locked 60fps at 640x300 (stretches to widescreen, pictured), as well as at 640x400 (stretches to 4x3), as far as I can tell, in every scene I looked at. Going up to 960x453 knocks the framerate down to 20-45 or so, but strangely, this is subjectively much "choppier" feeling than bstone-vita at the same fps, where 45 looks perfectly smooth.

One problem, though: in trying to create reproducible steps to create compiling instructions, I ruined my vitasdk installation, and can't figure out how to reinstall properly (following the instructions exactly does not produce the intended result). So progress on adding analog controls is stalled for now.
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

01y wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:07 am A little update. Managed to get it all working, and tweaked the resolution a bit. What I was missing is that you need to use the "sdl12_gl" branch of Rinnegatamante's custom SDL library (not the main branch). Result below:

wide.png

Runs at locked 60fps at 640x300 (stretches to widescreen, pictured), as well as at 640x400 (stretches to 4x3), as far as I can tell, in every scene I looked at. Going up to 960x453 knocks the framerate down to 20-45 or so, but strangely, this is subjectively much "choppier" feeling than bstone-vita at the same fps, where 45 looks perfectly smooth.

One problem, though: in trying to create reproducible steps to create compiling instructions, I ruined my vitasdk installation, and can't figure out how to reinstall properly (following the instructions exactly does not produce the intended result). So progress on adding analog controls is stalled for now.
Analog controls are already supported, there even are some related commits: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/vitaW ... 53fa977e45

As for the how to compile, you just need vitaGL and SDL branch using vitaGL. You can even rename said SDL into something else like libSDL_gl.a and properly change lib name in Makefile in case you don't want to overwrite vita2d SDL.
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
01y

Post by 01y »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:04 pm Analog controls are already supported, there even are some related commits: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/vitaW ... 53fa977e45

As for the how to compile, you just need vitaGL and SDL branch using vitaGL. You can even rename said SDL into something else like libSDL_gl.a and properly change lib name in Makefile in case you don't want to overwrite vita2d SDL.
I mean, currently on MacOS, running vitasdk's install-all.sh doesn't leave all the right files in the right places anymore (many directories missing). Also bootstrap-vitasdk.sh has a problem with permissions, but taking ownership of /usr/local/vitasdk/ doesn't fix the first problem. In order to deal with the dependencies, was going to add the appropriate libraries as git submodules and get it all to work automatically, which doesn't seem too bad, assuming basic from-scratch vitasdk installation is possible anymore. :D

This was my to-do list for a possible "vitaWolfen-mod" version:

Code: Select all

re-implement FizzleFade
add resolution options and mod support to launcher
add "give keys" option to cheat menu
proper placement of interstitial screens in non-4x3 resolutions
add analog controls from joystick
add option to use four regions of back touchscreen for additional "buttons"
Not sure whether to work on it anymore.

Return to “HENkaku”