Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] vitaWolfen - Wolfenstein 3D port for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
lhrbu

Re: [RELEASE] vitaWolfen - Wolfenstein 3D port for PSVITA

Post by lhrbu »

The game runs smoothly!
But when I enjoy the game, I find a big problem that it can't change your weapons normally:
At the beginning you hold the pistol and when you push the L buttom you will change to the knife,and then
you can never change back by one push!you will have to hold down the L buttom so that you can use your pistol again!
Advertising
lhrbu

Post by lhrbu »

I read the instruction of the game,while in the original PC version,key 1 2 3 4 point to 4 diffenrence weapons,so would let vita's d-pad up down left right point to the weapons be a good advice?
Advertising
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

lhrbu wrote:I read the instruction of the game,while in the original PC version,key 1 2 3 4 point to 4 diffenrence weapons,so would let vita's d-pad up down left right point to the weapons be a good advice?
Yeah, you're probably right, going definitely to add this bind in next release.
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
Denni93

Post by Denni93 »

The debugging function sounds great!

But maybe I just messed up with the files and copied them wrong or somehting like that?
Could you maybe post a screenshot of alle files that should be in the folder for the full version?
Just posting a picture of those files should be okay, right?

And I also remember that there was a cheat where you had to press a specific button combination at once to get full health and the best weapon with max ammo. I can´t remember the buttons anymore, but are you also going to implement that in your game?
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Denni93 wrote:The debugging function sounds great!

But maybe I just messed up with the files and copied them wrong or somehting like that?
Could you maybe post a screenshot of alle files that should be in the folder for the full version?
Just posting a picture of those files should be okay, right?

And I also remember that there was a cheat where you had to press a specific button combination at once to get full health and the best weapon with max ammo. I can´t remember the buttons anymore, but are you also going to implement that in your game?
IF the cheat was available in full game, then it should be available on vitaWolfen too. (As for the full game, i don't own a retail CD of WOLF3D, i always tested it with shareware version.)
andoryuu3

Post by andoryuu3 »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:20 pm
Installation
In the RAR file you'll find a data folder and 4 vpks. Place the data folder in ux0:/ and if you want to play Full game or Spear of Destiny full game, you'll need to place wl6 and sod files in ux0:/data/Wolfenstein 3D. Shareware version and Spear of Destiny Demo files are already included in the data folder.

Let me know your feedback and your suggestions to improve this :D
So after a long time of putting it off, I finally tried to give vitaWolfen a go. I just tried your newest release of vitaQuake and was very impressed, but this (Wolfenstein 3D) is one of my all time favorite games... Unfortunately I have not played Spear of Destiny yet, so I'm a little confused.

Just like with vitaQuake, I tried to copy the relevant vitaWolfen files from my GOG version of Wolfenstein 3D to the respective data folder. However there are three folders of .sod files in the GOG version: m1, m2, and m3. What is the difference between these? If they are different missions, do you plan on supporting all three in a single vpk in a future release? If so, I think it would be really cool to see vitaWolfen as streamlined as vitaQuake! (in terms of conveniently supporting extra content anyway)

Anyway, I opted to copy the .sod files from m1 as I figured that must be the base game for Spear of Destiny, whereas m2 and m3 must be additional content. However every time I die in the full version of Spear of Destiny, the application crashes... Do you plan on fixing this?

Thank you so much for releasing this port! Hope to see improvements sometime in the future!

P.S.: For those wondering, you can safely delete the .wl1 and .sdm files from the Wolfenstein 3D data folder. These are just the Shareware version of Wolfenstein 3D and the Spear of Destiny Demo files. The application will still launch if you have the full versions installed and the shareware/demo versions removed. (the main menu will display only what you have installed; so in my case it only shows the full versions of Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny)
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

andoryuu3 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:49 pm
Rinnegatamante wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:20 pm
Installation
In the RAR file you'll find a data folder and 4 vpks. Place the data folder in ux0:/ and if you want to play Full game or Spear of Destiny full game, you'll need to place wl6 and sod files in ux0:/data/Wolfenstein 3D. Shareware version and Spear of Destiny Demo files are already included in the data folder.

Let me know your feedback and your suggestions to improve this :D
So after a long time of putting it off, I finally tried to give vitaWolfen a go. I just tried your newest release of vitaQuake and was very impressed, but this (Wolfenstein 3D) is one of my all time favorite games... Unfortunately I have not played Spear of Destiny yet, so I'm a little confused.

Just like with vitaQuake, I tried to copy the relevant vitaWolfen files from my GOG version of Wolfenstein 3D to the respective data folder. However there are three folders of .sod files in the GOG version: m1, m2, and m3. What is the difference between these? If they are different missions, do you plan on supporting all three in a single vpk in a future release? If so, I think it would be really cool to see vitaWolfen as streamlined as vitaQuake! (in terms of conveniently supporting extra content anyway)

Anyway, I opted to copy the .sod files from m1 as I figured that must be the base game for Spear of Destiny, whereas m2 and m3 must be additional content. However every time I die in the full version of Spear of Destiny, the application crashes... Do you plan on fixing this?

Thank you so much for releasing this port! Hope to see improvements sometime in the future!

P.S.: For those wondering, you can safely delete the .wl1 and .sdm files from the Wolfenstein 3D data folder. These are just the Shareware version of Wolfenstein 3D and the Spear of Destiny Demo files. The application will still launch if you have the full versions installed and the shareware/demo versions removed. (the main menu will display only what you have installed; so in my case it only shows the full versions of Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny)
Wolf3D sourcecode never mentions different missions/folders so i have no idea at all what m2 and m3 are.
As for the crash, i'll need to debug it.
andoryuu3

Post by andoryuu3 »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:59 pm
andoryuu3 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:49 pm However there are three folders of .sod files in the GOG version: m1, m2, and m3. What is the difference between these? If they are different missions, do you plan on supporting all three in a single vpk in a future release?
Wolf3D sourcecode never mentions different missions/folders so i have no idea at all what m2 and m3 are.
As for the crash, i'll need to debug it.
I think I found the answer to my question, and you may find this information useful:
https://www.gog.com/forum/wolfenstein_series/ecwolf_and_spear_of_destiny/post3 wrote:You can always copy the data files (audiohed.sod, audiot.sod, gamemaps.sod, maphead.sod, vgadict.sod, vgagraph.sod, vgahead.sod, vswap.sod for Spear of Destiny; gamemaps.sd2, maphead.sd2, and vswap.sd2 for Return to Danger; gamemaps.sd3, maphead.sd3, and vswap.sd3 for the Ultimate Challenge) in your ECWolf directory.

The audio* and vga* files are identical between Spear of Destiny and its mission packs, so you don't have to bother with finding .sd2 and .sd3 versions of them.

If the gamemaps, maphead, and vswap files in the M2 and M3 folders have the .sod extensions, change them to .sd2 and .sd3 for ECWolf to work.
So in short:
m1 = Spear of Destiny (.sod files)
m2 = Return to Danger (.sod files or .sd2 files)
m3 = Ultimate Challenge (.sod files or .sd3 files)

...And all audio* and vga* files across each mission are the same, making it possible to support Return to Danger and Ultimate Challenge with only 6 additional files (on top of the base Spear of Destiny files).

I did a little more research, and both the Steam ($3) and GOG ($10; includes Wolf3D) versions of Spear of Destiny include these two additional mission packs. I'm assuming the Steam version uses the .sd2/.sd3 files.. I only have the GOG version, and based on the files I have on my PC (and the GOG forums), the GOG version opted to make them all .sod files and give each mission their own folder.

If you do decide to add support for Return to Danger and Ultimate Challenge, I personally feel using .sd2/.sd3 files is better just for the sake of not having duplicate files. But honestly, whatever is easiest is fine with me-- they're small files anyhow.

In the meantime I may try to load up Return to Danger and Ultimate Challenge with vitaWolfen v1.0 and see how that goes!

EDIT:Curiosity got the best of me. Decided to buy the Steam version since it was so cheap. Yes, not only does the Steam version use .sd2/.sd3 files, but it also uses .sod and .sd1 files! See photo of the file listing here. Ignore the filesizes for now-- i'll be explaining that in a moment.

I also discovered why the Wolf3D sourcecode doesn't mention different missions or folders. Mods were not supported by it, so to load a different mission, the .sod files must be either replaced (Steam version) or relocated into multiple folders (GOG version).

Theoretically the Steam version's Spear of Destiny main mission .sod files should be the same as the .sd1 files. Curiously, they are not. I found the answer for this as well: the Steam version ships with the .sd3 files copied as the "current" .sod files. When you launch Spear of Destiny via Steam, a Steam application window pops up asking you which mission you want to play. Upon selecting Spear of Destiny, it copies the .sd1 files to the .sod files then loads the .sod files.

So for sure, the Steam version's .sd1 files are definitely the main Spear of Destiny mission pack. Weird that they would ship the game with .sd3 files as the preloaded .sod files...

Now I'm fairly confident that if I copy the .sod files from the m2 or m3 folder (from the GOG version) in place of the original Spear of Destiny files, vitaWolfen v1.0 should load them without issue. I'll be testing that next.

EDIT2: m2 (Return to Danger) works with vitaWolfen v1.0 when swapped in place of m1 (Spear of Destiny). I assume the same is true of m3 (Ultimate Challenge) but I currently don't have time to test. I will test after I get home from work.

EDIT3: m3 (Ultimate Challenge) works with vitaWolfen v1.0 as well. Just like m1 and m2, m3 also suffers from the "crash on death" bug, but otherwise runs perfectly fine.
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

v.1.5 released, bringing tons of new features and bugfixes!

Changelog:

- Moved to vitaGL for rendering.
- Moved from Wolf3D-PSP to Wolf4SDL base code.
- Fixed a lot of bugs causing random crashes, graphical glitches, game freezes
- Fixed fade-in/fade-out effects. Now they work as intended.
- Fixed main menu voices not being usable/freezing the game
- Fixed boot menu animation, now it works as intended.
- Reworked the launcher with ImGui for a cool-looking experience.
- Added an ImGui menubar with several features in-game.
- Added Cheats menu with several cheats to use during game.
- Added an fps counter.
- Added shaders support.
- Added vFlux support.
- Added Bilinear filtering support.
- Added runtime rescaler with customizable resolution settings.
- Added possibility to change in game UI appearence in the main menu.
- Fixed swap weapon key. Now it doesn't bug anymore keeping switching weapon constantly.
- Added support for Spear of Destiny missionpacks (Return to Danger and Ultimate Callenge).
- Added possibility to launch another core without having to close and reopen the launcher.
- Fixed audio code. Now it doesn't have strange glitchy effects with some sounds.
- Improved framerate. Now game runs at solid 60 FPS.

Credits:

- ocornut for dear ImGui
- rsn8887 for fixing shader for vitaGL usage
- All my patroners for their awesome support:
  • Billy McLaughlin II
  • Styde Pregny
  • XandridFire
  • AnOtHeROnE
  • Count Duckula
  • Jorge Laurencena
  • Jaden Emrich
  • polytoad
  • Defkyle
  • John Wanot
  • Ramerson Wesley Araújo
  • PSX-Place.com
  • rsn8887
  • Samuel Batista
  • Andyways
  • gnuffy
  • Colan Wiser
  • Elwood Blues
  • Justin
  • Angel Villagómez
  • gnmmarechal
  • Pirloui
  • Santiago Quiroga
  • Lars Zondervan
  • Daniel Crane
  • Yakara Network
  • Gelson Silva
  • Bryan Hanbury
  • 2Mourty
Download: http://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/31
maken

Post by maken »

Awesome! ImGUI is a really nice addition, too!

Few things to report though. Currently, both SOD mission packs are recognized for me in the launcher, but when I boot into them they just play the demo for the standard SOD. I have both mission packs with .sd2 and .sd3 file extensions like how they work with ECWolf, but that doesn't solve the issue. I also tried changing the casing to all lowercase since that was apparently a requirement for Wolf4SDL on linux, but got the same results. Removing the demo files and then trying one of the mission packs will boot you to the LiveArea.

One other thing to note is that exiting the game sometimes results in a crash. In SOD, dying can also result in a crash, but I can't reproduce the issue 100% of the time.

I also whipped up some LiveArea assets if you'd like to spiff things up a bit. They look a bit more like your vitaQuake releases. The bg0.png isn't the best quality in the world, but it was the cleanest version of the Wolf3D box art I could find. I can always edit it a bit if you'd like, and of course if you don't want to use any of these, that is alright too! :D
icon0.png - Image
startup.png - Image
bg0.png - Image

Return to “HENkaku”