HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
#407259 by Rinnegatamante
Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:20 pm
Introduction
vitaWolfen is a port for PSVITA of the classic old school FPS Wolfenstein 3D (formerly WOLF3D).
The port is still in a early stage so bugs can happen. If you find some of these, please report me them.

Features
- Native 960x544 resolution
- Support to both analogs for player/camera movement
- Floor and ceil rendering
- Support for both base game and Spear of Destiny expansion
- Savestates support
- Sound and music support

Controls
- Left Analog: Move Player
- Right Analog: Rotate Camera
- R / X = Fire
- Square = Open doors
- Triangle = Sprint
- Start = Pause Game
- Select / L = Change Weapon

Installation
In the RAR file you'll find a data folder and 4 vpks. Place the data folder in ux0:/ and if you want to play Full game or Spear of Destiny full game, you'll need to place wl6 and sod files in ux0:/data/Wolfenstein 3D. Shareware version and Spear of Destiny Demo files are already included in the data folder.
According to what version you want to play, install the relative vpk file. (You can also install more than a single vpk).

Links
Download: http://rinnegatamante.it
Repository: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/vitaWolfen

Let me know your feedback and your suggestions to improve this :D
Advertising
Last edited by Rinnegatamante on Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#407261 by gnmmarechal
Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:25 pm
Thanks! I'll be trying the version with sound shortly :)

EDIT : Oh well, doesn't have sound. Wolfenstein is still cool tho
Gj
Advertising
Last edited by gnmmarechal on Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#407263 by aristidesj
Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:28 pm
dang that's so cool, im definetly going to try it, here's hoping someday to play Blood on my vita too! cheers!
#407268 by Rinnegatamante
Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:37 pm
Zeroba wrote:Runs pretty dang well, but I have no sound and the controls are EXTREMEEEEELLLY touchy as if it has no deadzone, which would make sense.
You're going hard, Rinnegatamante.

Sound will be added as soon as an SDL port for PSVITA will pop out.
As for the controls, i tested it only on my PSTV, maybe on PSVITA it could appear too sensible. I probably need to make it less reactive.
#407274 by Zeroba
Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:52 pm
Rinnegatamante wrote:
Zeroba wrote:Runs pretty dang well, but I have no sound and the controls are EXTREMEEEEELLLY touchy as if it has no deadzone, which would make sense.
You're going hard, Rinnegatamante.

Sound will be added as soon as an SDL port for PSVITA will pop out.
As for the controls, i tested it only on my PSTV, maybe on PSVITA it could appear too sensible. I probably need to make it less reactive.

Wayy more touchy on the vita. The camera moves even from me not touching the stick, but that's because the vita sticks are well used and I guess lean very slightly in one direction? *shrug*