Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Making PSN PSP games compatible

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Razzy

Making PSN PSP games compatible

Post by Razzy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:32 am

Hello

I've ben wondering, would it be possible to bypass the block Sony put on some PSP games so that they can't be downloaded to the Vita, using HENkaku? Maybe not directly via PSN, but via PS4/PS3->Vita transfer? Since such transfers, after getting the game onto the PS3, can be done offline, then the compatibility info is most likely stored on the Vita. Perhaps it'd be possible to edit it to add games that are marked as incompatible? Silent Hill: Origins and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories are two examples of such games.

cya
Razzy
Advertising

pkmaximum

Re: Making PSN PSP games compatible

Post by pkmaximum » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:50 pm

This....I have a ton of purchased games that the Vita should be able to run but don't because of whitelist issues. For example, Crash Bandicoot.
Advertising

eighthdayregret

Re: Making PSN PSP games compatible

Post by eighthdayregret » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:26 am

I would imagine so.
If you have your license file for your PSP, it may be possible to copy the EBOOT over (renamed to PBOOT, maybe?), then, through some magic with CMA or QCMA, create a bubble for it.
This is just a theory on my part, however.
All your non-compatible PSN games are missing, really, is that download button. Pretty much all PSP games run on Vita, if you can get them on there.
Vita WiFi/3G - 8GB - 32GB - OFW 3.36 - PS+
GoW PSP-2000 - 2GB - 8GB - 2x16GB - 2x16GB - 6.61 ME-2.3

Return to “HENkaku”