Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Sindrik wrote:
Rinnegatamante wrote:
Sindrik wrote:thanks for your fine work Rinnegatamante. Will we see a Doom release too? i would definitely love your engine port for it
Doom is already available on Vita with vitaDoom and Retroarch prboom core.
sadly, it is not as good and dedicated as your treatment for the other game engines. It doesn't even have sound nor music, and no updates in almost a year, so it is pretty much abandoned
Retroarch prboom has sounds and soundtracks too as far as i know.
Advertising
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

New version of vitaQuake available (v.2.1) that brings a lot of new features, improvements and bugfixes.
I would say a big thanks to Ch0wW that worked really hard to port several stuffs from popular PC clients (like ProQuake client) and fixed tons of bugs.

With the new version, with VSync off and resolution at 480x272, the game runs at stable 60 FPS with soundtrack+sounds without any issue.

To anyone using old versions of vitaQuake, you can now uninstall vitaQuake Mod Selector, it's now useless since it's integrated with vitaQuake application.

Here's the full changelog:

Code: Select all

===
Version 2.10
===
- Added a benchmark option in the menu.
- Fixed a crash caused by being out of bounds.
- Fixed the IP:Port resolving problem.
- Added a serverlist option in Join Game screen with a couple of multiplayer servers available.
- Added a new official multiplayer server with deatmatch-only maps (Requires Full Game).
- Fixed controllers vibration. Now works as intended. (PSTV only)
- Merged the mod selection menu in the main app. (Hold R-Trigger once the screen is black to load it.). Any folder with pak files or a progs.dat is enough to be detected.
- Added a Vsync option. (turn it off for maximum performances)
- Increased the maximum text displayed on a single console line.
- Fixed cshifts not correctly refreshed after dying on lava/slime/water.
- Fixed a crash whenever you execute too many config files in a short time.
- The console/text inputs are now using the IME keyboard, not danzeff anymore.
- The front touchscreen can now be toggled between a camera or a button.
- Added psvita_front_sensitivity_x , psvita_front_sensitivity_y , psvita_back_sensitivity_x , psvita_back_sensitivity_y CVARs for better controls.
- Added new keys for menu: TRIANGLE to go back to the previous menu.
- Fixed lots of Key problems related to other navigations.
- Added L & R shoulders can be used to track back the console messages.
- Adapted the ProQuake 3.40 protocol to join / create servers.
- Fixed an unknown bug related to loading a solo game after playing deathmatch.
- Added a "Previous Weapon" binding (bound to CIRCLE by default).
- Reworked a bit the controls menu.
- Fixed a BIT oversight, which made every element from the HUD out of place (invisible while invulnerable, etc...)
- VitaQuake's version (and GIT revision) is now displayed on startup, aswell as on the console.
- Lots of performance boosts.

KNOWN ISSUES:
- A few mods that have custom models (such as X-Men Ravages of Apocalypse or Zerstörer) crashes when starting a map.
Download: http://rinnegatamante.it
Advertising
SeongGino

Post by SeongGino »

Rinnegatamante wrote:Retroarch prboom has sounds and soundtracks too as far as i know.
Small aside, RetroArch tester here. Current Libretro PrBoom doesn't have music on Vita, no AdLib/MIDI emulation/interpreter available. Just has sounds (Albeit slightly distorted pitch).

Anyways, excellent job with the port, Rinnegatamante! Nice performance for software rendering. Hopefully you'll be the first to implement hardware rendering/filters in the future for this kind of homebrew.

Small bug, don't know if this is intentional for whatever reason; logging onto an online multiplayer server forced the bottom-most UI towards the left, rather than centered. Main game UI (Such as popup scoreboard) is fine, though.
I'm just your average Seong. Move along, nothing to see here...
mindglitch

Post by mindglitch »

SeongGino wrote:
Rinnegatamante wrote:Retroarch prboom has sounds and soundtracks too as far as i know.
Small aside, RetroArch tester here. Current Libretro PrBoom doesn't have music on Vita, no AdLib/MIDI emulation/interpreter available. Just has sounds (Albeit slightly distorted pitch).
not sure if you know yet but it doesnt support music by default. mp3 soundtrack can be added in tho.

viewtopic.php?p=409514&f=116#p409514

works for all dooms.
-always use the search function before asking and if you receive help from anyone, say thanks and remember to pay it forward.
[spoiler]#387843 by dgjg0622
Tue May 12, 2015 12:01 pm

Me too,i can't install it, i am not back up, i can't update,I want dead[/spoiler]
MysticalLiete

Post by MysticalLiete »

Am I right in saying that the title screen demo doesn't work anymore?
a.k.a sj33
romain337

Post by romain337 »

Rinnegatamante wrote:With the new version, with VSync off and resolution at 480x272, the game runs at stable 60 FPS with soundtrack+sounds without any issue.
It doesn't have a stable 60 fps :) At least, it's what the fps counter is saying :) I get 40-60 very variable.
This don't change the fact that he run pretty well ^^

I think the ratio is bad, I run my version with a modified ratio (320/200) and it looks less deformed. To check, start a game, then look at the clouds while turning on yourself in the skills selector area. With 320/240, the angle of the wall change with orientation. But I can be wrong.

https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/vitaQ ... psp2.c#L79

Keep up the good work :)
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

romain337 wrote:
Rinnegatamante wrote:With the new version, with VSync off and resolution at 480x272, the game runs at stable 60 FPS with soundtrack+sounds without any issue.
It doesn't have a stable 60 fps :) At least, it's what the fps counter is saying :) I get 40-60 very variable.
This don't change the fact that he run pretty well ^^

I think the ratio is bad, I run my version with a modified ratio (320/200) and it looks less deformed. To check, start a game, then look at the clouds while turning on yourself in the skills selector area. With 320/240, the angle of the wall change with orientation. But I can be wrong.

https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/vitaQ ... psp2.c#L79

Keep up the good work :)
Disable VSync.

Quake Engine uses 320x240 resolution, it doesn't make sense to say that it looks "deformed". If it looks deformed then Quake is designed to look deformed.
romain337

Post by romain337 »

Rinnegatamante wrote:Disable VSync.
VSync is already disabled.
Rinnegatamante wrote:Quake Engine uses 320x240 resolution, it doesn't make sense to say that it looks "deformed". If it looks deformed then Quake is designed to look deformed.
Your right the engine is designed like this. My bad I didn't checked the code before. I tested some resolution on the dos version and found that with some of them the pixels are not square and give to the game different aspect. This is slight but noticeable.
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

WHen I start Vitaquake 2.10, I get a bunch of errors:
COULDN'T EXEC CONFIG.CFG
COULDN'T EXEC AUTOEXEC.CFG
COULDN'T EXEC CONFIG.CFG

and a blinking cursor in the Quake shell.

Can this be fixed somehow?
simando

Post by simando »

I get the same errors and when I try to enter the first chapter of the game it just crashes out now. It used to run fine in the older version... so I can no longer play it.

Return to “HENkaku”