Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
nicojarre

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

Post by nicojarre »

So excited to try!!!
But getting a C2-12828-1 error on launch here...
Tried to remove remaining data folder and savegame files from 2.5 to do a fresh install, no success.
Advertising
maken

Post by maken »

nicojarre wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:15 pm So excited to try!!!
But getting a C2-12828-1 error on launch here...
Tried to remove remaining data folder and savegame files from 2.5 to do a fresh install, no success.
Same issue here! Tried doing a clean install and everything. Furthest I get is to the quake console screen, but it still quits to a C2-12828-1 error. Here's the contents of the error dump:
Advertising
FrenchWave

Post by FrenchWave »

Crash with the last version too.
My dump:
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Should be solved now, redownload it from VitaDB.
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
maken

Post by maken »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:02 pm Should be solved now, redownload it from VitaDB.
Hmm, that solved partially solved the issue on my end, but the game still crashes if any folder other than "id1" is in the "ux0:/data/Quake/" directory. Having both rogue and hipnotic instantly crash the game, it doesn't even manage to get to the console. It's the same exact crash dump from beforehand.

Having just the "id1" folder works fine though! From what I can tell when playing the main campaign, it is running fantastic! Underwater effects, enemy interpolation, cd-audio... This port has it all and then some! Once the mod menu is working, it will probably be the best port of Quake out right now :D (MasterFeizz's ctrQuake is damned nice, but cd-audio is still missing along with mod selection with the .cia version)
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

maken wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:46 pm
Rinnegatamante wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:02 pm Should be solved now, redownload it from VitaDB.
Hmm, that solved partially solved the issue on my end, but the game still crashes if any folder other than "id1" is in the "ux0:/data/Quake/" directory. Having both rogue and hipnotic instantly crash the game, it doesn't even manage to get to the console. It's the same exact crash dump from beforehand.

Having just the "id1" folder works fine though! From what I can tell when playing the main campaign, it is running fantastic! Underwater effects, enemy interpolation, cd-audio... This port has it all and then some! Once the mod menu is working, it will probably be the best port of Quake out right now :D (MasterFeizz's ctrQuake is damned nice, but cd-audio is still missing along with mod selection with the .cia version)
I think it's a problem only with default expansions (hipnotic and rogue).
I do have tf mod and it works perfectly.
Probably there's a bug in Com_Init call, have to look further into this.
nicojarre

Post by nicojarre »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:51 pm I think it's a problem only with default expansions (hipnotic and rogue).
I also needed to delete hipnotic folder that was in my id1! Now it works like a charm. Impressive work!!!
Only improvement left would be the overbright and fullbright and that would make it the most beautiful Quake version ever :D

One bug report and one question :
- When the ps vita running vitaQuake 2.6 goes in sleep mode or if going to Vita menu screen for a second, turning it back on crashes quake with error C2-12828-1.
- Is there a way to change Gamma and Contrast via the console? Command seem to not be recognized...
maken

Post by maken »

nicojarre wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:11 pm
Rinnegatamante wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:51 pm I think it's a problem only with default expansions (hipnotic and rogue).
I also needed to delete hipnotic folder that was in my id1! Now it works like a charm. Impressive work!!!
Only improvement left would be the overbright and fullbright and that would make it the most beautiful Quake version ever :D

- When the ps vita running vitaQuake 2.6 goes in sleep mode or if going to Vita menu screen for a second, turning it back on crashes quake with error C2-12828-1.
- Is there a way to change Gamma and Contrast via the console? Command seem to not be recognized...
I haven't suspended my system with the game running, so I can't confirm that issue. I can, however, confirm that there is still an irregular bug with exiting from the main menu itself back to the livearea. Occasionally it will work just fine, but most of the time it gets a C2-12828-1 error.

I managed to get Rogue and Hipnotic working by renaming the folders. Someone on Reddit commented about it and it seems to work on my end.

One thing I did notice is that mods with their own soundtracks load, but load the standard game's soundtrack. Both Rogue and Hipnotic have their own music/cdtracks directories but I dunno if this is an issue with the mod selector or not. Thought I'd mention it either way!
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Gamma is not changeable at all in glQuake. It's a common bug. However you can increase/reduce PSVITA brightness on the game by holding PS button for a while.
nicojarre

Post by nicojarre »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:31 pm

Gamma is not changeable at all in glQuake. It's a common bug. However you can increase/reduce PSVITA brightness on the game by holding PS button for a while.
I suppose that contrast is also not changeable?

Return to “HENkaku”