Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake porting for PSVITA

Post by Rinnegatamante »

lupus wrote:So danzeff works? How can i use it?
Press select in Console screen.
Advertising
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
Razzy

Post by Razzy »

Nice port, though, since moving to GPU rendering will probably require more work, would a small update with added option to change resolution be possible? I imagine at PSP resolutions the game would work really well in software mode, since when you shrink the screen in options to roughly the same size, it runs really smooth.

cya
Razzy
Advertising
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Razzy wrote:Nice port, though, since moving to GPU rendering will probably require more work, would a small update with added option to change resolution be possible? I imagine at PSP resolutions the game would work really well in software mode, since when you shrink the screen in options to roughly the same size, it runs really smooth.

cya
Razzy
Technically you can use lower resolutions by chaning screen size in options but it will cause also window game to became smaller. I can try to add a resolution switcher and see if the framerate difference it's worth the graphics loss.
Razzy

Post by Razzy »

Rinnegatamante wrote:Technically you can use lower resolutions by chaning screen size in options but it will cause also window game to became smaller. I can try to add a resolution switcher and see if the framerate difference it's worth the graphics loss.
Yeah, I mentioned trying that, but it makes the game too small. A resolution switcher would be awesome.

cya
Razzy
Zeroba

Post by Zeroba »

I'll be super stoked when and if GPU rendering gets added. Never actually played Quake, this'll be when I do haha.
Something about playing games on a handheld just feels right to me. I love my PC, but the pick up and play factor of my handhelds is too nice.
Vita 1k 6.60 - HENkaku
PSP 3k 6.60 - PRO-C
NoOne

Post by NoOne »

When can we expect update for vita quake?
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

I'm working on a lot of ports atm. Basically i want to port all my 3ds homebrews to psvita so vitaQuake development is proceding slowly.
Razzy

Post by Razzy »

Rinnegatamante wrote:I'm working on a lot of ports atm. Basically i want to port all my 3ds homebrews to psvita so vitaQuake development is proceding slowly.
Take your time, HENkaku's been out for only a week, people need to learn some patience.

By the way, if you have a moment, you could look at other ID software games. Many have had PSP ports (aside of Quake, there was Doom, Hexen, Heretic, Hexen II, Quake 2 and Quake 3) and with Vita's power they could only work better. I'd be especially stoked to see a Quake 2 port, that game was awesome. And on Vita, the greatest drawback of PSP ports is gone - single analog cotrols.
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Razzy wrote:
Rinnegatamante wrote:I'm working on a lot of ports atm. Basically i want to port all my 3ds homebrews to psvita so vitaQuake development is proceding slowly.
Take your time, HENkaku's been out for only a week, people need to learn some patience.

By the way, if you have a moment, you could look at other ID software games. Many have had PSP ports (aside of Quake, there was Doom, Hexen, Heretic, Hexen II, Quake 2 and Quake 3) and with Vita's power they could only work better. I'd be especially stoked to see a Quake 2 port, that game was awesome. And on Vita, the greatest drawback of PSP ports is gone - single analog cotrols.
Hexen II port is finished by 10 months but it random crashes and i can't find a solution: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/vitaH ... ter/source
lupus

Post by lupus »

is it possible to bind some commands to touchpad/touchscreen?

Return to “HENkaku”