New version of vitaQuake available (v.2.1) that brings a lot of new features, improvements and bugfixes.
I would say a big thanks to Ch0wW that worked really hard to port several stuffs from popular PC clients (like ProQuake client) and fixed tons of bugs.
With the new version, with VSync off and resolution at 480x272, the game runs at stable 60 FPS with soundtrack+sounds without any issue.
To anyone using old versions of vitaQuake, you can now uninstall vitaQuake Mod Selector, it's now useless since it's integrated with vitaQuake application.
Here's the full changelog:
Code: Select all
- Added a benchmark option in the menu.
- Fixed a crash caused by being out of bounds.
- Fixed the IP:Port resolving problem.
- Added a serverlist option in Join Game screen with a couple of multiplayer servers available.
- Added a new official multiplayer server with deatmatch-only maps (Requires Full Game).
- Fixed controllers vibration. Now works as intended. (PSTV only)
- Merged the mod selection menu in the main app. (Hold R-Trigger once the screen is black to load it.). Any folder with pak files or a progs.dat is enough to be detected.
- Added a Vsync option. (turn it off for maximum performances)
- Increased the maximum text displayed on a single console line.
- Fixed cshifts not correctly refreshed after dying on lava/slime/water.
- Fixed a crash whenever you execute too many config files in a short time.
- The console/text inputs are now using the IME keyboard, not danzeff anymore.
- The front touchscreen can now be toggled between a camera or a button.
- Added psvita_front_sensitivity_x , psvita_front_sensitivity_y , psvita_back_sensitivity_x , psvita_back_sensitivity_y CVARs for better controls.
- Added new keys for menu: TRIANGLE to go back to the previous menu.
- Fixed lots of Key problems related to other navigations.
- Added L & R shoulders can be used to track back the console messages.
- Adapted the ProQuake 3.40 protocol to join / create servers.
- Fixed an unknown bug related to loading a solo game after playing deathmatch.
- Added a "Previous Weapon" binding (bound to CIRCLE by default).
- Reworked a bit the controls menu.
- Fixed a BIT oversight, which made every element from the HUD out of place (invisible while invulnerable, etc...)
- VitaQuake's version (and GIT revision) is now displayed on startup, aswell as on the console.
- Lots of performance boosts.
- A few mods that have custom models (such as X-Men Ravages of Apocalypse or Zerstörer) crashes when starting a map.