Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
aymeric000

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake porting for PSVITA

Post by aymeric000 »

Nice update :D
Advertising
PS Vita 1001 - 3.60 HENkaku Ensō - 64gb Memory card
PSP 1004 - 6.60 PRO-B10 CFW - 8gb Memory card
O-bake

Post by O-bake »

Rinnegatamante wrote:Here we are, the wait is finished, vitaQuake v.2.0 is now available for download!

[*]Mods support: Now vitaQuake supports mods. Enjoy mods for Quake and easily change the current in use mod with the comfortable Mod Selector included in the download package.[/*]
Holy ****! Thank you so much, this is really awesome!
Advertising
shadowbrony33

Post by shadowbrony33 »

[Removed]
Last edited by shadowbrony33 on Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Qwerty0s

Post by Qwerty0s »

I'm having some somewhat bizarre issues with the 2.0 build of VitaQuake
  1. 1. If you have the console output too many things (such as executing many cfg files, as one may have to do when playing team fortress on a handheld console,) it will crash the game. This isn't too big of a problem because you can just put the clear command in each of your configs so that it clears the console.
  • 2. If you type a command that changes the map into the console, it will leave the keyboard in the corner and not let you use any controls, leaving you frozen there.
  • 3. If you look out of bounds, the game will immediately crash.
  • 4. If you attempt to start a new game while a game is already running, you will be locked in an infinite loop asking if you want to start a new game.
  • 5. For some reason it doesn't seem to understand some console commands from the mod when loaded (doesn't understand temp1 from Team Fortress?)
  • 6. Occasionally, without warning, it will crash when trying to do too many things at once.
I hope these problems (especially number 2!) can be fixed in future builds; I'm hoping to host local Team Fortress servers for me and my brothers to play on our vitas!
SteelWolf89

Post by SteelWolf89 »

yay, it finally got soundtrack support! one big suggestion though:

instead of having the tracks inside of Quake/cdtracks and therefore not having each mission pack's or mod's respective soundtrack, why not have a separate folder for each mod, i.e. Quake/cdtracks/id1 Quake/cdtracks/rogue or Quake/cdtracks/hipnotic? this would solve most of the issue when it comes to loading each mod via the mod/episode loader, as it would be able to select the respective folders for each.

if that fails, you could simply do it as other engines do and load the music from Quake/id1/music Quake/rogue/music or Quake/hipnotic/music.
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Qwerty0s wrote:I'm having some somewhat bizarre issues with the 2.0 build of VitaQuake
  1. 1. If you have the console output too many things (such as executing many cfg files, as one may have to do when playing team fortress on a handheld console,) it will crash the game. This isn't too big of a problem because you can just put the clear command in each of your configs so that it clears the console.
  • 2. If you type a command that changes the map into the console, it will leave the keyboard in the corner and not let you use any controls, leaving you frozen there.
  • 3. If you look out of bounds, the game will immediately crash.
  • 4. If you attempt to start a new game while a game is already running, you will be locked in an infinite loop asking if you want to start a new game.
  • 5. For some reason it doesn't seem to understand some console commands from the mod when loaded (doesn't understand temp1 from Team Fortress?)
  • 6. Occasionally, without warning, it will crash when trying to do too many things at once.
I hope these problems (especially number 2!) can be fixed in future builds; I'm hoping to host local Team Fortress servers for me and my brothers to play on our vitas!
Thanks for you accurated post, if you have time, please report them even on GitHub as an issue just to be sure they will be fixed: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/vitaQuake/issues
SteelWolf89 wrote:yay, it finally got soundtrack support! one big suggestion though:

instead of having the tracks inside of Quake/cdtracks and therefore not having each mission pack's or mod's respective soundtrack, why not have a separate folder for each mod, i.e. Quake/cdtracks/id1 Quake/cdtracks/rogue or Quake/cdtracks/hipnotic? this would solve most of the issue when it comes to loading each mod via the mod/episode loader, as it would be able to select the respective folders for each.

if that fails, you could simply do it as other engines do and load the music from Quake/id1/music Quake/rogue/music or Quake/hipnotic/music.
It's something i've not thinked on, i'll probably move the cdtracks detection inside the gamedir folder (so Quake/id1/cdtracks for example).
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
eleriaqueen

Post by eleriaqueen »

Oh yeah! I played ~30 minutes of multiplayer matches on vitaQuake, noticed after killing some people that I hadn't set my name u_u
Lots of people dropping in/out at the moment ^_ ^
Most importantly it is fun !

I only had like 6-8 freezes most likely due to my crappy WiFi connection on the Vita (I have 100Mbps Fiber though) during the ~30 minutes of play (a network icon appeared then).
diablos222

Post by diablos222 »

I didnt set my nickname either and it somehow knew what it should be. How is that possible?
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

diablos222 wrote:I didnt set my nickname either and it somehow knew what it should be. How is that possible?
"- Now hostname and playername are set by default to in use PSN account nickname."
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
simando

Post by simando »

Sorry for the stupid question, but how do you 'update' to the newest version, do you just replace the Pak file, or do you have to remove everything including uninstall the bubble?

Return to “HENkaku”