Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Artem6

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

Post by Artem6 »

Hello everyone, thank you very much Rinnegatamante for the big port!! In version 2.9 there is one problem! The game is constantly freezing after about 5 minutes of play :( , earlier in version 2.8 it was not!! In advance thank you for decision issue...I'm really looking forward to. can this be corrected? :?:
Advertising
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

vitaQuake v.3.0 released!

Changelog:

- Optimized vitaGL code, now vitaQuake renderer is faster and requires less memory.
- Added support for lower resolutions in Options Menu (720x408, 640x368, 480x272) [REQUIRES HOMEBREW RESTART]
- Better Livearea assets (thanks to Ch3lin)
- Separated gyroscope sensitivity options per axis in Options menu.
- Enabled extra memory mode: now vitaQuake has ~100 MB more memory for usage.

Credits:
- MasterFeizz for ctrQuake source which i studied to understand how winQuake works.
- Ch0wW for several improvements and code cleanup.
- frangarcj, xerpi and Davee for helping during the journey that lead to the creation of vitaGL.
- All my patroners for their awesome support:
  • Billy McLaughlin II
  • Styde Pregny
  • XandridFire
  • AnOtHeROnE
  • Count Duckula
  • Jorge Laurencena
  • Jaden Emrich
  • polytoad
  • Defkyle
  • John Wanot
  • Ramerson Wesley Araújo
  • PSX-Place.com
  • rsn8887
  • Samuel Batista
  • Andyways
  • gnuffy
  • Colan Wiser
  • Elwood Blues
  • Justin
  • Angel Villagómez
  • gnmmarechal
  • Pirloui
  • Santiago Quiroga
  • Lars Zondervan
  • Daniel Crane
  • Yakara Network
  • Gelson Silva
  • Bryan Hanbury
  • 2Mourty
Download: http://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/10
Advertising
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
Dutt
HBL Tester

Post by Dutt »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 8:19 pm vitaQuake v.3.0 released!
Excellent work mate love your game ports.
1. PS Vita Wifi 2.01 fw - Pro-V/Ark
1. PS Vita Wifi 3.18 fw - ?
1. PS Vita 3G 3.60 fw - HENkaku
gyokuro

Post by gyokuro »

Thank you! One thing I noted - the console is still showing 2.9 even after uninstalling and reinstalling clean.
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

gyokuro wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:19 am Thank you! One thing I noted - the console is still showing 2.9 even after uninstalling and reinstalling clean.
Do you have the Resolution setting in Options menu? if so, it's just a glitch caused by not fully recompiling the release vpk, all features are implemented.
malditof

Post by malditof »

Hi, thanks for great Quake ports! I have my vita for about 2 weeks and I'm playing my favorite childhood games more than the vita ones.

I noticed a problem with vertical camera movement on right stick and gyroscope.

- with the thumbstick there is a dead zone when moving up or down, preventing precise camera movement.
- as for the gyroscope, after moving up or down the camera immediately goes back to the center position by itself.

All of this happens only on vertical movement, horizontal is fine. I'm also playing Quake 2 with gyro aiming and everything is perfectly fine there. Anybody noticed the similar behavior? Any fix for this?
Dutt
HBL Tester

Post by Dutt »

malditof wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:13 pm Hi, thanks for great Quake ports! I have my vita for about 2 weeks and I'm playing my favorite childhood games more than the vita ones.

- with the thumbstick there is a dead zone when moving up or down, preventing precise camera movement.
- as for the gyroscope, after moving up or down the camera immediately goes back to the center position by itself.

All of this happens only on vertical movement, horizontal is fine. I'm also playing Quake 2 with gyro aiming and everything is perfectly fine there. Anybody noticed the similar behavior? Any fix for this?
Yes I to have this problem.
1. PS Vita Wifi 2.01 fw - Pro-V/Ark
1. PS Vita Wifi 3.18 fw - ?
1. PS Vita 3G 3.60 fw - HENkaku
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Dutt wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 1:03 am
malditof wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:13 pm Hi, thanks for great Quake ports! I have my vita for about 2 weeks and I'm playing my favorite childhood games more than the vita ones.

Yes I to have this problem.
This may be caused by forced lookspring set since old software rendered version of the homebrew. I'll take a look again and try to fix it.
01y

Post by 01y »

Thanks for this port, it's probably my favorite homebrew at the moment to use.

I'd like to request the ability to change the size of interface text. It's a feature that's already implemented in other Quake ports, such as Quakespasm. I can't quite figure out how to merge in the proper bits, or implement it myself, or else, I'd have done it and made a PR, but can't imagine that it would be too complex. As it is, the text size is just below the threshold of being comfortable to read.

Would also like to request "analog" movement controls for the left stick if this is possible.

Settings do not appear to get saved on the latest version as well. For instance, turn off bilinear filtering -> quit -> start the app again, and the filtering is back.
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

01y wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:05 pm Thanks for this port, it's probably my favorite homebrew at the moment to use.

I'd like to request the ability to change the size of interface text. It's a feature that's already implemented in other Quake ports, such as Quakespasm. I can't quite figure out how to merge in the proper bits, or implement it myself, or else, I'd have done it and made a PR, but can't imagine that it would be too complex. As it is, the text size is just below the threshold of being comfortable to read.

Would also like to request "analog" movement controls for the left stick if this is possible.

Settings do not appear to get saved on the latest version as well. For instance, turn off bilinear filtering -> quit -> start the app again, and the filtering is back.
Left analog is already used for movement.
As for settings, you have to close the game from main menu options and not by pressing the PS button.

Return to “HENkaku”