Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
SeongGino

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake porting for PSVITA

Post by SeongGino »

Rinnegatamante wrote: - Maybe it's me that i'm not native english but " is there room for improvement with for instance multithreading" i really don't understand what you wanted to say with this.
Pretty sure he/she meant to ask if you were going to use the four Vita CPU cores to increase performance somehow, or at least make it a tad more economical on the processor. It's alright. (^^;
Advertising
I'm just your average Seong. Move along, nothing to see here...
eleriaqueen

Post by eleriaqueen »

@Rinne I managed to reproduce the crash several times : Set "Depth of Field" to the max, then Resolution to the minimum, and when exitting (The game says something funny, which is different everytime you exit, and then asks you to push Y) it crashes. (I don't know how to do screenshots :O)

About the multithreading thing, yes I was wondering if you plan on utilizing all four cores of the Vita ^_ ^
Advertising
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

eleriaqueen wrote:@Rinne I managed to reproduce the crash several times : Set "Depth of Field" to the max, then Resolution to the minimum, and when exitting (The game says something funny, which is different everytime you exit, and then asks you to push Y) it crashes. (I don't know how to do screenshots :O)

About the multithreading thing, yes I was wondering if you plan on utilizing all four cores of the Vita ^_ ^
Press Home+Start button to take screenshots.
As for multithreading, HENkaku has access to only 3 cores and they're already used at all (1 core = game, 1 core = sounds, 1 core = cdaudio music)
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
eleriaqueen

Post by eleriaqueen »

Here is a screenshot :)
(By the way, I bought Quake through "Good Old Games" (gog.com) for 9 Euro, though it doesn't contain CDAudio due to copyright issues)
Attachments
2016-08-12-110841.jpg
2016-08-12-110841.jpg (163.71 KiB) Viewed 9332 times
Last edited by eleriaqueen on Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

eleriaqueen wrote:Here is a screenshot :)
The crash on quitting is a well known bug, as for the Y,N. They are the PC equivalent buttons, i must change them <.<
aymeric000

Post by aymeric000 »

eleriaqueen wrote:WoW! I'm going to try 1.4 Ver. soon, thanks a lot @Rinnegatamante !
Does your port support 3rd party episodes like DOPA (Dimension of the Past) by Machine Games (it was made for winquake) ? => http://www.pcgamer.com/machinegames-rel ... e-episode/

Edit : I found a bug in 1.4, I tried exitting after having played ep4 and tweaked quite a few settings, it asked me to push Y, I pressed triangle then square then X and it crashed.
If you need a log/dump or whatever it's called, PM me.
I also tried putting "Dimension of the Past" episode in a folder called "dopa" inside "Quake" right next to "id1". As I expected, it doesn't load ^_^ (hardcoded accepted files list/directory structure ?). Could we have support for this awesome creation please ? :3

Comment/Question : At native resolution and in it's current version vitaQuake runs not so well, is there room for improvement with for instance multithreading, or are you going to offload what you can to the gpu later in development so that it runs smoothly ?
Actually i tried something crazy... and Dopa worked for me by calling "pak02" and put in id folder lol

EDIT : it crash after complete the E1 :( so much hope, maybe we could find a trick
PS Vita 1001 - 3.60 HENkaku Ensō - 64gb Memory card
PSP 1004 - 6.60 PRO-B10 CFW - 8gb Memory card
glas

Post by glas »

Hey Rinne, awesome port! Could you allow enable of save settings? everytime i restart i have to repair (sensibility, brightness, button config and screen resolution)

About crashes, I am playing on hard, level 5 so far and i only have heavy crashes on grizzy grotto (lvl 3 when jumping into water).
Twitter: @_brandNEWdays
PSN ID: DJ_Tomato
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Here we are, the wait is finished, vitaQuake v.2.0 is now available for download!

vitaQuake v.2.0 has a lot of new cool features:
  • Multiplayer support: Enjoy the competitive gameplay of Quake with other players. vitaQuake now supports both locale and online multiplayer and we have also started an official online server with 16 slots. vitaQuake supports both native Quake and ProQuake servers. If you want to join the multiplayer community, take a look here: https://rinnegatamante.it/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=29
  • Mods support: Now vitaQuake supports mods. Enjoy mods for Quake and easily change the current in use mod with the comfortable Mod Selector included in the download package.
  • Soundtrack support: Tired of no music in background? Now vitaQuake supports also CDAudio tracks! More info on how to use official Quake soundtrack can be found in first post.
  • Several improvements and minor additions: A lot of bugfixs, minor features and improvements had been made. I suggest you to take a look at the complete changelog to figure out all the new changes!
Complete changelog:

Code: Select all

- Added "Show Framerate" in Options that will toggle an fps counter on screen.
- Fixxed demos playback rotation. Now demos are correctly played in sequence.
- Added "Rumble Effect" in Options that enable dualshock rumbling when you get hit (PSTV only).
- Implemented MultiPlayer Locale / Online with support to native Quake and ProQuake servers.
- Added an official server in "Join Game" window running under ProQuake and using only shareware maps.
- Added support for mods and added a Mods Selector app to fast change in use mod directly from PSVITA.
- Improved framerate with the usage of some compiler optimizations.
- Code and menus cleanup.
- Fixxed settings saving / loading. Now they are correctly saved and re-loaded at vitaQuake startup.
- Added CDAudio (Soundtrack) support in both MP3 and OGG formats.
- Re-added "BGM Volume" in Options to change volume of CDAudio track.
- Now touchscreen is bind by default to "+showscores", will show Secrets/Monsters stats on singleplayer and players ranking on multiplayer.
- Now hostname and playername are set by default to in use PSN account nickname.
Download: http://rinnegatamante.it
gnmmarechal

Post by gnmmarechal »

Awesomeness update!
StepS

Post by StepS »

Quake has always been my first ever and most favorite FPS game. So I'm very glad to see these updates happen. Thank you!
I'll make sure to test online support soon and report back if anything doesn't work still.

Return to “HENkaku”