Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

My notes about vitadoom recompilation on win10 with msys2

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
minilgos

My notes about vitadoom recompilation on win10 with msys2

Post by minilgos » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:38 pm

Hi all. Thx for henkaku. This hack is sweet!

Took me a few hours to recompile successfully vitadoom with just win10 and msys2.
Here are my notes for those struggling like i did.

install msys2 to d:\msys64 and upgrade it as much as you can with pacman commands from their site
install vitasdk to d:\vitasdk
create user environment variable VITASDK=d:/vitasdk (yes, it must be / instead of \)
start D:\msys64\msys2_shell.cmd
pacman -S make
pacman -S tar (portlibs wants this)
pacman -S gcc (freetype wants this native c compiler for internal silly native tools compilation possibility check)
retrieve xerpi's sources for vita-portlibs and vita2d libraries
portlibs : add prefix, ar, cc, ccp definitions
libraries needed for vita2d are zlib, freetype, libpng and libjpeg-turbo
then create install-libpng install-libjpeg-turbo install-freetype in order to try them separately, mess with all:
zlib : in configure put # in front of leave 1 after the warning about harsh report (otherwise it will stop make)
libvita2d : in makefile add -I$(VITASDK)/arm-vita-eabi/include/libpng16 -I$(VITASDK)/arm-vita-eabi/include
copy libvita2d.a to D:\vitasdk\arm-vita-eabi\lib
copu vita2d.h to D:\vitasdk\arm-vita-eabi\include
vita_doom : in makefile (I don't like adding d:\vitasdk\bin to environment so i chance a bit vita_doom makefile)
add PREFIX = $(VITASDK)/bin/arm-vita-eabi
and be more precide about these binaries locations :
$(VITASDK)/bin/vita-elf-create out/$(TITLE).elf out/$(TITLE).velf
$(VITASDK)/bin/vita-make-fself out/$(TITLE).velf out/eboot.bin
$(VITASDK)/bin/vita-mksfoex -s TITLE_ID=DOOM00000 "$(TITLE)" out/param.sfo
my makefile (copy LIBS from vita_doom makefile) :
LIBS = -lSceTouch_stub -lSceDisplay_stub -lSceGxm_stub -lSceCtrl_stub -lSceRtc_stub -lScePower_stub -lSceSysmodule_stub -lSceCommonDialog_stub

retrieve the official vitadoom.vpk, remame it .zip and replace eboot.bin and param.sfo inside it to create your own .vpk (be aware that xerpi is preparing a binary that will make easier the update/creation of a vpk)

checking if I was able to recreate vitadoom from scratch allowed me to create the valid vita2d library I needed for my own homebrew. I hope my little notes will help you.
Advertising

Return to “HENkaku”