This is my Vita port of Enigma, a skill/puzzle game inspired by Oxyd on the Atari ST and Rock'n'Roll on the Amiga.
The object of the game is to uncover pairs of identically colored Oxyd stones. Simple? Yes. Easy? Certainly not! Hidden traps, vast mazes, laser beams, and, most of all, countless hairy puzzles usually block your direct way to the Oxyd stones … If you are new to Enigma, you may want to take a look at a few screenshots or peek at the user manual.
Detailed information about the game can be found here:
Thanks to my supporter(s) on Patreon: CountDuckula.
Thanks to the developers of VitaSDK and other developers on the Vita for making this possible, in no particular order: @devnoname120, @TheOfficialFlow, @yifanlu, @Rinnegatamante, @cpasjuste, @xyzz, @xerpi, and many others.
Thanks to the many developers of the original game, such as the main developers Thomas Bernhardt, Raoul Bourquin, Siegfried Fennig, Martin Hawlisch, Daniel Heck, Ronald Lamprecht, Andreas Lochmann, Petr Machata, Nobby, Nat Pryce, Jacob Scott, Sven Siggelkow, Ralf Westram, and many many others.
The full credits are at http://www.nongnu.org/enigma/credits.html .
Special thanks to Meinolf Schneider / Amekudzi for the original Oxyd games on Atari ST and PC which inspired Enigma.
- Install the .vpk
- Extract the contents of data.zip into ux0:data/
- game controller support: analog joystick mouse controls and button mappings
- front and rear touch controls with left/right mouse click gestures
- complete level data package with pre-calculated preview screenshots for each of the hundreds of levels
- Bluetooth keyboard and mouse combo support (Vita supports only a limited number of BT devices, tested working with Jelly Bean BT keyboard and mouse combo ASIN:B06Y56BBYP)
Left analog stick - analog control of the marble and mouse pointer
Square - select menu items, use object in game (left mouse button)
Triangle - cycle through inventory items (right mouse button)
Start - bring up in-game menu (escape key)
Select - destroy marble and remove one life (F3)
R-trigger - restart level (shift-F3)
Front touch - analog control of the marble and mouse pointer
Rear touch - analog control of the marble and mouse pointer
Single finger tap - select menu items, use object in game (left mouse button)
Dual finger tap - cycle through inventory items (right mouse button)
Dual finger tap works by holding one finger down and quickly tapping with a second finger somewhere else.
Mouse sensitivity can be adjusted in options. The setting affects analog joystick, touch, and real bluetooth mice.
Enigma needs xerces-c and inet. To prepare compilation:
- with a text-editor, load the file $VITASDK/arm-vita-eabi/include/netinet/net.h. Inside the file, replace "struct" with "inline struct" on line 45 and 49.
- download or clone my xerces-c repo from [here](https://www.github.com/rsn8887/xerces-c) into a folder called xerces
cmake -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=$VITASDK/share/vita.toolchain.cmake -Dmutex-manager=nothreads -Dnetwork=OFF -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -Dsse2=OFF -Dthreads=OFF -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=OFF ../xerces/
make install -j10
You should now have the file
and a whole bunch of header files in
- Clone the Enigma repo into a folder called Enigma and compile
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ../Enigma
make enigma.vpk -j10
- decrease default joystick sensitivity (marble moved too fast when controlled with joystick)
- map r-trigger to 'restart' and select button to 'kill marble'
- initial Vita port release based on latest Enigma development version
HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
1 post • Page 1 of 1