Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
User avatar
szczuru
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:18 pm

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

Post by szczuru » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:35 pm

Any chances for Quake 2 on Vita? :D
Advertising

User avatar
Rinnegatamante
VIP
Posts: 732
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:02 am
Contact:

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

Post by Rinnegatamante » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:41 pm

szczuru wrote:Any chances for Quake 2 on Vita? :D
Whitout an openGL-like wrapper, not from me (and probably not from anyone).
Advertising
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D

User avatar
reprep
Posts: 1072
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:38 pm

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

Post by reprep » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:15 pm

thanks i will try campaign.

for opengl like wrapper does SDL count?

User avatar
Rinnegatamante
VIP
Posts: 732
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:02 am
Contact:

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

Post by Rinnegatamante » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:07 pm

reprep wrote:thanks i will try campaign.

for opengl like wrapper does SDL count?
Nope, current SDL port doesn't have support for SDL_OPENGL mode.
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D

Rameron
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:06 pm

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

Post by Rameron » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:16 pm

Hello!

Asked for help: when I'm launching game, it closed and after this in Quake folder appearing file "log.txt" with line "ux0:/data/Quake/id1/pak0.pak is not packfile". These files (pak0.pak and pak1.pak) I got from Quake 1 game folder.

Thanks for help.

User avatar
Rinnegatamante
VIP
Posts: 732
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:02 am
Contact:

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

Post by Rinnegatamante » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:28 pm

Rameron wrote:Hello!

Asked for help: when I'm launching game, it closed and after this in Quake folder appearing file "log.txt" with line "ux0:/data/Quake/id1/pak0.pak is not packfile". These files (pak0.pak and pak1.pak) I got from Quake 1 game folder.

Thanks for help.
Your pak files seems to be corrupted.
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D

Rameron
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:06 pm

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

Post by Rameron » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:05 am

It was just pak files from russian version of game. The game work good on PC, but PSV don't want to accept these. But original pak files from original english game is working. Mystic.

Deathscreton
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

Post by Deathscreton » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:01 am

So I've been peering into the source for vitaQuake as I want to look at maybe moving NZP (Nazi Zombies Portable) to this version. The dual analogs would do wonders.

Do you think this would be a possibility based on the differences of the PSP Quake and Vita Quake? I'd be willing to learn the internals if there was a possibility (I know the capabilities are there, but what would the difficulty look like? Would I be wasting my time?).

What IDE are you using, what compiler? FrikQCC?

I know mods are supported, would I be better off porting what I want in mod format instead of rewriting the demo for NZP?

User avatar
Rinnegatamante
VIP
Posts: 732
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:02 am
Contact:

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

Post by Rinnegatamante » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:52 pm

Deathscreton wrote:So I've been peering into the source for vitaQuake as I want to look at maybe moving NZP (Nazi Zombies Portable) to this version. The dual analogs would do wonders.

Do you think this would be a possibility based on the differences of the PSP Quake and Vita Quake? I'd be willing to learn the internals if there was a possibility (I know the capabilities are there, but what would the difficulty look like? Would I be wasting my time?).

What IDE are you using, what compiler? FrikQCC?

I know mods are supported, would I be better off porting what I want in mod format instead of rewriting the demo for NZP?
So:
- PSPQuake uses hw rendering with sceGu, vitaQuake uses sw rendering with vita2d for hw acceleration.
- NZP uses a modified version of Quake Engine, this will imply the fact that several drawing functions won't exist in sw rendering and you'll have to manually rewrite them in order to work with vitaQuake source.
- I don't use any IDE, they're too slow for me. I'm fine with Notepad++. As for compiler you don't have so much choices, you can use arm-vita-eabi-gcc / g++ only.
- NZP is not a mod, so no, you can't port it as a mod. NZP is a total conversion that introduces new stuffs in the main source of the engine. (Think at it as HexenII, the concept is the same).
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D

MuskratDesman
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:09 pm

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

Post by MuskratDesman » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:24 pm

But what about Qurtal (Portal on the Quake engine that came out on the PSP)?
Link to the page on moddb http://www.moddb.com/games/quartal

Post Reply

Return to “HENkaku”