Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[UPDATED 6.12.2015] VitaShell 0.3

Submit here your entries for the Revitalize Competition. Deadline is September 30th.
Rules can be found here: http://wololo.net/revitalize/
RepeatingDigits

Re: [UPDATED 17.11.2015] VitaShell 0.2

Post by RepeatingDigits »

Yess. Well, wagic worked. ¿I wonder if this works for creating PSP game bubbles?
Advertising
SteelWolf89

Post by SteelWolf89 »

Serious question.

Is there any way of force installing this on 3.52?

I have PSM DEV, Pool Hall Pro and the Ark-2 bubble installed, and have a previous install of TN-V11 on my memory card.
Advertising
OperationNT

Post by OperationNT »

No, you use VitaShell on FW 3.52 because it starts through Rejuvenate hack.
Rejuvenate hack needs that "PSM Dev Assistant" application can start and it is not the case on FW 3.52 (people reports that it is locked because it asks an update).
lalabuy

Post by lalabuy »

i don't have a base game.can i use other guys EBOOT.PBP and __sce_ebootpbp to create a bubble?
Typhoon_Neon

Re: VitaShell 0.1

Post by Typhoon_Neon »

Santaros wrote:
TheFloW wrote:

There are 3 steps to create a PSP homebrew bubble:
1) Go to your desired homebrew folder at /PSP/GAME/ where there's the EBOOT.PBP. Press X on this file. If it isn't signable, you'll get the 'Cannot sign this file' or 'Error 0xFFFFFFFE' error. If you have successfully signed the file, a PBOOT.PBP should have been created and EBOOT.PBP renamed to EBOOT_ORI.PBP.
2) Copy any EBOOT.PBP and __sce_ebootpbp file to the current folder.
3) Rebuild database and enjoy.
As I understand it step 3 isn't entirely true, you can copy it across to your PC, delete the original and then copy it back. I would prefer to avoid rebuilding the database wherever possible ;).

I gave this a shot via the Japanese Patapon 3 Demo which doesn't contain DRM and can be installed through the Package Installer [viewtopic.php?t=38342]. Unfortunately while installing this way does create the sce_ebootpbp file, it doesn't create the necessary rif file [It appears this comes from Sony] and doesn't work.
Care to elaborate? I can't copy anything over from PC since QCMA only shows Corrupted Data. I would prefer not to rebuild either but, you know.
If you like my articles on the front page you can always check out the archive check out the archive and I have a Twitter too!
Santaros

Post by Santaros »

lalabuy wrote:i don't have a base game.can i use other guys EBOOT.PBP and __sce_ebootpbp to create a bubble?
I don't believe you can no, the sce_ebootpbp is tied to the specific console it was created on

Sorry Typhoon my bad on that one, I looked into it further and didn't realise that with bubbles they would come up corrupt.

http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuid ... tgame.html

Is where I got that idea from. I don't know whether that would necessarily be tied to QCMA. You could try FTP'ing the directory across to your PC, deleting the bubble folder. Resetting the Vita and then copying it back across. Reset it again and see whether it works. I would test it myself but my PSP games ended up getting deleted and I don't have access to a PS3 to reinstall :(.
Towshend

Re: VitaShell 0.1

Post by Towshend »

TheFloW, many thanks for your hark work! :)
I have a question: can you build the eboot.pbp vitashell app? It wil be easier to use your Homebrew without PC everytime. Thanks!
TheFloW
Guru

Post by TheFloW »

Hi guys,
Soon you all will be able to vote for the best homebrew of the Revitalize Competition. I hope that VitaShell will get many votes...it's all up to you guys :) I'd be so happy to see some supporters. Actually I'm not the type of person who asks for likes and votes, but in this competition here, having a good result for my homebrew will make me even more motivated to work on it ;)

In further releases you'll expect:
* Media player: Surely MP3, WAV, OGG...maybe more formats. Also I am probably going to add MP4 and AVC playback.
* Shortcuts: Button combinations to copy, paste, etc. files and folders.
* Export function to photo0, music0 and video0 directories.
* Improved HEX and text editor with editing ability.
* 444Mhz for the FW's which support it.
You can certainly post your own ideas here. Be free and write down what you wish for this homebrew.

See you guys,
TheFloW
Last edited by TheFloW on Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
shura

Post by shura »

First of all thank you for this wonderful homebrew, be sure I will vote for VITASHELL :P
Maybe it would be good to add the feature to move files, I mean not only copy/paste and then erase the file...
Another feature could be USB support :D
Thank you again.
TheFloW
Guru

Post by TheFloW »

shura wrote:First of all thank you for this wonderful homebrew, be sure I will vote for VITASHELL :P
Maybe it would be good to add the feature to move files, I mean not only copy/paste and then erase the file...
Another feature could be USB support :D
Thank you again.
There's sadly no API for IO move unless someone finds the command like Total_Noob did for the PSP: viewtopic.php?t=28206.
I've not bothered with USB yet (but I WILL soon). As PSM DOES uses some USB functions, it's surely possible to do something with them, but we first need to reverse and understand them.
And thank you for voting!

Return to “Revitalize Competition”